Patch v0.1.4.0 Patch Timing Update

Dakota

...best way to get results is to apply pressure... pressure is good for skin, hairgrowth and overall wellbeing.

Best work-lifebalance from my experience is 12-14 hours a day weekly (also saturdays),  no time for distraction, and pure commitment to the goal.

Any progress is good progress.

Let them updates rollin!

Cheers! (You must also allways cheer, not cheering doesn`t count)

:D

35 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Looking back at KSP1 v0.25, would the world be much different today if it had been released on October 7, 2014, instead of October 14, 2014?

Hide contents

Trick question, October 7, 2014 was the real release date. If you didn't remember that, that's the point.

Alright, my b, I’ll just stop coming to the forums, point received. Sorry to bother 

Edited by Nicrose

17 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Because claiming in advance that it will take x days to fix a bug will cause disappointment if it takes longer.

I understand, but it's very strange to post an update announcing a delay only on Twitter, link it to Discord, then wait 4 days for to make an announcement on the KSP forums with no new information aside from the new target date.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, RocketSon4 said:

What is going to be in the update? I have not seen anything telling us what will be new in the update? Are there going to be more engines!?

No new parts or features. Just bug fixes.

4 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

it's very strange to post an update announcing a delay only on Twitter, link it to Discord, then wait 4 days for to make an announcement on the KSP forums

Sadly that's not strange at all. It SHOULD be, but it's not.

It's SOP and has been for years now.

Best thing about the patch is that it'll at least a month before the next one, and that one probably won't have any meaningful content in it either.

Can't wait for the Christmas next summer update with ported-over KSP1 science (with a new feature called bugs!) .

8 hours ago, Pyritin said:

Unfortunately sometimes QA uncovers issues far later in the process than is ideal.

I think most players are onboard with QA before releasing a patch and actually quite understanding about the delay. It's just such a novel concept for KSP2 that they're not used to it yet, which is where the shocked reactions come from.

6 hours ago, DunaManiac said:

I understand, but it's very strange to post an update announcing a delay only on Twitter, link it to Discord, then wait 4 days for to make an announcement on the KSP forums with no new information aside from the new target date.

Aaah, you'll be longing for those tweets once they switch over to pinterest, tiktok and myspace.

...We get what we see, it is early access. Its like relationship, patience is a gift of maturity.

I`d like to play KSP2 all day long but i have a hell other work to do along, so i can appreciate the efforts i see.

Any progress is good progress. ;)

So……if the QA team is doing their job, then hopefully we won't get new game-breaking bugs in the update!:) Anyways, glad to hear that progress has been made and actual testing has been done bone before the release.

By the way, what is the EXACT planned date for the patch?

The delay in communication here on the forums, and the focus on other platforms first again, as well as not hearing from Nate for nearly two months is very disappointing  and disconcerting. Also, the fact that we're now  nearing 6 months post launch and we're still no closer to any understanding of science mode, new parts, and the rest of promised features has actually made even me question what's going on. This isn't a good luck, 6 months later and we've still not seen a fully delivered major update. This is just, really disappointing. Instead of a Q&A, can we please have a more concrete more full update from Nate please @Dakota?

Possibly a fix for an issue that slowed the performance of the game, causing even more problems

24 minutes ago, RaBDawG said:

Lol.  Unbelievable man.

Rejoice that there will be bug fixes. But they could have released a patch without it, they would just have updated the number :huh:

4 hours ago, RayneCloud said:

The delay in communication here on the forums, and the focus on other platforms first again, as well as not hearing from Nate for nearly two months is very disappointing  and disconcerting. Also, the fact that we're now  nearing 6 months post launch and we're still no closer to any understanding of science mode, new parts, and the rest of promised features has actually made even me question what's going on. This isn't a good luck, 6 months later and we've still not seen a fully delivered major update. This is just, really disappointing. Instead of a Q&A, can we please have a more concrete more full update from Nate please @Dakota?

Mostly agree here, though tbh I'd rather here from anyone but Nate.  Nestor would be grand.  Or maybe someone who's actually working on science mode, either a dev or designer.   Heck even the UI designer to show off a tech tree.   

I think Nate not posting for 2 months is a not unsubtle acknowledgement of the faith the community has lost in his communication content and style, and it would go over better if it was delivered from someone, anyone  else.

35 minutes ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

Isn’t it this week when we should get the delayed delayed update or at least an update on when we receive the delayed delayed delayed update?

Yes, it's still planned this week, I was just saying that Dakota is in vacation right now.

I have never paid €50 for a pre alpha before. I back to this forums since 2 month and just find a new delay to fix a performance bug, While..... Baldurs Gate 2: New patch 1000 bug fixed (one week later from lunch the game) for 25€ and totaly playable game. 
Ksp was my favorite game. It has become my most hated game.

3 minutes ago, LUCINNDA said:

I have never paid €50 for a pre alpha before. I back to this forums since 2 month and just find a new delay to fix a performance bug, While..... Baldurs Gate 2: New patch 1000 bug fixed (one week later from lunch the game) for 25€ and totaly playable game. 
Ksp was my favorite game. It has become my most hated game.

Don't blame the original KSP for mistakes taken with KSP2.

I'm somewhat disappointed by the current development, tbh. I expected more of part 2. Even bought a new rig, as my old one didn't match the requirements. 

I clocked 30+ hrs on KSP2, had a good time, I have to confess. I don't mind the price tag. I got my fun out of it and paid more for less in other cases, yet it is annoying to get disappointed.

I rolled back to KSP1 and probably stick with that one for longer now and will, if ever, start up KSP2, when they make some progress feature wise.

Don't get me wrong, I like the graphic and all, it runs fairly well for me on my new machine. But I'm disappointed by the promises made and the work delivered. It just doesn't match imho.