[WIP] Nert's Dev Thread - Current: various updates

Nertea

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, JebTheDestroyer said:

Don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I've been wondering for a while.  Is your name pronounced (ner-tee) or (ner-tee-uh)? @Nertea

And is it NER-tee, ner-TEE, NER-tee-ah, or even NEAR-tee, etc??  Inquiring minds...probably have better things to do :P.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2022 at 6:20 AM, Nertea said:

Evaluating the dev version is fairly useful to me.

Sorry if the question is stupid, but where can it be found? I searched NFE github, but it only contains current version with latest contributions long ago. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have updated the development branch of Near Future Electrical to be pretty close to a release candidate, so opinions are welcome

Notes:

• This has a fair slew of balance and tuning updates. As a noteable point, most reactors now have a considerably increased lifetime (25 kerbal years)
  • You need SH 0.7.3+ because it has UI updates
  • Ancillary tuning like costs, tech nodes, etc are not really done

8 hours ago, Nertea said:

I have updated the development branch of Near Future Electrical to be pretty close to a release candidate, so opinions are welcome

Notes:

• This has a fair slew of balance and tuning updates. As a noteable point, most reactors now have a considerably increased lifetime (25 kerbal years)

recently noticed your mods being updated again, great to see you back.

I'd also like to ask where can i find this dev branch (if it's even open for normal people)

On 8/22/2024 at 8:21 PM, Nertea said:

Notes:

1- Well 25 years is much more reasonable, i accidentally find out that many Small modular reactors (SMRs) has lifetime about 2.5x longer than convencional reactors due the simplicity of their design.

2- What is SH?  :P duh!

3- Thats fine for me, it is better to maintain all the coherence possible between savegames

Edited by Ariel Kerman

Updates to dev version

• Appropriately deprecated/re-added the nuclear fuel containers and ore processor so the part modules can be adjusted
  • Tuned and balanced the RTG set - they should be release-ready now
  • Adjusted many 3rd party partches to work correctly

Remaining todo

• Cost and tech tree tuning for the new reactors
  • Testing and tuning the fairing ejection module
  • Some SystemHeat adjustments so the various Extras patches work ok
  •  The USI 3rd party patch :valcry:
  • Many testings

6 hours ago, IBIS-CELL said:

Good afternoon, I would like to be interested. Will there be an update for the Near Future Construction mod?

What exactly are you looking for?  It was last updated in August so perhaps you should read the last page of this topic.