KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.4.0

Intercept Games

3 minutes ago, Astroneer08 said:

Well that kind of supports my theory. It's that the majority of bugs are for steam players, because I'm playing on laptop with no bugs.

That… doesn’t make any sense. Since the majority of people are obtaining the game from Steam there will obviously be more people reporting problems that are using that platform. Correlation does not equal causation. 

18 hours ago, MechBFP said:

That… doesn’t make any sense. Since the majority of people are obtaining the game from Steam there will obviously be more people reporting problems that are using that platform. Correlation does not equal causation. 

It doesn't make sense anyhow since it would mean that the developers would build from a different code base for Steam and stand alone release.

Why on Kerbin should they do such a thing? This would be just more work without any benefit

19 hours ago, Astroneer08 said:

Well that kind of supports my theory. It's that the majority of bugs are for steam players, because I'm playing on laptop with no bugs.

That doesn’t mean there are different builds

• You might not call bugs that others report. I’m fine with 20 FPS, I don’t build slender (wobbly) rockets and the graphics look fine i.e. “not ragged” to me even when others scream it causes physical pain in their eyes.
  • some issues are environment specific and a laptop is a lot different from a desktop

I wouldn’t jump to conclusions that the Steam release is bugged. There are a lot of variables in play.

I agree that the bugs are probably actually consistent across the board, but some variation is not a completely absurd possibility; given the existence of the following files in the game folder, there is some Steam-related code being worked on:

• KSP2_x64_Data\Plugins\x86_64\steam_api64.dll
  • KSP2_x64_Data\Plugins\Steamworks.NET.txt
  • KSP2_x64_Data\Managed\com.rlabrecque.steamworks.net.dll
  • PDLauncher\steam_api.dll

... just probably very little of it.

Edited by HebaruSan

I would assume that any Steam-related code is implementing cross-loading from the net, or leading up to a simple Multiplayer setup:- while MP in and of itself is a long way away, an easy component of that would be MP chat facilities.

I grant you: any bad code can create bugs in other code modules, but for MP chat or cross-loading to cause that sort of litany of bugs is unlikely! I suspect we may be seeing the results of different PC setups and gameplay styles than presence or absence of bugs themselves.

0.14 is hanging up in the same spot every time for me while loading, while it says "loading localizations from addressables". I tried uninstalling and re-installing and it still crashes in the same spot every time. :/

....Wow, after like 15 minutes I finally got the top menu screen. I sure hope it's not that slow every time. Anyway, at least I can play it now!

Edited by herbal space program

39 minutes ago, herbal space program said:

0.14 is hanging up in the same spot every time for me while loading, while it says "loading localizations from addressables". I tried uninstalling and re-installing and it still crashes in the same spot every time. :/

....Wow, after like 15 minutes I finally got the top menu screen. I sure hope it's not that slow every time. Anyway, at least I can play it now!

I think you need to install the new version of SpaceWarp. A lot of people had this exact problem because of it.

...the game drops way too many autosaves in my opinion, every other minute . Why? Playing offline seems also more stable, steam connection is not stable on my system...

I just updated ALL drivers on my system, i hope the memoryleaks get fixed.

2 hours ago, Mikki said:

...the game drops way too many autosaves in my opinion, every other minute . Why? Playing offline seems also more stable, steam connection is not stable on my system...

I just updated ALL drivers on my system, i hope the memoryleaks get fixed.

i have played on ksp 2 for quite a while, I'm going be honest i have seen like 12 saves on a single save i played for 60 hours on... i want the autosave every other minute.