The game failed because...

2 minutes ago, TickleMyMary said:

I imagine, without installing the relavant mod to fix it, that you're stuck with it.

Funny how the attitude back then was "Intercept should bend themselves to our will" instead of "we should wait for a mod that lets you shift the navball".

1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

Funny how the attitude back then was "Intercept should bend themselves to our will" instead of "we should wait for a mod that lets you shift the navball".

Because if the studio wont do it then the community stepped in and did it for them? Again, that's a dev issue, not the game... Highlight it to IG if it's a real issue to you and you want an official solution, bringing it up to users is silly as it just derails another conversation with the reciprocal nonsense that we have been doing.

22 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Just so happens a lot of us also happen to have an issue with it.

Did you see where I stated, quite plainly, that I an aware there are people who have an issue with it?  Or are you simply just looking for a reason to argue? 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Where IG put the navball wasn't an issue to me.

Intercept aren't a capable studio, they could put it round the back of my monitor and I still wouldn't care because I don't play it... Although we were talking about the KSP1 navball, nevermind eh.

Edited by TickleMyMary

1 minute ago, TickleMyMary said:

Intercept aren't a capable studio, they could put it round the back of my monitor and I still wouldn't care because I don't play it...

But placing it to the side was an improvement.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

But placing it to the side was an improvement.

*To you.

Once again though, you started this by bemoaning the KSP1 navball so lets either stick to that or just knock it on the head because you're juggling games like it's a cirus to try and 'win'.

EDIT: Yeah, I will just knock it on the head. This will all be gone in the morning and it's just a waste of keypresses at this point... Stay happy [snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

*To you.

To a lot of people.

20 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

you're juggling games like it's a cirus to try and 'win'

I'm juggling games because they both show ways to tackle the same basic interface, and KSP 2 happens to do a better job.

[snip]

Edited by Vanamonde

17 hours ago, PopinFRESH said:

You can get procedural parts (including wings, fuel tanks, etc.) with mods on KSP1 as well.... Just as an FYI.

really? i didn't know that.

if you can do that, than KSP1 is far stronger than 2.

I modded KSP1 to the point that it looks really amazing. 

As i said before, they should patch KSP1 to the point so you don't have to mod it, and it could be a sequel. I am sad for interstellar travel, but hey, you can also add that with mods (didn't try it though).

Also...

https://old.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/ct7gca/noo_not_uber_entertainment/

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Icegrx said:

You guys are really arguing about where the nav ball should be on a dead game? 

No... [snip] I happen to think people should place it anywhere they please and the fact you can only do that with a mod is somehow the fault of the game and not the developer who made the ruddy thing!

Also... I thought that all would have well been gone by now... Wonders will never cease to amaze! :)

Edited by Vanamonde
Please don't make the arguments personal.

Posted (edited)

[snip]

12 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

I happen to think people should place it anywhere they please

Of course, the convo pertained to the default  placement of it.

Edited by Vanamonde

2 hours ago, Siska said:

As i said before, they should patch KSP1 to the point so you don't have to mod it, and it could be a sequel. I am sad for interstellar travel, but hey, you can also add that with mods (didn't try it though).

Also...

https://old.reddit.com/r/KerbalSpaceProgram/comments/ct7gca/noo_not_uber_entertainment/

Hi, I would be very interested in the mods you used for KSP1. Never done modding before:D

9 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

"most people agree it should be in the middle", if you ignore the people who agreed it should be to the side.

“Most people agree”… by definition that does not mean “all people agree”, therefore “some people disagree”.

I can grant Bej that ‘all flight-data in one place’ is nice, but Navball + speed being “in-line with” / closer to my craft is better in 99.7% of cases.

8 hours ago, Icegrx said:

You guys are really arguing about where the nav ball should be on a dead game? 

Which dead game? :cry:

2 hours ago, Flush Foot said:

Which dead game? :cry:

9 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

A POTENTIALLY dead game! ;p

I’ve lost most my optimism. I’m in the anger stage currently. 

58 minutes ago, Icegrx said:

I’ve lost most my optimism. I’m in the anger stage currently. 

I think I rapidly cycle through the various stages of grief on any given day.. anger does seem to be the most present emotion.

Always had trouble deflecting sadness into anger. I've started my meditation routines again.. 

I don't want to get angry over the progress [or lack] for a video game. For Christ's sakes.. it's a GAME.

But I LOVE kerbals.. inlove KSP. 93% IIRC of all KSP1 reviews are positive...somebody excrements all over the penultimate singularly favorite form of digital entertainment.

ALL over it. I just want to know who I can rightly blame. The only person I can seem to focus on is Nate. There is the face of Kerbal kind ATM and the person that made the promises and decided on creative direction.

Where the hell are the engineers?

ugh

The part that truly upsets me the most is the disruption to the KSP community and KSP1 playership.  

KSP2 didn't just flop.  It also split the community against each other and drove away many people.

7 hours ago, Siska said:

Also...

Enjoy!

1 hour ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

I think I rapidly cycle through the various stages of grief on any given day

I've gone through disbelief.  And anger.  And confusion.  And back to anger.  And I've skated through the "the game is canceled" stage.

Right now, as of today, I am in the "I've got nothing other than stating the facts and hoping that the community can stay together through this" stage.

52 minutes ago, Yaivenov said:

The part that truly upsets me the most is the disruption to the KSP community and KSP1 playership. 

I could not agree more.  This whole debacle has caused this great community to fracture right down the middle, with insults and anger hurled from both sides to the other.  I just want us all to get along again, no matter what happens or what people think.

16 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

The old navball obstructed your view, especially at lower resolutions.

The proper solution to that is adding the ability to rearrange the UI so each player has the ability to customize it to their liking.

1 minute ago, T1mo98 said:

The proper solution to that is adding the ability to rearrange the UI so each player has the ability to customize it to their liking.

^this. Implement the UI elements as vectors so they are scalable and independent of render resolution, and make the UI element zones configurable so users can scale and arrange the different UI elements to suite their own preferences. I get this is not always feasible in some games where the UI is integral to game assets, but with the KSP UI there is little reason this couldn't have been implemented.

10 minutes ago, PopinFRESH said:

^this. Implement the UI elements as vectors so they are scalable and independent of render resolution, and make the UI element zones configurable so users can scale and arrange the different UI elements to suite their own preferences. I get this is not always feasible in some games where the UI is integral to game assets, but with the KSP UI there is little reason this couldn't have been implemented.

The worst part about this is that KSP1 has the option to move the Navball left or right, so like many things, KSP2 took a step backwards.

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 7:36 AM, SmokerCraft said:

This forum. And Discord.

And the inability of the whole KSP2 team to deliver on anything they said.

But this forum, and Discord.... Anyone who said anything critical was pushed out. (an obvious exaduration... only here or Discord would anyone have to spell out generalizations and sarcasm) You all created an environment where it was OK to under achieve. I really, really despise this place. 

The only thing that killed the game was corporate greed and mismanagement. Nobody from the team was deleting or shutting down suggestions, the only pushback I noticed was from users, I did have run in myself with that, I won't say who but everyone can read through the forums if they want to know :) There were certain individuals that were acting like the game was perfect as is and attacking anyone who posted suggestions, which devs asked for as that was the point of EA program to begin with, in a forum specifically dedicated to it. But again, those were not admins or devs, those were users, even if we put on a tinfoil hat and assume they were T2 paid trolls, all they could do is yap, it had no influence over the devs.

What killed the game isn't the right question to ask, the correct question to ask is who killed the game. T2 pencil pushers did. Corporations aren't a force of nature. The devs weren't given a chance to finish it. Whether it was corpo or studio higher ups that caused the delays in development doesn't really matter.

Edited by m4ti140