[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

12 minutes ago, softweir said:

@StolasNow that is interesting and different! What mods did you use in that? - it sure looks like a few of the modules are from ones other than HabTech2.

yes, there is not only HabTech2 and its accompanying mods. there is also bdb and Planetside Exploration Technologies

Just a quick update on the current situation - 

As of last week the dead hard drive has been successfully removed and a new SSD put in its place, so the computer is usable again! Seems like the issue is probably with the read/write head on the drive, so there is potential for data recovery (but I'm not holding my breath on that). When I have chance I'll get a Unity install up and running and get back to it, for the time being though I am focusing on my freelance work and hopefully will be able to afford data recovery sooner rather than later (as being able to get my old setup back would really speed things up). 

Thanks again to everyone who donated. You have helped massively and got me back on track, and I was really quite overwhelmed by the support I received - so thank you. 

On 8/18/2023 at 7:12 PM, Stolas said:

screenshot185.png

Gorgeous! Whenever I try to build larger space stations though, after a while (many launches for building it, and than many supply missions), they are all messed up, every part is shifted in some direction. Does that happen to anyone else? Is Kerbal Joint Reinforcements or some other mod to blame, or is this just KSP?

2 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

Gorgeous! Whenever I try to build larger space stations though, after a while (many launches for building it, and than many supply missions), they are all messed up, every part is shifted in some direction. Does that happen to anyone else? Is Kerbal Joint Reinforcements or some other mod to blame, or is this just KSP?

It's just KSP, unfortunately, and nothing can prevent the accumulating errors (that I know of). :valsad:

9 hours ago, infinite_monkey said:

thank you. I use super-heavy rockets to launch multiple models at the same time without docking. They are already connected together. this allows you to reduce the number of details (but that still doesn't rule out some problems)

@benjee10 Some of the Habtech science labs seem to process data much too fast or slow. I think it's because of their researchTime parameters.

• Fortune/Destiny processes data way too fast. In my install it generates thousands of science points per game day.
  • Tomodachi/Kibo is far too slow. I'm getting only 0.07 science points per day after filling the lab with scientists.
  • I haven't noticed any crazy speeds using other labs. Maybe some are a little fast or slow but they seemed within the realm of reasonableness. I'm not sure that I've tried every lab, though.

I found this other discussion at https://github.com/CobaltWolf/Bluedog-Design-Bureau/issues/311. If the science formulas mentioned there are roughly correct, each 1 point change in researchTime affects lab processing speed by 10x. The stock lab uses a value of 7, and IMO any part that exceeds the 6 - 8 range would feel unbalanced.

Players who use science or career mode are overly rewarded by spamming Fortune labs because they are 100000x faster than Tomodachi. That's probably an oversight rather than a conscious design decision when you made the parts. Both modules look good and should be used, so what do you think about resetting both labs to researchTime = 7 for closer balance against the stock lab?

Thanks for listening, and thanks for making great mods.

16 hours ago, Karii2145 said:

Hi, @Lil_Bread402.

I was just wondering where I can download your fork of HabTech2? I've looked around, but have found no obvious folder to download.

Thanks.

On 6/18/2023 at 10:04 PM, Lil_Bread402 said:

for anyone who wants to try out the freedom truss. A link to my fork of Habtech with the link can be found here. Obviously it's still in development. but if you want to use them right now you can.

@Lil_Bread402Are there any dockingports for the truss?

Edited by Cheesecake

16 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

@Lil_Bread402Are there any dockingports for the truss?

No they're built on orbit via EVA construction.

On 9/4/2023 at 9:55 AM, Karii2145 said:

I was just wondering where I can download your fork of HabTech2? I've looked around, but have found no obvious folder to download.

https://github.com/LilBread402/HabTech2

• 4 weeks later...

As for other parts, Tantares for the russian parts, Boring Crew Services for the Starliner and presumably Tundra Exploration for Dragon 2. I think there's also quite a few Conformal Decals there, too. As for visual mods, I would suspect the usuals; EVE, Scatterer and TUFX, though I couldn't say what configs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...