Universal Storage II [1.3.1 and 1.4.5 - 1.7.0]

Paul Kingtiger

Hi! I'm new to the forum.

I'm using Kerbalism and I'm having problems with fairings with solar panel. When ship is loaded they work fine but Kerbalism simulate EC even when ships are not loaded and when they're not loaded the stop generating power. Is this a known issue or am I missing something? I know Kerbalism has few soft compatibility issues and I don't expect everything to work correctly.

Thank you! Great work, great mod!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2023 at 3:00 PM, The Chaos ShoW said:

Hi! I'm new to the forum.

I'm using Kerbalism and I'm having problems with fairings with solar panel. When ship is loaded they work fine but Kerbalism simulate EC even when ships are not loaded and when they're not loaded the stop generating power. Is this a known issue or am I missing something? I know Kerbalism has few soft compatibility issues and I don't expect everything to work correctly.

Thank you! Great work, great mod!!

You need to contact the Kerbalism people, they modify things too  much for anyone else to support

On 6/23/2020 at 8:10 AM, Daishi said:

New Soyuz 1.25 -> 1.5m service module, adjustable to 1 - 4 high. Heights 2,3,4 have solar panels integrated into the doors. This also features the toroidal fuel tank, with fuel options. Four bay. Olive, white, grey, black themes.

Hello.

I really like the soyuz service module but its size doesn't quite fit the stock soviet parts in the game (KV1, KV2 and KV3 command pods).

Which parts from which mod are used in the quoted post (in the linked image)? I really would like to recreate a soyuz orbital module in right proportions.

Thx.

4 hours ago, kerbanauts said:

anyone know about "Cannot run experiment; Science module full" ?

I can't find solution about that :(.

Empty the science module :cool:- perhaps transmitting or recovering the science?

Seriously, you haven't provided much detail on your problem.  Which experiment are you attempting to run?  Have you run it already and are trying to re-run it?

3 hours ago, kerbanauts said:

After once I intereract with Goo or Material Bay or L-ALT Mapping camera, i can't do anything with this modules.

I hope I can help.

If I understand you correctly, you are running the USII Goo and Mat Bay wedges' science experiments (not the stock ones) successfully and then they don't respond at all to a right-click?  If so, please provide log files and screenshots of your GameData folder and a situation in KSP where you are experiencing the problem (see the topic linked in my sig block for guidance on how to do this or ask here).

Standard behaviour for these experiments is that they collect science only once, after which you have to:

1. transmit the science then use a Scientist Kerbal on EVA to reset the experiment, after which it can collect more science from another biome (collecting from the same biome won't get you any more science points); or
  2. recover the experiment on return to Kerbin (the experiment will not collect more science in the meantime).

If you understand and are doing this and still have a problem, have you tried removing and reinstalling the US II mod?  How do you install mods - manually or with CKAN?  Do you have the mod's dependencies installed?

I'm not sure why but having the advanced sub satellite in my craft breaks stock delta-v calculations as well as mechjeb's(KER works okay). It affects nothing else since I'm still able to do burns and maneuvers but the dv readout says zero so it doesn't show me an accurate maneuver overview. I'm aware the magnetometer experiment is from dmagic orbital science which i don't have installed so could it be from that?

Spoiler

[ERR 13:24:05.910] Module USSolarSwitch threw during OnStart: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.OnStart (PartModule+StartState state) [0x0003e] in <c4310b867a604c848d401ddd61043520>:0
  at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00120] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0

[LOG 13:24:05.910] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[ERR 13:24:05.913] Could not find the pivotName, Pivot, in heirarchy

[LOG 13:24:05.922] [PartSet]: Failed to add Resource -1483389306 to Simulation PartSet:1 as corresponding Part Universal Storage: Advanced Sub-Satellite-4206829699 SimulationResource was not found.
[LOG 13:24:05.922] [PartSet]: Failed to add Resource -1483389306 to Simulation PartSet:1 as corresponding Part Universal Storage: Advanced Sub-Satellite-4206829699 SimulationResource was not found.
[LOG 13:24:05.922] [PartSet]: Failed to add Resource -1154601244 to Simulation PartSet:1 as corresponding Part Universal Storage: Advanced Sub-Satellite-4206829699 SimulationResource was not found.
[LOG 13:24:05.922] [PartSet]: Failed to add Resource -1154601244 to Simulation PartSet:1 as corresponding Part Universal Storage: Advanced Sub-Satellite-4206829699 SimulationResource was not found.
[LOG 13:24:05.923] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 13:24:05.924] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 13:24:05.926] [MechJeb2] Loading Mechjeb 2.14.3
[LOG 13:24:05.937] ScaleModList: listSize 615 maxListSize 1559
[ERR 13:24:06.050] Module USSolarSwitch threw during OnStartFinished: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.UpdateSolarPanels () [0x00213] in <c4310b867a604c848d401ddd61043520>:0
  at UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.OnStartFinished (PartModule+StartState state) [0x00118] in <c4310b867a604c848d401ddd61043520>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Part.Part.ModulesOnStartFinished_Patch1(Part)

