Thread to complain bout stuff

Spacetraindriver

It was a very stressful and anxiety-filled situation. I even left the room to get away and calm down again (didn't work). The jump from this to completely losing it really wasn't that large.

3 minutes ago, LordFerret said:

From your description, so do atrial fib or arrhythmia.

Or asthma. I went for years with shortness of breath thinking I was just out of shape. Turned out I had a massive aortic aneurysm and was on the brink of death.

Just now, Delay said:

It was a very stressful and anxiety-filled situation. I even left the room to get away and calm down again (didn't work). The jump from this to completely losing it really wasn't that large.

Entirely possible. But if I were you I would eliminate the other possibilities rather than self-diagnose.

4 minutes ago, Delay said:

Stress and anxiety can compound either of those ailments.

You should consider your experience a warning, your body is trying to tell you something - listen to it.  Go get a medical evaluation.

Getting dental fillings today. Being the anasthetic resistant freak that I am, I had them pump a little extra in. I can't feel most of my face and it's so numb it hurts. I hate having a low pain tolerance. There isn't even laughing gas so I can't post a stupid video of me :(

On 3/30/2019 at 12:22 AM, DAL59 said:

Why is it practically impossible to record internal audio on a mac, something which is A BASIC FEATURE A COMPUTER SHOULD HAVE OR AT LEAST SUPPORT.  However, there IS NOT ONE FREE COMPUTER PROGRAM THAT LETS YOU DO IT EVEN.  I'm beginning to think macs are bad, but then I remember windows 10 which is buggy spyware that force downloads things.  Why does every operating system suck

I use software called Soundflower

Ninjad by @steve_v 

I need to not neglect this thread for an entire week... 

Edited by richfiles

On 3/27/2019 at 4:47 PM, Barzon Kerman said:

Can you not go "visit" him. He is part of your family after all! ;) 

If you look at Missouri and the England portion of the UK, they are very close to the same height, with Missouri being a small bit wider... We got 50 of 'em! there's 5-6 states west of Missouri, and they're all bigger than Missouri. Estimating a 45 minute trip north of Branson, to SpaceX, then even relying on interstate highways (which allow higher top legal speeds), it'd be a 1640 mile (2640 km) trip, and be 24 hours in actual drive time. 'Murrica is "yuge!" :cool:

29 minutes ago, razark said:

Pssh!

That's not that far!  It's only seven inches!

Even less on mobile! Something like 3 cm! 

I just saw the trailer for the *new* Hellboy movie (and realized what's going on). <_<

No way in hell can Hellboy be anyone but Ron Perlman. :angry:

And especially so without Guillermo del Toro behind the wheel.

In my school days I studied a foreign language, English.
(They said it's the Cambridge dialect, so I guess they speak in Cambridge with a thick South Russian (and sometimes Caucasian) accent.)

Now my nephew studies two foreign languages: English and French. And he omits sounds in English words like if they are French.
Probably, it's now the Québécois dialect.

Edited by kerbiloid

Most melodicas have tubes you blow into while you play them, but melodica sopranos you have to blow into directly so its very hard to play chords because of the angles of the fingers and being unable to put it down and play it like a piano.

I installed, like, a dozen power outlets yesterday. All were too high off the ground to do sitting, but too low to do standing, so I stood and stooped the whole time.

Then today while turning to say something to someone, I pulled my back.

I applied for an internship in a CFD company. I have a good resume, I have done several CFD projects. I waited for their mails.

Yesterday evening, they called me in the evening, for a telephonic interview. I could not receive it. I tried calling them back, several times , but the number would always be busy. 

Today, I contacted the professor who was responsible for arranging this company's internship drive and told him about it. He said, nonchalantly, "Can't fault them, they did call you twice, hun."

And I lost it. I have never shouted at a man 25 years my senior. But today I did.

"They called at 5:12 PM, That's not working hours, HUN! They called me the next time at 5:13 PM. If I didn't pick up at 5:12, how the heck would I pick up at 5:13, HUN! There was no email from this company about this interview, heck they haven't even detailed the payment and other information, what about that, HUN!??!!!!!"

I think I burnt a few bridges today... I am sad.. :( sad and stupid...

Woke up this morning and got myself a gun (oh whoops I’m not a Soprano) and my lower back was killing me. Must have slept wrong. Took Advil and rubbed Voltaren on it and went to work anyways. Took more Advil when I got there, (about two hours after the first. Only lasted about 90 minutes before I gave up and went home, er, to the clinic which is already packed. So here I sit. Advil finally took the edge  off so this feels sort of redundant...

Shoulda just stayed home and saved the ~$10 in gas...

Edited by StrandedonEarth

So, I just found out that the cable of my bedside lamp was severely bitten on... most definitely by my rabbit.

Given I don't know how long ago this was I'm very worried about her. I don't know what might happen, she may even die because of it?

All I know for sure is that copper is not on the list of things she should eat.

Edited by Delay

1 hour ago, Delay said:

So, I just found out that the cable of my bedside lamp was severely bitten on... most definitely by my rabbit.

Ours chewed on cables a bunch and lived for quite a while.

Its definitely not the best for her,  but I don't think she's gonna die soon.....

Oh so you want complaints,OK... how about this: KSP forum is excessively regulated, and it has become a pile of rules, just a pile of rules.. Now do I have to get every chapter of my mission report checked by a moderator???? I guess I will just post what I do in the WDYDIKSP thread.

Those were non complaints, sure, but they were assurances and acknowledgements. Something I sorely needed as a sad person! I am still sad, and I looked for those assurances and they were gone! Now I am sad AND angry!!!!

If other forums are like a post apocalyptic dystopia, this forum is like that highly regulated perfect utopia which, despite its good intentions will one day go burning in hell!

Will you remove this post because I used the word 'hell'? I will be waiting for that moment and when it arrives, good bye KSP forum!!:mad: I have burnt plenty of bridges why not this one as well?

1 hour ago, Nivee~ said:

I have burnt plenty of bridges why not this one as well?

whoa there chill a bit, burning brides is not a good hobby.

I mean, yes there are rules here but as somebody will probably explain better than me, its not as if the KSP forum is excessively regulated. Most of the rules put in place are put there (I think I read this a while ago) to promote better discourse or something and prioritize a less than poisonous area for discussion, hence the heavy restrictions on things like political or religious ideological discussion. I don't think that you will have to have all of your chapters of your mission report checked by a mod. Stuff like removing discussion that are too big and irrelevant is to help threads.. remain relevant or so, or continue the discussion as the thread intended (for the most part). A mod should probably better explain this than some random person with a keyboard.

Can agree though, maybe a bit trigger happy with post removal here on this last purge of posts.

Also, I'm sure there are more than a number of people here on these forums happy to talk if you want/need.

random complaint to keep relevant-ish - I have a knife (that i found for free sometime ago) and the tip is totally broken. Like snapped off completely. I dont think the steel is particularly great.

2 hours ago, Nivee~ said:

I have burnt plenty of bridges why not this one as well?

It's your prerogative.

I genuinely think that a winding conversation is better than nothing. Discussing a topic is a side effect of complaining - if this was just filled with complaints without any resolve, you might as well be the low-paid customer service they often hire at various companies.

So yeah. This topic is geared to be a low-paid customer service ? Wake up sheeple, you can do better !