Thank You Dakota, Blackrack and all others who are effected

Emotions are running high here, but please know that all you guys did for the community was appreciated. We’re mad at the situation and how it’s ending, not with you guys. Best wishes to your future search for employment.

Fly safe. o7

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, moeggz said:

Fly safe. o7

Well. Pretty sure Dakota lives in Seattle soooooooo..... ;) 

But more seriously. This is heartbreaking. Everyone at Intercept was so fantastic to us and I hate to see the team even remotely broken up.

The team was great. The game's great. And everything else related to Intercept was great.

This might sound a little cheesy or heartfelt but I'm genuine in my writing. It was an actually huge portion of my recent life to be along the ride of development. I don't know what's gonna happen and I don't know if even you guys at Intercept know to a full degree, but I'll continue to support you guys the whole way up until the end, whenever that may be. I've tried to remain the positive, upbeat and hopeful person but I do have to admit the concept of not knowing anything is terrifying. I'm not asking you guys to say anything, I'm just dumping my thoughts into this.

I never thought the developers were scamming us. I never thought the game was bad. And I will never think any of those things no matter what anyone says.

Even after the dust has cleared and the result is the worst we could have thought, I will continue to stand by Intercept games and all those years they brought a smile to my face.

And finally @Dakota I saw the post and... I'm so sorry. I send hope and gratitude to you, and everyone else to what remains and beyond of, in my wildly controversial opinion, one of the best game studios of all time: Intercept Games

Edited by NexusHelium
o7

Dakota got a lot of hate on some posts/platforms but I always felt like they took time for the community and even often answered my questions directly on the discord. I never really followed a game like I did KSP2, so this was my first real experience with a CM team, and I felt that Dakota really did the best with what they had to work with. I feel this odd connection to Dakota bc of it and honestly, which was cool to experience as it made the game feel so much more important to me. One thing is for sure - I will miss the daily "morning" messages and memes in the discord. It was a wild ride, but I wish Dakota the absolute best because they deserve it!

2 minutes ago, RileyHef said:

Dakota got a lot of hate on some posts/platforms but I always felt like they took time for the community and even often answered my questions directly on the discord. I never really followed a game like I did KSP2, so this was my first real experience with a CM team, and I felt that Dakota really did the best with what they had to work with. I feel this odd connection to Dakota bc of it and honestly, which was cool to experience as it made the game feel so much more important to me. One thing is for sure - I will miss the daily "morning" messages and memes in the discord. It was a wild ride, but I wish Dakota the absolute best because they deserve it!

o7 :blush2:

3 minutes ago, RileyHef said:

often answered my questions directly on the discord

I just wish we forum-users knew what that felt like :sad:… Discord made my head hurt with the “not-slow-enough slow-mode” and endlessly scrolling/bouncing views

1 minute ago, Flush Foot said:

I just wish we forum-users knew what that felt like :sad:… Discord made my head hurt with the “not-slow-enough slow-mode” and endlessly scrolling/bouncing views

Well they made that 1 minute 30 seconds when the news broke because everyone was going crazy but that was a nightmare. So long to have to wait to post the kerbal klueless face.

• Community Manager
1 hour ago, RileyHef said:

I feel this odd connection to Dakota bc of it and honestly, which was cool to experience as it made the game feel so much more important to me.

Creating that human connection has always been one of the biggest goals of mine as a CM. Fans of the game only become fans of the studio by developing that sort of connection with the team. In my opinion, too many CMs act as some kind of wizard behind the curtain, when really a CM should just feel like another community member.

Glad to hear I left an impression and kept you engaged with the community. Thanks for playing our game :)

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Dakota said:

Glad to hear I left an impression and kept you engaged with the community. Thanks for playing our game :)

Gosh darn it you're gonna make me cry lol :blush2:

Edited by NexusHelium

5 hours ago, Dakota said:

In my opinion, too many CMs act as some kind of wizard behind the curtain, when really a CM should just feel like another community member.

and somehow you managed to do both lol

said it already but you've been a blessing to this community. You did your job title justice and really put the community in community manager. We couldn't have asked for a better one:)

and to any other members of the team reading this: same goes for you guys. you've all been incredible and we appreciate all of you so much for what you did for KSP2 and the KSP community at large. wishing you all the best in your future careers <3

@Nate Simpson@Nerdy_Mike, @Dakota, @blackrack, @Nertea, and anybody else who is impacted by this that I failed to outright mention:

Thank you.  For your hard work, your dedication, your commitment to the project as a whole.  It hasn't been easy, and we haven't been the nicest when it comes to our criticism of the game.  Or, rather, because I cannot speak for everyone, I haven't been the nicest.  But you guys did what you could, and we couldn't thank you enough.

I hope you all land on whatever celestial body you aim for next, and I wish you nothing but the safest of flights from here on out.  It's been a distinct pleasure to have interacted with you, gentlemen.

I’ll probably write more later when we know more but absolutely—Nate, Tom, Shana, Chris, Dakota and dozens of incredibly talented people who lent so much passion, creativity and perseverance to this game: you’re the best and Im so sorry all this happened. It really isn’t fair. 

i love this thread so much, it's a rare bastion of unfiltered love and compassion in an otherwise hostile subforum

A huge thank you to Intercept Games and all its members. I hope you find work that's good for you, and, even though I bet you're not really allowed to talk about it, I hope whatever it is that happened isn't the downfall of the project you poured your hearts into. I appreciate you all!

Posted (edited)

Dont forget also that many of these folks relocated their lives in many cases from other countries to work at IG, under the umbrella of T2. I just find the corporate culture that makes those kinds of personal demands and then casts those same people aside with little warning truly reprehensible.  

Edited by Pthigrivi

2 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Dont forget also that many of these folks relocated their lives in many cases from other countries to work at IG, under the umbrella of T2. I just find the corporate culture that makes those kinds of personal demands and then casts those same people aside with little warning truly reprehensible.  

I don't disagree with your sentiments at all, I've been affected myself a few times.

But, the other side of the coin is that the 'top executives' do have a responsibility to the business as a whole.  To protect 'profit' yes, but doing so also protects many other employees jobs by ensuring that the company doesn't throw money away needlessly and can stay in business.

If areas are inefficient then they should take measures to correct it, it would be negligent to not do so. and sometimes it requires big changes.  In all cases like that it is a difficult time for all the staff, some or all may be let go immediately, some may be offered other roles and/or relocation, and of those not all will be able to accept, even if they want to, for various reasons.

Yeah, it sucks.  And yes, big corporations will have more financial 'wiggle room' than a local family business.  But just blaming 'corporate greed' is a bit unfair, without knowing all the facts.

On 5/3/2024 at 10:02 PM, Dakota said:

Creating that human connection has always been one of the biggest goals of mine as a CM. Fans of the game only become fans of the studio by developing that sort of connection with the team. In my opinion, too many CMs act as some kind of wizard behind the curtain, when really a CM should just feel like another community member.

dgjn9c4-94f08908-9069-44a2-b155-641fb7cf

21 hours ago, Izny said:

so... is ksp2 cancelled now, or?

This is not the thread for that. If you really want you can go to any of the other 7 (8? ((9??)) if you want a bunch of various answers on that matter.

But to sum it up: we don't know

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2024 at 8:47 AM, pandaman said:

Yeah, it sucks.  And yes, big corporations will have more financial 'wiggle room' than a local family business.

Not necessarily. publicly traded companies are beholden to regulations saying they have to act "in the best interests" of their shareholders. (though usually end up doing stuff that'll hurt their bottom lines long term anyway)

So if you ever see a previously privately owned company start listing themselves on the stock market, expect things to take a dive down into the sewers of anti-human practices.

Edited by mattihase

On 5/7/2024 at 1:06 PM, Izny said:

so... is ksp2 cancelled now, or?

Team lead gone.  Multiplayer lead gone.  Lead designer gone.  It ain't dead yet....but it is on life support, and the doctor is starting to pull on the plug.