Word from devs poll  

95 members have voted

1. 1. When to expect news?

• This week
    • This month
    • June
    • When the last Black hole evaporates

Posted (edited)

Take your pick. Specify exact date, if you want... for fun :)
The person with closest date/time will get a reward... An encouragement from the forum members to pat themselves on the back :P

Edited by cocoscacao

There may be some news after the official office closure date at the end of June.  Otherwise, we likely won't hear the truth for a couple of years, until the NDAs either run out or people stop caring about them.  In the meantime we'll likely get unconfirmed second-hand answers as "FriendDA" stories leak.

11 minutes ago, Skorj said:

There may be some news after the official office closure date at the end of June.  Otherwise, we likely won't hear the truth for a couple of years, until the NDAs either run out or people stop caring about them.  In the meantime we'll likely get unconfirmed second-hand answers as "FriendDA" stories leak.

I would be absolutely shocked if they give this to a third studio. Just my opinion, but I think they are just going to squat on the IP and never do anything with with it. 

Posted (edited)

Im pretty convinced at this point they'll leave that roadmap on the steam page after firing everyone until there's a lawsuit more threatening than the sucker-sales of people who don't know its abandonware--which is never. I will never buy a product from PD or T2 ever again and I'll warn off everyone I talk to about games. These are trash people. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

I believe we'll get news some time between this June and when the last black hole evaporates, probably later in the year when they've actually decided what to do with the KSP IP. As to what that news will be, I don't think they actually mean to abandon it, but putting my finger into the wind I suspect we will be waiting a good while before there is any update that contains new content and not just bug fixes. Still, I think they will eventually go on to create a game that has significant new content before they walk away.

25 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

I will never buy a product from PD or T2 ever again and I'll warn off everyone I talk to about games. These are trash people. 

I agree in general terms, but it's going to be hard for me to turn my nose up at Civ VII!

28 minutes ago, herbal space program said:

I believe we'll get news some time between this June and when the last black hole evaporates, probably later in the year when they've actually decided what to do with the KSP IP. As to what that news will be, I don't think they actually mean to abandon it, but putting my finger into the wind I suspect we will be waiting a good while before there is any update that contains new content and not just bug fixes. Still, I think they will eventually go on to create a game that has significant new content before they walk away.

I agree in general terms, but it's going to be hard for me to turn my nose up at Civ VII!

But screw them if this is how they treat people. They’ll treat Civ and the people who make it the same way. I have zero confidence that there’s any actual interest in play quality or follow though. These people are vacuous bloodsuckers and nothing of value comes from that. 

I'd suspect that we will be waiting many moons for "official" news. However, between now and then, we'll get "friend of a friend of a friend who knows someone that was a janitor in the dev's office" type of rumors. Said rumors will get debated fiercely on these forums, until the next rumor comes along, at which time the process will get repeated. Most likely, one of the rumors will be 0.1% correct, which will cause the poster of said rumor to claim complete and total inside knowledge of the fiasco that KSP2 has become. In other words, just like what we're getting now.

7 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

But screw them if this is how they treat people. They’ll treat Civ and the people who make it the same way. I have zero confidence that there’s any actual interest in play quality or follow though. These people are vacuous bloodsuckers and nothing of value comes from that. 

If that turns out to be true, they'll have destroyed both of my two favorite computer games, and I will never, ever buy anything from them again. But in the case of Civ, I have to say I'm willing to bet my $60 to find out.

My guess is that there will be an update. The development is in progress until June. Whatever has been cooking thus far will probably be released with some very vague statements about future development. After that though....

I expect it'll probably be July before we hear anything (and even then, it'll only be small details). I'd imagine they must have NDAs to the eyeballs at the moment, so commenting would be career suicide. I doubt we would ever find out exactly what's been going on (unless someone does a massive data leak, or they get hacked or something), but if we do find the details out, it'll be some time down the road.

What they will do to the franchise in the unlikely case of KSP2 falling off the bike?

Nothing, lol, as long as it produces money. And I bet KSP1 will for years to come.

abA3Vwr_460s.jpg

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Monkey8EA5T said:

I expect it'll probably be July before we hear anything

Well if the decision is to release whatever is in the works right now, it must be done before studio closes, thus perhaps we get something (vague and unsubstantial) this month.

Edited by cocoscacao

I think it’s fair to say that if we get an update and it is an absolute mess of bugs, half baked content, etc, that we aren’t going to see anything else for a very long time, if ever. 

37 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

Well if the decision is to release whatever is in the works right now, it must be done before studio closes, thus perhaps we get something (vague and unsubstantial) this month.

Who said the studio was closing? T2 could just impose a skeleton crew that runs under the Intercept name.

18 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Who said the studio was closing? T2 could just impose a skeleton crew that runs under the Intercept name.

The WARN notice literally indicates closure.

I'm pretty sure our corporate overlords are hard at work asking chatgpt what the best way to phrase it would be, but I'm going to guess it goes something like this:

In order to insure the satisfaction of the players, developers and, most importantly, our pockets and those of the shareholders, we are currently exploring possibilities
to extract every possible penny from the players and laying off all our developers. We are very proud our revenue streams, and will keep following the strategy of
delivering only 5%, while cashing in 100% and laying off the devs before the product is completed but after it is already sold.

thank you for your trust.

kind regards,
Take two (or more) interactive.

The only update we will hear is when the current stuff they're working out is ready to push, and they'll call that 1.0 and move on. They've done this before already. Go in there, have a read, and tell me how that doesn't line up exactly with what happened here. So all that's left to do is cover their legal side by "launching" and then forget about what for them is a failure of an IP, and move on.

If, like some people peddle, T2 starts growing again when the economy turns, and you hope they'll touch KSP again, consider the following:

1. Do you really think they'll touch the IP again after the failure this iteration has been when they have so many other IPs in better situations? Remember this little joke costed them 8 to 9 digit dollars.
  2. Will you actually believe them and whichever PR mouthpiece they hire this time? The previous one told us that velocity was good, that everything was great, and they were having so much fun with the internal build where everything was in progress already.
  3. Will you give them another 7 years of your life since they announce a game is in the works only to be met with a broken tech demo so badly done it has no hope of supporting its own promises? Remember, KSP2 started being worked on in 2017. (Here's the source, because people still keep saying work didn't start 2017).
  4. How removed will the people making the game be from the community and the history of the IP at the time? This time we were lucky to get some modders to step in and do some real work (save for the heating system) on what was a revolving door of a studio. We might not have that luck twice.

So yeah. Unless a hypothetical KSP3 happens to go in the right direction and is somewhat revolutionary at the time it happens to come out, provided I'm still alive, I'm not giving it the time of day.

16 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Will you give them another 7 years [2019 was 5 years ago] of your life

Or, like others, not make video game announcements the centerpiece of your life. I'm not sure who was actively suffering from a lack of development updates, but it's hyperbole to imply those years hurt.

13 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Or, like others, not make video game announcements the centerpiece of your life. I'm not sure who was actively suffering from a lack of development updates, but it's hyperbole to imply those years hurt.

Ah yes, I post a source for the date, and you edit the comment to say something else, and then reply to something I haven't even said which is that those years hurt...

Game development doesn't start at the trailer reveal.

33 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

For someone that is on record as saying they dislike both games, you sure do put a lot of effort into being here and responding to every comment you can.  Are you sure you weren't impacted by announcements and trailers?

I’m with others here. Maybe something this month, more likely July. Then a long, long time of nothing. I do believe Kerbal is dead, but HarvesteR’s ‘sequel’ to KitHack using his custom physics is probably what we are all looking for.