No Trajectory Lines in Map View [Indicators Like PE/AP are Still Showing]

DADDYTYRONE

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows | CPU: Intel i5-10300H | GPU: Gtx 1650 Ti | RAM16gb

After updating to 0.1.4.0, I logged on to find that I am unable to see trajectories for any of my crafts while in map view.  I was previously able to on 0.1.3. and most other previous versions. It is clear the trajectories are there, but having no lines makes interplanetary missions almost impossible. Thank you for reviewing and hopefully fixing soon!

Included Attachments:

KSP2_0.1.4_Bug.png.4812b471532efa40baccbfa35c22bec1.png

96 answers to this question

I keep running into this bug after I get to orbit and undock my two crafts. I will control one of them and by the time that I go back to the other it is marked as landed and has no trajectory lines. I am not closing the game or anything in between, only switching craft. I as soon as I switch craft the other one is marked as landed. Unfortunately restarting wont fix this so I just have to jump back a few saves.

Edited by BMR2515
More context

Reported Version: v0.1.4 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor 3.70 GHz | GPU: AMD 6800 XT | RAM32 GB

Main Issue:
Absolutely all orbital lines of all craft and bodies in the Kerbolar system will disappear, but the PE and AP markers will still show around them correctly, and previously made maneuver nodes also shows. Forgot to test if able to make new nodes, but seems rather hard to do so. This is present in map view and in the tracking station.

Gameplay issues:
Causes maneuvering in orbit to be hard, and docking to be impossible. 

Theory on cause:

Seems to be linked to quickload. Quickload and quicksave does not work. Last time it happened for me, craft was in "recoverable" state after landed at the KSC runway. 

Theory on how to reproduce:

• Launch craft to orbit
  • Quicksave when circularized
  • Deorbit and land at Kerbin
  • When landed and craft is recovarable, quickload

Workaround

Game restart, and loading of both quicksave and autosave solves the problem. 
You might not be able to get the bug from loading of my save file on a different computer.

Specs (from AMD Adrenalin):

Spoiler

K7HrB5p.png

Images of bug:

Spoiler

qejUH3R.png

RI1CxGh.png

Included Attachments:

quicksave_108.json

Edited by Sylvi Fisthaug

This happens a lot and I'm amazed at the "cannot reliably reproduce" in the latest kerb. Build a ship with a docked lander attached to it, e.g. in a cargo bay.

Fly to Duna, undock lander and pilot to surface. You now have two ships. If you actually land, the lander will go to landed state but so will the mothership it undocked from. You will not see trajectory lines for the mothership. Tracking station will show mothership in orbit as being in landed state. Tried changing situation in JSON of save file away from landed did not seem to work.

10 hours ago, mrjsonkerbal said:

This happens a lot and I'm amazed at the "cannot reliably reproduce" in the latest kerb. Build a ship with a docked lander attached to it, e.g. in a cargo bay.

Fly to Duna, undock lander and pilot to surface. You now have two ships. If you actually land, the lander will go to landed state but so will the mothership it undocked from. You will not see trajectory lines for the mothership. Tracking station will show mothership in orbit as being in landed state. Tried changing situation in JSON of save file away from landed did not seem to work.

If its limited to only one craft then its not the same issue. This bug report is for every trajectory that is missing including planets. 

Happened to me as well just now (v1.5.0). Should I upload a save file somewhere?

Edit:

Well... poop! Here's some more info:

Reloading the save, the issue persists. But, upon relaunching the game, the problem is fixed.  I doubt the file itself will be of much use. Please tag me here if you still wish to be uploaded.

Edited by cocoscacao

10 hours ago, cocoscacao said:

Happened to me as well just now (v1.5.0). Should I upload a save file somewhere?

Edit:

Well... poop! Here's some more info:

Reloading the save, the issue persists. But, upon relaunching the game, the problem is fixed.  I doubt the file itself will be of much use. Please tag me here if you still wish to be uploaded.

The exact steps to it happening seem to be more important than the save file at this point.

7 minutes ago, Anth said:

The exact steps to it happening seem to be more important

Launch the game, delete old campaign, new campaign, disable first time user experience, go to the VAB, produce 4 stage rocket, launch, make the rocket flip 360deg around 17000 meters. My boosters were spent and detached at this point. Lower main engine power to 0 during flip (press x) , continue burning once you're near the prograde marker. Around 60000 meters, open the map view. Tadaaaa!

Of course, it doesn’t happen always. 

This bug also affects the tutorials dramatically, as shown  in this screen-capture (and so far only a complete reboot of the game makes the trajectory lines appear again).

20231028231818_1.jpg?ex=654ff011&is=653d

I can't place a maneuver plan if I can't see the trajectory, Paige! ;.;

Think, Paige! Think!

