KSP2 Hype Train Thread

6 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I wonder why KSP deleted that image. Could it be that it had a spoiler in it? :P

Jokes aside, I do seriously wonder what we weren't supposed to see. Was it something of ESA's that was shown or something of KSP 2 that was shown? 

I guess it was a maketing stunt to viralize the photo and the kps event.

15 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:
15 hours ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

The thing for me is, as long as I'm able to enable/disable/tweak every single performance-intensive setting, I'm happy, because it's starting to feel like my 1060 is going to struggle big time...

Your 1060 is going to be fine. Programs like SpaceEngine and MSFS run with a playable framerate on my 1050.

Completely agree, ive played MSFS in VR on a 1060.

After 169 pages of hype, I need to ask about the most concerning and deal breaking issue the entire community might face upon having our first hands experience with KSP2.

One which would grant an instant refund.

WILL THERE BE A MOHOLE?!?! 

Edited by MARL_Mk1

Yeah, probably more of a natural geological formation (and somewhere to get some science from), rather than terrain glitch that was kept there.

But good luck finding the source in one of the countless posts, interviews and videos..

5 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Yeah, probably more of a natural geological formation (and somewhere to get some science from), rather than terrain glitch that was kept there.

But good luck finding the source in one of the countless posts, interviews and videos..

I don't know of any "natural geological formation" that creates a hole to the core of a planet, but anything is possible in the universe. I mean, iron rain, diamond rain, etc.

Edited by GoldForest

10 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

It's "only" just less than 5km deep.

With that said, I admit I've never been there, despite doing multiple landings on Moho.

I guess a really high speed impact can cause a hole that deep. But, that's like, really high speed. A low percentage of C I would think. 

And a tiny object. Like pebble sized or baseball sized.

Edited by GoldForest

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

I guess a really high speed impact can cause a hole that deep. But, that's like, really high speed. A low percentage of C I would think. 

And a tiny object. Like pebble sized or baseball sized.

No, it wouldn't matter. The amount of energy needed to make such a hole would simply cause a massive crater regardless of the size of the object.

14 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

No, it wouldn't matter. The amount of energy needed to make such a hole would simply cause a massive crater regardless of the size of the object.

That's very true. Still,

1 hour ago, TLTay said:

You know they can't not have one. 

2 hours ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

After 169 pages of hype, I need to ask about the most concerning and deal breaking issue the entire community might face upon having our first hands experience with KSP2.

One which would grant an instant refund.

WILL THERE BE A MOHOLE?!?! 

without a doubt this will stay, if not even shown already as a sneakpeak

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I don't know of any "natural geological formation" that creates a hole to the core of a planet

Spoiler

751ACB30-AF71-735F-9F2545B12E7E98D7.jpg?

I know that wasn't what you meant, but it was hard to resist. Sorry.

Edited by Missingno200
By the ways, fissure volcanoes do exist and they're effectively just ACTUAL holes in the ground that happen to spew magma. Didn't know until now. Neat!

8 hours ago, Missingno200 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

751ACB30-AF71-735F-9F2545B12E7E98D7.jpg?

I know that wasn't what you meant, but it was hard to resist. Sorry.

Good one lol

but in seriousness, volcanos don't go to the core. They just go to the mantle or a hot spot. 

Inb4 someone says just remove the mantle and outer core and you'll have your 'hole to the core.'

I wonder what reason they will give for the mohole's existence. There's nothing except high speed impact that I can think of that can possibly create that hole. Oh... except... maybe a high speed impact of something like the cigar asteroid? That was then pulled out of it by some unknown force? I don't know, just spit balling here. Maybe they'll change the mohole from a hole that goes to the core to a hole that goes all the way through the planet.... no wait, that wouldn't work, gravity should crush it back into a ball instead of keeping it a toroidal planet. 

Truly the only thing I can think of is either a very large cylinderal object or a very small very high speed object hitting the planet. As for why there's no traditional crater, the dust and debris could have filled it in. 

Well, we'll find out in 11 days, 11 hours and 40 minutes from now. 

As I see  us get closer and closer to the release of ksp2 early access, it has started to awaken some dormant memories of the hype trains of old. I have to admit, if this thread gets even a small part of the traction that those old hype trains had I think I'll be thoroughly entertained, and a bit nostalgic too.

15 minutes ago, Chibbob said:

The mohole is a sinkhole or something.

That is one possibility, though a little unlikely. 

Sinkholes require there to be voids in the ground, voids that are usually the result of water making a hole, filling it, then being drained, then the ground caving in because of the ceiling being unable to support itself. Sinkholes also look more like pits or craters rather than a straight down hole. Moho being so close to Kerbol, that's a little impossible. 

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Sinkholes require there to be voids in the ground, voids that are usually the result of water making a hole, filling it, then being drained, then the ground caving in because of the ceiling being unable to support itself. Sinkholes also look more like pits or craters rather than a straight down hole. Moho being so close to Kerbol, that's a little impossible. 

Do sinkholes require to have water? Could it be some other liquid?