Hunting the 10,000 Pm SSTV signal

Nazalassa

50 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

Well, I only wanted to record the audio, not the video, so I set the video size to the bare minimum the app accepted.

Download mp3 file here: https://github.com/Nazalassa/Files/blob/main/KSP/Challenges/SecondSSTVsignal/SSTV_10000Pm.mp3

Also one more time, please note that the beep-boops are VERY FAINT and IN THE BACKGROUND. You'll probably have to listen to it several times before spotting them.

The ~ 15 seconds file I uploaded is the only part where the beep-bloops are not covered by the music.

Just checked the original music of KSP...
Ah yes, um, it appears that the majority of the beep-bloops are from the background music. My apologies.

However I'm SURE that that big "BIP" I heard just before (or after, can't remember) ISN'T in the musc. It just can't be.

Now the bad part of it is, I can't remember when it was :|

I'm going to retry the thing, and, this time, record the ship too!

Maybe retrying in KSP 1.0.5 wil be better -- IDK.

Distinctly heard a faint "bip" hmm.

Only a "bip", but the music was loud. How stupid was I not to turn off the music !!

Probably have to try with KSP reinstalled and a fresh save file. But that'll probably be for tomorrow, as I don't have enough time today (the Sun rises ans sets, and it's nearly night here).

Having some trouble to upload the video, github complains even if I use lfs.

1 hour ago, Akagi said:

Distinctly heard a faint "bip" hmm.

There was no signal. It was just sound effects from the music.

1 hour ago, Nazalassa said:

Having some trouble to upload the video, github complains even if I use lfs.

Try Drive or Dropbox, or anything but Github

Today I'll make a checklist for the next mission

• Music 0%
  • Screen recorder on
  • Fresh KSP install

I give up with Github, it's too difficult (now)

So was there a signal? Some say yes, some say no.

I compared the original music of KSP with the recording I have made, and yes, some of the beep-bloops are from the music.
BUT there were a few bips that were NOT the music. So, it's a bit difficult to say that there is a SSTV signal or not.

The next try will be either on KSP 1.0.5, KSP 1.2.2 or KS 1.5.

On 10/2/2022 at 2:41 AM, Nazalassa said:

Today I'll make a checklist for the next mission

• Music 0%
  • Screen recorder on
  • Fresh KSP install

I give up with Github, it's too difficult (now)

So was there a signal? Some say yes, some say no.

I compared the original music of KSP with the recording I have made, and yes, some of the beep-bloops are from the music.
BUT there were a few bips that were NOT the music. So, it's a bit difficult to say that there is a SSTV signal or not.

The next try will be either on KSP 1.0.5, KSP 1.2.2 or KS 1.5.

I am firmly on the pro-SSTV side

I still hope to find the signal, but this has ALL of the classic elements of a "gaming myth".

-Rumor originates from a single person several years ago

-Game has many mods and glitches that could cause the rumor, especially if the originator forgot they had mods on

-No hard evidence of rumor's existence

-Someone investigates, gets tantalizingly close, gets an extremely vague result, then vanishes

-Supposed proof of rumor is uploaded in a roundabout manner

-Rumor suggested to require increasingly specific conditions to discover

1 hour ago, DAL59 said:

I still hope to find the signal, but this has ALL of the classic elements of a "gaming myth".

-Rumor originates from a single person several years ago

-Game has many mods and glitches that could cause the rumor, especially if the originator forgot they had mods on

-No hard evidence of rumor's existence

-Someone investigates, gets tantalizingly close, gets an extremely vague result, then vanishes

-Supposed proof of rumor is uploaded in a roundabout manner

-Rumor suggested to require increasingly specific conditions to discover

You make  really good point here, All we need for this to be a creepy pasta is some ghost kerbals!

A few posts have been removed, please stick to the thread topic.   Please do not discuss the piracy of KSP, not only is it illegal in most locals, but here in the forums we have a zero tolerance policy of such discussion.  

Regarding the issue of old versions, there a number of threads on the forums detailing legal and safe methods of obtaining earlier versions.    

Edited by Gargamel

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.