[LOG 13:24:06.051] [OhScrap]: Attempting to refresh part 4206829699
[LOG 13:24:06.052] [OhScrap]: Refreshed. New ID is 1133393582
[LOG 13:24:06.053] [EngineModuleWrapper] INFO: Stock Engine found on part USAdvancedMicroSatWedge, engine USAdvancedMicroSatWedge!
[ERR 13:24:06.078] Exception handling event onUSSwitch in class USSolarSwitch:System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.UpdateSolarPanels () [0x00213] in <c4310b867a604c848d401ddd61043520>:0
  at UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.onSwitch (System.Int32 index, System.Int32 selection, Part p) [0x0004f] in <c4310b867a604c848d401ddd61043520>:0
  at EventData`3[T,U,V].Fire (T data0, U data1, V data2) [0x000b0] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0

[EXC 13:24:06.079] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.UpdateSolarPanels () (at <c4310b867a604c848d401ddd61043520>:0)
    UniversalStorage2.USSolarSwitch.onSwitch (System.Int32 index, System.Int32 selection, Part p) (at <c4310b867a604c848d401ddd61043520>:0)
    EventData`3[T,U,V].Fire (T data0, U data1, V data2) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`3:Fire(Int32, Int32, Part)
    UniversalStorage2.USSwitchControl:Switch()
    UniversalStorage2.<WaitForStart>c__Iterator0:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[LOG 13:24:06.081] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 13:24:06.083] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 13:24:06.083] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 13:24:06.088] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0

Hi there, came back to KSP after a long time and started up a modded career with this mod included.

The above log excerpt started upon selecting the "advanced sub-satellite" in the vab and attaching it to a command pod, the log then continues to throw errors continuously.

This is on the both the latest version of the mod (4.0.0.8) and latest KSP.  Happy to provide any more info if needed. (unsure as to what else would help at this moment)

On 3/4/2023 at 11:48 AM, kerbanauts said:

anyone know about "Cannot run experiment; Science module full" ?

I can't find solution about that :(.

I also just had this problem. A scientist on EVA was not able to empty the module. I'm using science alert, I'll try manual activation and see if that has the same problem.

Update: 

I've done some bug hunting and it looks like universal storage II science parts can enter a state where

• the science part is empty (no experiments)
  • it is "deployed" i.e. used, full, as far as USII is concerned, and therefore inoperable
  • Any data that was stored internally is discarded/lost

KSP Log File

Persistent.sfs

Opening the attached persistent.sfs and searching for "USMatBayWedge" will show the first affected part. It seems to be related to manually removing data from a science part while on EVA. Actions from auto-science mods (science alert, [x] science) may be creating conditions for this to occur. I'll have to test again tomorrow, but sciencealert (for example) does not set the module to this state, only USII does - the source of the issue is likely USII's custom implementation of ModuleScienceExperiment (USAdvancedScience). 

Update to this issue in the thread above. Auto-science mods (sciencealert, [x] science, potentially others) are allowing science experiments to be run in modules that should be deployed first. The player can't normally do this so the part is entering a state it shouldn't; it becomes 'full' of science, shows as deployed/locked, and no further experiments are run. Unfortunately, as it's not deployed when this happens, it can't be emptied either, and the experiment isn't stored as well (it's lost/destroyed). Workaround is to deploy the science parts manually before running any science.  Never mind - I wouldn't use sciencealert/[x]science for these parts for now.

Edited by Kielm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I'm getting a lot of these spammed in the log when I use the VAB search bar.

Spoiler

[LOG 00:15:23.870] [Universal_Storage] USCostSwitch.GetModuleMass,  CurrentSelection: 0
[LOG 00:15:23.870] [Universal_Storage] USCostSwitch.GetModuleMass,  CurrentSelection: 0
[LOG 00:15:23.871] [Universal_Storage] USCostSwitch.GetModuleMass,  CurrentSelection: 0
[LOG 00:15:23.871] [Universal_Storage] USCostSwitch.GetModuleMass,  CurrentSelection: 0

KSP.log

@UltraJohnthis is in conjunction with KSP Recall see my report here

@linuxgurugamer can yoiu have please a ´look at this as @Lisias this may be caused by the USII mod

Original Message from  ksp Recall Thread:

hi @Lisias, i was a while off playing KSP.  started last we and found a little bug in your latest release 4.0

have "Universal Storage II"and "KSP Recall" installed

build a new craft using Universal Storage: Four Bay Service Core OR Advanced Sub Satellite.

open the Console and you will see spamming messages like

[LOG 23:29:50.011] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 23:29:50.011] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 23:29:50.027] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0
[LOG 23:29:50.027] [Universal_Storage] USSolarSwitch.GetModuleMass, SolarCellMass: 0

full log here https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am0PDmGqv17_irpjdcQO5-GIXTNoBw?e=kJrfqy

reverting ksp recall to previous version doesn't trigger those spam messages

Edited by GoAHead

On 6/15/2022 at 7:27 PM, jlcarneiro said:

Man, I didn't know @linuxgurugamer had adopted this mod (I still install mods manually, silly me!), it is INCREDIBLE! There are even microsats?! I haven't found them yet (I play career) but I'm looking forward to!

