9 hours ago, Mukita12 said:

also i'm trying to Install Medal of Honor Allied assault on my PC but i realised the DVD i had of the game only works with windows 7 so yeah 

I feel your pain.

I really needed a break from ksp, so right now I am buzzy with DOOM 2016, my goal to finish it on nightmare difficulty almost done it on 100% ultra violence vega terminal all is left. and it is a hard one even on UV sometimes but durable. but I can already see what will be on nightmare...

Finally got round to playing Factorio, just the demo though. I'll be buying the full game , but I've spent my videogames budget for July on Cities:Skylines expansions so it'll have to wait. For the time being, I'll see if I can make a vaguely logical factory with (so far as I can tell) no way for two belts carrying different stuff to cross over.

American Truck [Logistics Management Company] Simulator, in which I act like I'm management by sleeping in my truck at various motels while my fleet of drivers earn money for me so I can keep buying garages and hiring more drivers so they can earn even more money while I drift from motel to motel while my fleet of drivers earn yet more mad amounts of money for me so I can..... Sleep. American Truck [and Motel Sleeping] Simulator.

Sleeping on the job. Capitalism at its finest. 

Recently bought a Switch, so have been puttings some time in on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Monster Boy.

Really should look at the stack (physical or Steam) of a dozen games or so that I've not installed yet too.

Edited by purpleivan

steam summer sale on now i think. 

I just bought the microsoft RTS bundle for 40AUs ( like 240AUs of value ^.^!)

i mainly wanted Age of Empires 3 but it also had Halo Wars which i haven played yet but loved Halo (and a heap of other games that ill probably never play lol)

20 hours ago, lapis said:

Hearts of iron 4(A game which is very enjoyable)

Too much so. I put ~300 hours into it the first week it came out. Or at least it felt like a week, because between work and HOI4 I think I only slept seven times. 

I rather like how they backported the shipbuilding from Stellaris to HOI4. 

Lately I've been playing Touhou: Luna Nights. It's a short little metroidvania with fun gimmicks and great boss fights, and I just love how ridiculous it is when you take a few steps back.

Also, yesterday I finally got DOOM for pc. I'd tried playing the SNES version, and that port is truly inferior.

I just picked up Return to Castle Wolfenstein (and Wolf3d just for funsies though I'll probably never play it. It added $1.50 to the cost of Return, for a total of $3) and the two newer Wolfenstein games, The New Order and The Old Blood. I've always wanted to play them but never got around to it and they were just so cheap during the Steam Summer Sale. Then maybe next year I'll pick up Wolf 2, if I get through them all.

The original Wolf 3D is the first game I completed on what we called IBM Clones back then.

Edited by 5thHorseman

On 6/28/2019 at 9:58 PM, cantab said:

but I've spent my videogames budget for July on Cities:Skylines expansions so it'll have to wait

Not an unusual situation given their considerable quantity.

On 6/30/2019 at 2:16 AM, lapis said:

Hearts of iron 4(A game which is very enjoyable)

I still have Stellaris and C:S on the distant backburner.

Gotta accept some free hugs first:

guzrpbfmekw1.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 9:56 PM, Shpaget said:

Years ago I played Aurora 4x for a short while. Never left the Sol. Now I made my first visit to a neighboring system. I jumped a small geo survey ship, no active sensors. A few months later I get a message. Something about nuclear explosion and ship systems failing.

I guess I should have expected something like that to occur in a system called Wolf 359.

I have only just discovered Aurora 4X myself (from a Steam post about Distant worlds) and it has taken over a week of reading the wiki etc to learn how to play it and I am still a noob. No wonder they call it the Dwarf Fortress of 4X !

Made my first jump today, with lots of engineering bays, just in case. 

Help I'm addicted to Hollow knight 

Wow that game is surprising hard and amazing (I freaking got 6 hours in it in a DAY)

I'm currently a bit stuck but I'm sure il get out of it tomorrow

Oh and I have been playing Mario+rabbit kindom battle today as well(yes I spent all day with my switch)

I really didn't expect the combat in this game to be strategic but it still so fun(thought that I'm horrible in RPG's so I'm probably going to get stuck at any moment)

Now that that's out of the way..

Can someone help me with my addiction?:P

HOI4, just started a new 1936 playthrough as Australia. My PC isn't too old so it can run the game which is good, but around 1941-2 the game stutters so much and has extreme frame drops, so it's nigh unplayable. I mean, how am I supposed to conquer Africa as Ethiopia if I get 7fps when unpausing and freezing every 10 seconds!

I've also been playing a bit of Crusader Kings II with my friend, which is very fun (King Mumu 'Son of Lucifer' of Eire has decided it is time for Pope Alexander II to leave this world)

A bit of Game Dev Tycoon too, got my first ever good reviews (it only took me a couple of hours).

Also got Far Cry 2 on the PC, so much easier to aim. Installing a mod that removes the grey filter the game has, now it looks truly beautiful. Unfortunately I get only around 20fps, but i'm used to low framerates so that's fine