So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

I went to the Daddy-Daughter dance with Thing #3 tonight. It was awesome, I love spending time with my kids one-on-one.

At one point the DJ spun up Don't Stop Believing, and everyone on the dance floor starting singing it. Because, let's be fair, it's one of the most popular songs ever written. But there was a little part of me that wanted to throw down. "Okay, all you Millennial Johnny-Come-Lately's! You're only allowed to sing this song if you bought Escape on cassette tape the week it was released because you thought Departures was a kick-ass album!"

3ad.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=9fa17ccd723fb8b7f16aaad52e546297f158a45af39f9bcae1adf999036acff9&ipo=images

Anyway, so now I have this stuck in my head. Enjoy the music of my youth once again.

So, it's the start of the graduation season, and a lot of Thing #1's friends are graduating this year. He went to his first graduation party this afternoon, at which his friend announced that she will be attending GCU this fall to major in theater. This was the first thing that popped into my head.

12 hours ago, TheSaint said:

So, it's the start of the graduation season, and a lot of Thing #1's friends are graduating this year. He went to his first graduation party this afternoon, at which his friend announced that she will be attending GCU this fall to major in theater. This was the first thing that popped into my head.

We don't see enough of Al here on the forums :)

I am digging really, really deep for this gem.
I am a (very proud) child of the 60's, and I first heard this when I was... IDK... 8-9 years old???
Then I had the greatest Deja-vu moment when I re-discovered it in the late '90's.
They were so influential, but are so forgotten and unknown now... it's a shame.
This is a band called Love  
Enjoy:

On 5/6/2023 at 9:11 AM, Just Jim said:

I am digging really, really deep for this gem.
I am a (very proud) child of the 60's, and I first heard this when I was... IDK... 8-9 years old???
Then I had the greatest Deja-vu moment when I re-discovered it in the late '90's.
They were so influential, but are so forgotten and unknown now... it's a shame.
This is a band called Love  
Enjoy:

"Forgotten and unknown now..." You're not kidding. I'd never heard of them, and the song was not at all familiar to me, although to me ti certainly had a Beatles influence. So a little wiki and I came across a title that did seem familiar. Totally different from what you posted, and it's been covered many times, which is how I recognized it...

On 5/3/2023 at 7:56 PM, Ben J. Kerman said:

Ok, hear me out... ignore the lyrics and message for a second and listen to this amazing song.

Also Song of the Volga Boatmen and Preußens Gloria, both also great songs

This one is well-written, even though I don't believe communism works, and don't speak Korean. One of my favorite YT channels, BTW.

11 minutes ago, LHACK4142 said:

Over the course of of 6 months I have become a massive metal fan.

It appears that music has an odd ability to permiate our subconcious, keeping us coming back for more :D

Edited by AtomicTech

On 5/15/2023 at 8:19 PM, LHACK4142 said:

Over the course of of 6 months I have become a massive metal fan.

This is one of the rare instances where I like the cover even better: 

And my favorite Metallica song, for unprintable reasons: