A petition for more reactions.

Ryaja

Should there be more reactions on the Kerbal forums?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • No

I think it would benefit the forum if we had the ability to add reactions other than just likes to posts, I think it would be beneficial to the over all dynamic. It doesn't have to be many but I think, especially for more serious things, liking it feels awkward, if we try to show support for something. For example if an update is delayed when you like the post are you liking that the update is delayed or supporting the devs?

47 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

Unpopular opinion? I think the addition of more reactions/likes/thumbs up or what ever your choice of name for them would cheapen them. The scarcity of the amount we have now (25?) makes them special. Just my $0.02.

I think you may have misread. I believe Ryaja is asking for more options, not to increase the 25/day limit.

Just my own opinion but I don't feel there's value to anything more than expressing approval. At places where they have more options for kinds of approval I don't notice which types I get and just see the total number of them. 

• Community Manager

Unsure if anything past like is needed. Maybe could see a case for a "Thanks" reaction and maybe a "love" reaction, but also I feel like the "Like" encompasses those two anyways. My two cents.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.