KSP2 Hype Train Thread

10 hours ago, Malathion said:

I've been trying to figure this out for weeks now.  The Private Division store countdown says 8 days, which is actually the 23rd.  That leads me to believe it's going to release at midnight or basically "zero hour" on the 24th.  Total speculation and maybe optimism on my part, but I would sure like to find out so I can decide if I'm taking the 24th off of work or not. 

https://store.privatedivision.com/game/kerbal-space-program-2

(I'm 52 years old and haven't been this excited about a video game, well since ...... Ultima V :blush:)

Private Division headquarters is in nyc  so i am going to guess its going to be eastern time.   unless there going off intercept games  and that is in seattle so it be pst 

6 hours ago, Hutsul228 said:

Ultima ? ....

You can officially call yourself a founding father of gamers. 7VjO1tv_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

My very first PC game was Ultima VII. One hell of a game. The npc interactions were unmatched for at least a decade, and I loved the lore.

But now it's time for a new era of games :-) 

We have waited a long time for this, I know a  lot of folks have a lot of fears over what they have done, but I am still very hopeful, 

Looking forward to early access.

I am going to look at the first iteration on the 24th as a test of systems, try out the new components, the new VAB systems., get familiar with the new UI. Report back to the Devs on issues. 

I think we are in good hands, I remember the first videos about Nate, and was quite pleased with who was in charge, then particularly excited when they brought the Squad team over.

57 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

Hopefully we'll see something from the content creators starting tomorrow (Friday).

I doubt the CC will have even hinted they'd seen the game if they were forbidden from talking about it until Launch Day.

9 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

We have waited a long time for this, I know a  lot of folks have a lot of fears over what they have done, but I am still very hopeful, 

One thing that occurs to me: Every game of the last ten years that's been a massive disappointment? They didn't let anyone see anything. If they're taking the KSP equivalent of 'influencers' and giving them time to explore, there must be some confidence behind that. 

9 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

I think we are in good hands, I remember the first videos about Nate, and was quite pleased with who was in charge, then particularly excited when they brought the Squad team over.

If we do see sneak peeks from the Content Creators, then listen for the enthusiasm. If it's there, that'll be more encouraging than anything get get from a cinematic trailer.

16 minutes ago, stephensmat said:
1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

I doubt the CC will have even hinted they'd seen the game if they were forbidden from talking about it until Launch Day

I love the forum software, so easy to manage on the phone, look at this glorious quote

But to the point, with most game releases these days is that some get early access some time before release, but there's a review embargo until very few days before day 0. Then in most cases they can talk, but not show. So I wouldn't expect any footage until release unless it's official.

5 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I love the forum software, so easy to manage on the phone, look at this glorious quote

But to the point, with most game releases these days is that some get early access some time before release, but there's a review embargo until very few days before day 0. Then in most cases they can talk, but not show. So I wouldn't expect any footage until release unless it's official.

Yeah, they really need to make this forum more phone friendly. For some reason, my phone loves to just highlight everything when I'm trying to type a message and kick me out of the keyboard... 

Anywho.... For KSP 1 ,CCs would get early access to updates and be able to show footage and not just talk about it. Hopefully Intercept carries over that tradition. I'm sure Nate would want to continue that tradition and would lobby for it from TT or PE or the heads at IG.

1 hour ago, stephensmat said:

One thing that occurs to me: Every game of the last ten years that's been a massive disappointment? They didn't let anyone see anything. If they're taking the KSP equivalent of 'influencers' and giving them time to explore, there must be some confidence behind that. 

Yes... I am actually expecting to be disappointed tomorrow with a game I have waited a long time for. :)

But I do have higher hopes for KSP 2

47 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Playing KSP still high on sedation drugs, hmmmm....

I wonder what cursed/blursed/blessed rockets one could make when they're loopy from the after affects. 

Edited by GoldForest

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

8 Days, 8 hours and 54 mins to go!

Hopefully we'll see something from the content creators starting tomorrow (Friday).

Don't bet on it. A post on Reddit that felt pretty legit said that the embargo will be lifted on February 20.

21 minutes ago, Astr0Guy5 said:

Think we'll get a little something today or are they holding out for tomorrow/Monday?  Hopefully system specs tomorrow considering it'll be a week from release.

We're supposed to be getting something tomorrow, according to folks around here that try to keep up with the Discord. 

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

I wonder what cursed/blursed/blessed rockets one could make when they're loopy from the after affects. 

hahaHhHAHAHAHAHAH:confused:

How about a ship that ejects kerbals? just straight fires them out of the top. fun to make, but i had to hire a LOT of kerbals.

This is the same day that I found out that kerbals being ejected creates a teensy-weensy amount of force. It went down hill from there....