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X | GPU: RTX 3060 | RAM16GB

Good Day all,

My Trajectorys are vanishing after i decouple anything in 1.5. I can't seem to fix it afterwards, only creating a new safe file helps (even after restarting, they are still gone). A bit frustrating as i'm not that good at the game (not new to the game, just never had the time) and that significantly hinders my learning process.

To replicate (on my pc at least):

Start a new save, turn of new player mode and normal difficulty.  - go into the VAB and build a small rocket with solid fuel boosters and 2 stages of liquid fuel engines - launch it - as soon as i decouple the boosters a window pops up, that parts are now out of my control, and trajectorys are missing for the whole save file

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: Community Fixes, MapView Focus and Targeting, K2D2, Micro-Engineer, Maneuver Node Controller, Flight Plan | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 | GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 Super | RAM32 GB

Experienced this bug today during a Mun mission.  Landed on the Mun, and after launching from the Mun's surface to circularization (in preparation to return to Kerbin), all orbit lines were missing.  Ap/Pe markers were still there, but I couldn't create any maneuvers due to the lines missing.  Reload did not work.  Exit and relaunch the game did.

Zjlhejy.png

@Anth / @The Space Peacock I can trigger the orbit trajectory lines disappearing every time by launching my current Buran/Energia iteration. Load up the save in the bug package attached below, try it with a simple rocket (see video) --> orbits look normal. Then revert, launch "Buran Energia v2" and you will see that the trajectories are gone. Happens every time with this vehicle.

See also video below.

Bug Package with save game that was created fresh for 0.1.5, logs and workspace: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sL7KWPWteFqxIPzaG4CXEJEK46IEW1KQ/view?usp=sharing

Reported Version: 0.1.5.0 | Mods: none | Reproducible without mods? Yes | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor  (24) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (24340MB) | RAM: 65459 | OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621 64-Bit

Edited by ShadowZone

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro | CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700H | GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Laptop | RAM32GB

When in the map view the line disappeared and wouldn't come back. Loading save and relaunching didn't fix

Included Attachments:

13 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

@Anth / @The Space Peacock I can trigger the orbit trajectory lines disappearing every time by launching my current Buran/Energia iteration. Load up the save in the bug package attached below, try it with a simple rocket (see video) --> orbits look normal. Then revert, launch "Buran Energia v2" and you will see that the trajectories are gone. Happens every time with this vehicle.

Hi @ShadowZone, looks like you're experiencing a similar but different bug;

The main difference is that with this bug, planets and other vessels will still have their trajectories, whereas the bug in this thread causes all  trajectories to go missing. This one also cant be fixed by restarting the game, but there is a solution:

1.  First, go to <<C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Intercept Games\Kerbal Space Program 2\Saves\SinglePlayer\CAMPAIGNNAME>> with 'CAMPAIGNNAME' the name of your campaign
  2. Find and open the .json file for your affected save file in any text editor program
  3. Locate your vessel data within the save .json. It should be next to "assemblyName":    (tip: use CTRL-F)
  4. Scroll down a bit until you see the line "Situation": "Landed"  (or "Splashed")
  5. Change the Situation from "Landed" to "Orbiting". Save the file, reopen the game and your craft should now have its trajectory back!

See the images below for some clarification on each step. Hope this helps!
Spoiler

Step 2: locate your save .json

image.png.6d20738b0efbcafd4b2dc1851c12e31e.png

Step 3: locate your vessel data within the save .json

image.thumb.png.68a90a55be2e7c2b3ffa9c9056155415.png

Step 4: locate the "Situation": line

image.png.20049ea296c0b04fb64e7653f88d8e73.png

Step 5: change the situation to "Orbiting"

image.png.c814596cf88665375ae5eccf566e84f8.png

Edited by The Space Peacock

16 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

See also video below.

Bug Package with save game that was created fresh for 0.1.5, logs and workspace: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sL7KWPWteFqxIPzaG4CXEJEK46IEW1KQ/view?usp=sharing

Reported Version: 0.1.5.0 | Mods: none | Reproducible without mods? Yes | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor  (24) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (24340MB) | RAM: 65459 | OS: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22621 64-Bit

I've tested the craft three times, I only had it happen once and it was when the craft wobbled a little bit (for some unknown reasons) and some things were destroyed.

Maybe that is the cause because as I can see in your video, the flight report is popping up with things being destroyed which is not normal.

Did you succeed to reproduce the bug with your craft without parts being destroyed and/or the flight report popping?

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core i7 9750H | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 | RAM16 GB

Merge please with the famous report

I got this bug after reloading to attached save. I don't know will it works again on other computer, but I attached save

I got bug when saved during  active flight in atmosphere, maybe it is one reason which causes this bug

Included Attachments:

Challenge-save.json

Player-prev.log