So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

I'm a huge fan of Cirque du Soleil, to the point to collect the DVDs on the good times.

All the shows are magnificent, but IMHO the best OST of all of them is Alegría - by a mile! :)

So, I'm going through the dank memes thread on another board I frequent with Thing #2, and this one pops up:

KGoUueW.jpg

And he's all, "Wait, those are actually bands?"

1fg6ld.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=21ff3eb599654cd895f879c2edceac8bd84d6497fc6f629ad4dfbc31432bcb7a&ipo=images

Which of course lead immediately to the 90s-Band-YouTube-Rabbit-Hole. (FOO FIGHTERS!)

My wife was all, "OH! Offspring! I remember them!" She searches and plays this:

th?id=OIP.NsIKKY-h_NVoQUiPjyl2iQHaFj%26p

I'm all, "That is not Offspring! This is Offspring!"

So now, to make a long story tedious, I've had this stuck in my head for the last two days:

On 7/8/2023 at 2:08 PM, TheSaint said:

So, I'm going through the dank memes thread on another board I frequent with Thing #2, and this one pops up:

I am so glad my "era" of music ended before that chart was made. I didn't like '90s music then, and I still don't.

However, with the topic of the OP being "What song is stuck in your head today," I'd have to go with this one...

On 7/15/2023 at 8:12 PM, tater said:

I'm sure I posted this before, but it popped up on YT a couple days ago, and I've watched it a few times now, it doesn't get old.

Wow.

Wow is right. I knew Prince was a good musician, but I had no idea he could play like that, if only because I never actually watched him play

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Wow is right. I knew Prince was a good musician, but I had no idea he could play like that, if only because I never actually watched him play

He was so incredibly talented, what a loss.

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Me either. I knew he was good, but this video proved just how good he was.

Just now, tater said:

He was so incredibly talented, what a loss.

X2 on that.

34 minutes ago, Chemp said:

That song was on the first CD I  ever bought!

That ages me. The very first album I bought was on vinyl. An actual album. Here's a picture of the cover:

38c469623f587575b62a8dc399969d03.jpg

And my favorite song on that album from all those years ago? (Don't laugh, @Just Jim!) I heard it on SiriusXM yesterday and had to pull out the CDs. I can already see many on the forum cringing already... :cool:

3 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Oh. First album I ever bought? With my own money? Wasn't on vinyl, it was on cassette tape.

I have that one, too. But on vinyl. Good album. Did you ever have They Nylon Curtain?

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

I have that one, too. But on vinyl. Good album. Did you ever have They Nylon Curtain?

A better question is, "Does 'The Nylon Curtain' still occasionally make it into the rotation in the CD case in the truck?" Answer is, "Yes." ;)

3 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

That ages me. The very first album I bought was on vinyl. An actual album. Here's a picture of the cover:

38c469623f587575b62a8dc399969d03.jpg

And my favorite song on that album from all those years ago? (Don't laugh, @Just Jim!) I heard it on SiriusXM yesterday and had to pull out the CDs. I can already see many on the forum cringing already... :cool:

hehehe

OK, since we're going there. the first album I ever bought (with my own money) was the immortal "A Night at the Opera"

A Night at the Opera (Queen album) - Wikipedia

But after listening to it a few times my favorite song was not Bohemian Rhapsody.

It was this tragic little gem.
Bonus points to anyone that knows what it is really about. (without googling it)