Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

On 4/27/2019 at 1:41 PM, Claw said:

Bananamonde!

Wow he's still alive!

Uhh need a question.... Any of the moderators have pets?

Edited by qzgy

56 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Uhh need a question.... Any of the moderators have pets?

It has to be about the forum. :mad:

I had a Flat-Coated Retriever. And I have a younger brother.

Edited by Dman979
Added words.

On 4/17/2019 at 9:24 PM, 5thHorseman said:

How about a number that tells how many spoilers they nested? Then we know to just keep walking by.

The problem is that Squad doesn't actually write the forum software; it's a third-party product, so the forum is pretty much limited to what Invision chooses to put in there.  So the answer to "hey, could we have a forum feature that does X" questions will usually be "sorry, no".

(Squad does have some leeway to turn the configurable knobs that the software vendor chose to put in there-- e.g. "who's a moderator" or "how many posts does a newbie need to make until they're out of the queue", that sort of thing.  But that's just tuning stuff, not implementing new features.)

16 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Do any of the moderators pets ever use the forum? :sticktongue:

Not anymore.  Banned for consistently going off-topic, and excessive re-posting.  (No, I'm sorry, "woof" is not an appropriate answer to "how much dV do I need to land on the Mun".)

4 hours ago, Nightside said:

Why can’t I see this thread on mobile (multiple browsers)?

No idea why you're having issues.  Shows up just fine on my phone.

16 hours ago, Messier said:

Do any of you guys actually know each other in real life? I know that most of you are spread out across the world but surely there has to be some mods that have met each other before.

Being one of the new guys, I can't say for sure, but I think a couple have met up.   And of course, there's standing offers of "If you're ever out this way....." 

What determines if a post is taken down, especially if it is REALLY borderline ok? 

How much of a problem it creates for the forum, and group discussion if it's marginal. 

What do you have to do to be physically IP-banned from the forums? 

IP banning is a blunt instrument. We've only done it a couple of times, in response to DOS attacks and such. Otherwise there's too much risk of affecting innocent parties. 

4 minutes ago, JERONIMO said:

how much times did you have to ban someone from the forums, only to find that they created a new account?

p.s. it has the word forum so it's related

Once or twice. Not very often.