zOcSk6O.png

Bonus Proton Centaur "Stumpy" and Proton Centaur "Calliope"
uEFSPIo.png
6Ib5sdv.png
IQ9c1cR.png
PA7gz2r.png

21 hours ago, Socowez said:

Glad you're back and all, but don't burn yourself out, geez :o

I am black as charcoal and smouldering, a heap.

I was fortunate to receive some really good reference material (thank you, you know who you are) - so, the first stage can be much more accurate. Hopefully some really cool stuff coming up! :)

VNkwjUg.pngQyJWNzs.png

3 hours ago, Beale said:

I was fortunate to receive some really good reference material (thank you, you know who you are) - so, the first stage can be much more accurate. Hopefully some really cool stuff coming up! :)

Are those boosters on the side?  You know what, the CIA just called and say yes they are most definitely boosters and not a compromise to fit the stage on a train!

42 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

I forgot I was addicted to Delta boosters as well...

This is physically painful to look at.

Spoiler

But then again, I'm not innocent either (see spoiler for shameless self-promotion)

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Beale said:

VNkwjUg.pngQyJWNzs.png

Just remove 3 of those external tanks and we have UR-700 2nd stage :D.

4 hours ago, hugoraider said:

Just remove 3 of those external tanks and we have UR-700 2nd stage :D.

Unfortunately not gonna be super possible I think, I'll see what I can do. Would be nice to throw the paper rocket fans a bone. :P

The things

W7W6CDj.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Beale said:

Unfortunately not gonna be super possible I think, I'll see what I can do. Would be nice to throw the paper rocket fans a bone. :P

The things

W7W6CDj.png

Nice! Hope you'll figure out how to make it work :D.

Edited by hugoraider

While Beale was busy working on the Proton (Which is looking amazing!)  I've been busy revamping the Soyuz parts (With a lot of help from a bunch of nice people :D)

Here's how it's going so far:
9u3Pmt8.png

I'm aware i'm pretty much an unknown person here in the forums, but I hope you all like my little contribution.
:cool:

2 minutes ago, CardZLol said:

While Beale was busy working on the Proton (Which is looking amazing!)  I've been busy revamping the Soyuz parts (With a lot of help from a bunch of nice people :D)

I'm aware i'm pretty much an unknown person here in the forums, but I hope you all like my little contribution.

Incredible work! And very exciting to see a talented addition to what is now the Tantares Team :cool:

6 minutes ago, CardZLol said:

9u3Pmt8.png

This is some of the nicest work I've seen coming out of the KSP modding scene right now. We are so barack kerbros. Amazing job on the recent stuff you two!!!

5 hours ago, Beale said:

Can you blame us? It's the most kerbal rocket ever conceived

30 minutes ago, CardZLol said:

9u3Pmt8.png

oh my god

IT'S HAPPENING

36 minutes ago, CardZLol said:

9u3Pmt8.png

Hell. yes. incredible work!!

1 hour ago, CardZLol said:

9u3Pmt8.png

oh my... :0.0:

2 hours ago, CardZLol said:

9u3Pmt8.png

Wow, y'all have my attention (not that you didn't before).

On one hand, these look beautiful. On the other, I'm dreading having to redo all my soyuz derived monstrositi-I mean totally normal rockets that aren't ungodly combinations with BDB's parts...

Also since we're on the subject, are you planning on adding parts to make other R7/Soyuz variants? I recall there being a variant that is just the core with different engines (unless that's already in the mod).

42 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Wow, y'all have my attention (not that you didn't before).

On one hand, these look beautiful. On the other, I'm dreading having to redo all my soyuz derived monstrositi-I mean totally normal rockets that aren't ungodly combinations with BDB's parts...

Also since we're on the subject, are you planning on adding parts to make other R7/Soyuz variants? I recall there being a variant that is just the core with different engines (unless that's already in the mod).

I plan on making most of the "standard" r7 variants; Sputnik, Vostok, Luna, 2.1B and 2.1V (Which is the one you mentioned)
For the time being, i'm focusing on the normal Soyuz, but i'm working with the other variants in mind too.

5 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

All this new Tantares and BDB activity is a welcome ray of sunshine. It's nice to read good KSP news. Thank you.

KSP 1 modders right now:

What movie one-liner best summarises the entire movie? - Quora

5 hours ago, CardZLol said:

I plan on making most of the "standard" r7 variants; Sputnik, Vostok, Luna, 2.1B and 2.1V (Which is the one you mentioned)
For the time being, i'm focusing on the normal Soyuz, but i'm working with the other variants in mind too.

2.1V, that was it. I actually remembered I tried to remake it in KSP. I couldn't get it quite right, but I made two versions.
The 2.1W, which is powered by an NK33 and made use of some BDB fuel tanks.
SLooXDU.png
And the 2.3V, which makes use of one of the engines from @Nertea's parts packs.
yTnLgmY.png

5 hours ago, CardZLol said:

Wait you're making 2.1v as well??? :o

9 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

2.1V, that was it. I actually remembered I tried to remake it in KSP. I couldn't get it quite right, but I made two versions.
The 2.1W, which is powered by an NK33 and made use of some BDB fuel tanks.
SLooXDU.png
And the 2.3V, which makes use of one of the engines from @Nertea's parts packs.
yTnLgmY.png

2.1V's taper is really awkward to get right in ksp, but hopefully should be easier with the new diameter.

14 hours ago, Minmus Taster said:

KSP 1 modders right now:

What movie one-liner best summarises the entire movie? - Quora

Even with the current update progression... it'd be years before the modding scene was robust enough

I really don't know the reasons why people wanted to transition so quickly to KSP2.