A New Chapter

On 1/6/2024 at 1:49 AM, Bej Kerman said:

Intercept never took ownership of the console version. If you really think so, feel free to link me to sources saying otherwise.

This appears to say otherwise

1 hour ago, joratto said:

This appears to say otherwise

L7Xqafh.png

That makes everything I said based on outdated information. That leaves me wondering why this wasn't announced here, unless I'm missing something.

Edit, I don't have a problem with Intercept and its staff being casually transparent, but expecting everyone to be keeping tabs on Discord conversations for news like this is ridiculous. The dev tracker should be done with and crucial news shouldn't be dropped via a platform that was built to lack the permanence of forums. Personally, I think the forum needing a big "Discord Tracker" is ridiculous and is a major red flag.

Edited by Bej Kerman

6 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

That makes everything I said based on outdated information. That leaves me wondering why this wasn't announced here, unless I'm missing something.

I'm more bothered by the fact that they appear to have abandoned it and haven't announced that. It's not cool to keep people hanging. 

2 hours ago, Periple said:

I'm more bothered by the fact that they appear to have abandoned it and haven't announced that. It's not cool to keep people hanging. 

"Appear" is not "Fact" it may appear that they have ,but until an official statement comes out, "Everything in motions stays in motion." 

Anyway, great job team! Looking forward to what comes next!

On 1/6/2024 at 5:21 AM, ArmchairGravy said:

This is the first time since .1 I'm having more fun than frustrations. I'm playing both Sandbox and Exploration, and I am very happy with what the team delivered in the .2 update. I am impressed at how few additional bugs were introduced, and how many long-term bugs have been eliminated or ameliorated.

The UI is in dire need of an overhaul. The more I progress in the game the worse it gets. Why isn't there an alarm clock and transfer window/angle calculator in the Tracking Station? Why don't I have access to advanced orbital characteristics? You want to improve the initial user experience. You want them to use external sources to access basic knowledge. That's contradictory. Put the info in there, somewhere. I don't care if it's pretty as long as I can read it.

Overall, I'll give the team a "That'll do, pig" for .20 and I look forward to seeing what 2024 brings.

Upvoted for the "Babe" reference

I am a fan of Career mode from KSP but am slowly coming around to the idea of a single mode to unite them all... 

however  I think this should be accomished with sliders & boxes through the games difficulty interface.

I like early Game difficulty centered around currency limitations & the efficiency of design through graduated part limitations. 

Most of all I am a fan of Contracts. The procedurally generated kind that continue to add spice to the system. 

I personally feel that Contracts as a supplement to Missions would be off the planet. Space X & NASA will take contract work, KSC should as well.

There seems to be little structure with regard where to solicit these suggestions. Many are repeated enough that I'm sure they gain traction, others not sure.

Great work so far!

For me the most annoying bugs are vanishing orbital lines and random change of orbits after saving and loading. Many of my crafts were suddenly on a collision course after reloading. Also sometimes my AP is starting to raise (should go down) even though I'm slightly in the atmosphere circling around Duna.
Also I hope there will be forced physical warp in space and unlocked warped times when near to a body (stuff taking forever otherwise).

Otherwise great. Looking forward to the next patches!

My copy of the game is vastly more performant on 0.2.0 than on prior versions.

Performance + core gameplay loop/progression + burgeoning mod scene = happy me. I am now playing KSP2 full-time and haven't touched KSP1 since For Science. Lots of bugs fixed. Lots of bugs yet to be fixed. Excited for what's to come.

Modlist:

Alarm Clock; BepInEx; Commlines; Community Fixes; Docking Alignment Display; Flight Plan; Galaxy Tweaker; HUD; I Wish They Made UI Customizable; KerbalHeadlamp; Lux's Flames and Ornaments; Lux's OAB Extensions; Micro Engineer; Node Manager; Orbital Survey; PAIGE B Gone; Patch Manager; Science Arkive; SpaceWarp; Speedy Startup; The Nuclear Option; UITK for KSP 2; Utility Uplift; WASD For VAB

System specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X / Asus NVIDIA RTX 3070 / Gigabyte Aorus X570I / Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 2x16 GB

On 1/7/2024 at 9:25 PM, Bej Kerman said:

That leaves me wondering why this wasn't announced here, unless I'm missing something.

They probably mentioned it in a TikTok or something.

On 1/8/2024 at 6:25 AM, RayneCloud said:

"Appear" is not "Fact" it may appear that they have ,but until an official statement comes out, "Everything in motions stays in motion."

By that reasoning, we can't be sure IG actually took ownership of KSP Console.

On 1/5/2024 at 5:27 PM, Pthigrivi said:

- More gameplay branches both in the mission tree and in the way parts are organized in the tech tree. Right now science and missions are performing decently as a basic process for progressing, but its tough to really invest intelligently in a probe-heavy or plane-and-rover-heavy playstyle. 

I actually found a probe heavy playstyle pretty easy. I made it through the whole tree of 'main' missions with just probes. I did probe landings on the Mun, Minmus, Duna, Ike, and flybys of Eve and Gilly, filling out most of the first two tiers, before building an apollo style mission to the Mun as my first manned mission beyond Low Kerbin Orbit.

"Plane" heavy isn't impossible either. I just recently finished a similar playthrough using only SSTOs. Although that involves a liberal definition of 'spaceplane'. More using Wheezley jets to get up to 7km, before using swivels to go the rest of the way. My plane had 4 Wheezleys and 3 Swivels, and could launch a little over a ton or a ton and a half to orbit. It seems a bit easier to build an SSTO with Wheezleys vs KSP1. Anyway, used that to launch  small probe packages, with which I did the same as above, landings on Mun thru Ike, flybys for Eve. That got me enough to get thru to the Panther engine, which I have used before to run manned Mun missions in KSP1.

The real 'spaceplane' jet engines are a long way up the tree. The Whiplash and Rapier are so far down it's difficult to see a playthru truly using them. It's difficult though as if they're available sooner, it would be easy to skip the Wheezley and Panther almost entirely.

On 1/5/2024 at 5:27 PM, Pthigrivi said:

- More gameplay branches both in the mission tree and in the way parts are organized in the tech tree. Right now science and missions are performing decently as a basic process for progressing, but its tough to really invest intelligently in a probe-heavy or plane-and-rover-heavy playstyle. Its understandable that the game focuses on crewed exploration but its tough to make alternate strategies work so the process feels a bit weighted and linear. 

Hey, someone put up a challenge and that finally spurred me to share the low tech ssto I used to play a plane only playthrough, if you're interested to see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2024 at 12:22 AM, Jebs Piloting Skills said:

is there anyway to get it to run good and usable on lower end pcs like a dell laptop?

KSP 1 runs surprisingly well even with graphics mods installed. Some users even report that mods like Scatterer can even increase performance marginally. Coming from someone who used to run the game on something little better than a 7 year old microwave oven with a broken timer.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 4:21 AM, Second Hand Rocket Science said:

KSP 1 runs surprisingly well even with graphics mods installed. Some users even report that mods like Scatterer can even increase performance marginally. Coming from someone who used to run the game on something little better than a 7 year old microwave oven with a broken timer.

Your signature is great, I watched all of his Kerbal Scuffed Program videos. 

On 3/6/2024 at 2:19 AM, Jebs Piloting Skills said:

yup, i have a decent laptop but it takes forever to load with just a few part mods

KSP 1 has a horrible loading time in general. Even on my beefy desktop it takes a while.