THANKS!

But... I think I may have found a glitch: since mod's version 1.9.1 (yeah, I was that behind) I had a ship with a Tapered Fairing (0.625m to 1.25m) set to "Wedge bracket" and with internal solar panels. The panels now are gone! They appear fine in the VAB but, when I reload the craft (even a simple one with only that part) the panels are gone and it doesn't matter if I toggle Solar Panels again, they only show up when I delete that part and select a new tapered fairing.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm having the same issue as this individual was. Was there ever any resolution found for this?

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask what's the story behind the "Vandist" patches added in the final commit for version 4.0.0.8? There's no documentation of this change anywhere (neither the release notes nor this forum thread), so I ended up learning that all the US2 tanks had been nerfed the hard way. ;.;

I won't deny that the original parts were OP, but can we please have some warning of changes like this? I use US2 parts extensively, and it's a bit frustrating to have my spacecraft specs changing out from under me.

Edited by Starstrider42

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2023 at 7:00 PM, GoAHead said:

@UltraJohnthis is in conjunction with KSP Recall see my report here

@linuxgurugamer can yoiu have please a ´look at this as @Lisias this may be caused by the USII mod

Original Message from  ksp Recall Thread:

hi @Lisias, i was a while off playing KSP.  started last we and found a little bug in your latest release 4.0

have "Universal Storage II"and "KSP Recall" installed

build a new craft using Universal Storage: Four Bay Service Core OR Advanced Sub Satellite.

open the Console and you will see spamming messages like

full log here https://1drv.ms/f/s!Am0PDmGqv17_irpjdcQO5-GIXTNoBw?e=kJrfqy

reverting ksp recall to previous version doesn't trigger those spam messages

This is a KSP Recall issue, contact @Lisias about it, please

Edit:  I just read @lisias's response, I'll get this fixed in a few minutes

On 4/16/2023 at 7:47 PM, Starstrider42 said:

Can I ask what's the story behind the "Vandist" patches added in the final commit for version 4.0.0.8? There's no documentation of this change anywhere (neither the release notes nor this forum thread), so I ended up learning that all the US2 tanks had been nerfed the hard way. ;.;

I won't deny that the original parts were OP, but can we please have some warning of changes like this? I use US2 parts extensively, and it's a bit frustrating to have my spacecraft specs changing out from under me.

What "Vandist patches" are  you referring to?  I try to make sure that the release notes list all changes, and I don't see any merges from "vandist"

New release, 4.0.1

• Thanks to github user @Grimmas for this:
    • fix wrong usage mask (L-ALT experiment has bad crew requirements)
  • Thanks to github user @Starstrider42 for this:
    • Bring Octo CLS switcher in line with main type switch
  • Thanks to githubuser @barak1001 for these fixes
    • Fixed Advance Satellite's solar panels
    • Update GUI a bit

Edited by linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What "Vandist patches" are  you referring to?  I try to make sure that the release notes list all changes, and I don't see any merges from "vandist"

I'm referring to the files in GameData/UniversalStorage2/Vandist, which first appear in release 4.0.0.8 (and are also present in 4.0.1). As you say, they don't seem to have been merged from anywhere; they're added directly in commit 11ada53, "Updated version & changelog".

Edited by Starstrider42

On 4/30/2023 at 11:22 PM, Starstrider42 said:

I'm referring to the files in GameData/UniversalStorage2/Vandist, which first appear in release 4.0.0.8 (and are also present in 4.0.1). As you say, they don't seem to have been merged from anywhere; they're added directly in commit 11ada53, "Updated version & changelog".

Oh, those.  Sorry, I try to add all notes.  I can only think that either someone sent them to me (I can't find any reference) or contacted me somehow and I added them, but forgot to add a comment in the release notes

Running into this odd issue on the USAerozineWedge:

[PartSet]: Failed to add Resource -1483389306 to Simulation PartSet:3 as corresponding Part Universal Storage: Fuel Tank-3523687437 SimulationResource was not found.

I thought it was maybe something in my heavy mod list so I grabbed a fresh copy of the game and just added Near Future stuff and US stuff. Still run into the issue and oddly it is for anything other than the base fuel. So LFO is fine, but LF, LH, LHO etc. all don't work.

Logs here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b0ypnxj7x1pw3jr/Kerbal Space Program.zip?dl=0

Edit: I've narrowed the issue down to the patch. NerteaCryo.cfg seems to not be working quite right. I installed just US2 and Cryotanks (plus core) and it immediately gives the above issue.

Edited by Nori