KSP2 Hype Train Thread

I can't wait to crash an interstellar ship onto an atmosphere at 90% the speed of light ... :cool: I wonder if that's enough to invoke the Kraken ! BTW I hope they plan to add some relativistic effect ...

i wonder if we'll be able to park on a planet these huge ships ! It might be possible using XL or XXL legs. But LG legs might be perfect to make at least a replica of the expanse Rocinante ship.

Now that we know that the BIG new features won't be included in the Early Access version: What features that will be included in the EA version are you looking forward to the most?

For me (besides graphics):

• The coloured parts
  • The ring on this new planet called Dres

23 hours ago, obney kerman said:

The options for 3.75m command modules look pretty fun, it'll be good to have those for larger ships. Since we haven't seen the utility section yet, I'd guess that we're probably also getting a 3.75m equivalent to the hitchhiker, which I'm very excited to see.

Also, love the new look of the spaceplane cockpits!

The 16 man airplane cabin is the stock 3.75 meter crew module. 
As for 3.75 meter command modules we have the stock space shuttle cockpit, a short 3.75- 2.5 meter cabin I assume this is primary for space use like the landing can while the next has high tolerances for landing back on kerbin. Looks a bit like an dragon capsule with Gemini windows and cockpit.  The next is to blurry, I assume they are not set in stone yet. 
But first is an 3.5 meter inline cockpit, the rover cocpit we saw in the video and an 3.75 meter probe core.  The small probes are also blurred while the 1.25 and 2.5 is not. 

Now in the collection of images its also two x-large cockpits who I assume is 5 meter ones. 

Edited by magnemoe

2 hours ago, KSPLuster said:

@magnemoeSorry, the image that I used for those parts wasn't the best however I couldn't find any others showing those partsScreenshot-20221029-152614.png.

Get it, it was an composite of multiple images, I assumed it was one and parts was blurred on purpose as texture was not final.  
The 3.75 meter flat part looks weirder, the second part is an probe so its makes no sense its an second, my guess is an 3.75 meter version of the landing can but more designed for an bridge on an ship. 

21 hours ago, KSPLuster said:

Actually I can do landing legs/wheels as well.

Screenshot-20221028-200707.png

The medium wheel could the the bottom left, but feel more that its the new larger wheel seen in video. 
So its an lack of wheel variation, larger landing wheels and smaller rover ones. we got an larger landing leg however. 

24 minutes ago, LHACK4142 said:

Really? No bigger inline cockpit?

Think of the replica builders!

The composite image show X-large cockpits, not sure both are 5 meter, first might be 3.75 meter but over 7 high the second I assume is 5 meter and 4 meter tall. 
But here I think bridge is an better name than cockpit. 

10 hours ago, magnemoe said:

The 16 man airplane cabin is the stock 3.75 meter crew module. 

But this way, there can be a different cabin built for ships that don't want to have to alternate between blockier spaceplane parts and cylindrical 3.75m parts. No need for excessive adapters anymore!

Plus, just more diversity in crew module components is nice. It's good to have a middle ground between cabins seating 4 kerbs and cabins seating 16.

53 minutes ago, poopslayer78 said:

So I really like Enceladus and recently realized that Merbel is an icy moon around Glumo... really excited to see what surprises the devs hide on Merbel after interstellar/DebDeb are released.

Im personally really curious if theyll hide anything inside of the gas giants. 

13 hours ago, obney kerman said:

But this way, there can be a different cabin built for ships that don't want to have to alternate between blockier spaceplane parts and cylindrical 3.75m parts. No need for excessive adapters anymore!

Plus, just more diversity in crew module components is nice. It's good to have a middle ground between cabins seating 4 kerbs and cabins seating 16.

Pretty sure we get plenty of other crew cabins, I think I recognize stuff from Station Parts Expansion Redux within the KSP 2 items,it has 3.75 m 6 and 12 man crew modules with cabins and public areas for one. 

30 minutes ago, Missingno200 said:

I'm gonna guess that KSP2 is going to be around 40 bucks on EA, mostly because Steam's wishlist system is just outright broken and on occasion will sort by price for "Coming Soon" games by their currently registered price.

It has already been confirmed that early access will be $49.99; they stated as much in the video last week.