Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

3 minutes ago, Dman979 said:

While I'm sure you're correct about Google and Yahoo using spiders, the majority of online users for those days were real people. I saw the number of logged-in users rise, as well as seeing a spike in registrations, too.

The spiders usually look for new pages or connections to other pages.   So a rise in normal forum traffic usually means a rise in spider traffic too after the first couple spiders notice an increase in new pages. 

Whats "Solved count" in reputation? i've seen the regular reputation plus sign but also a check mark next to its saying "Members resolved count" on certain people posts, what is that?

Edited by Souptime

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

The Gameplay Questions subforum is in that Question/Answer format, where the Asker can mark replies as 'Best Answer'.  That counter is how many of your Question 'Answers' have been marked as 'Best Answer'.

does this include your own posts that you marked your posts as the best answer? 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Souptime said:

Can mods check through forum messages? like i message dunamaniac "Youre a stinky poo head" and he replies "Oh" would you be able to see that?

Private messages actually are private, with two exceptions necessitated by our need to protect members from vebral abuse and whatnot. If one of the people in the exchange reports it to the moderators, we can read the entire exchange. Also, forum admins could access them without being invited in this way, but I am aware of no occasions where any of us have used that access. 

6 hours ago, cubinator said:

Do you think that Imgur album embedding will ever be possible again? That was a nice feature in Ye Olden Days.

Some of our moderators were able to find workarounds and kludges that made the albums work, but Imgur updates always broke them again. It's not likely to be restored again unless something fundamental changes at Imgur, in our software, or both. 

9 hours ago, cubinator said:

Do you think that Imgur album embedding will ever be possible again? That was a nice feature in Ye Olden Days.

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Some of our moderators were able to find workarounds and kludges that made the albums work, but Imgur updates always broke them again. It's not likely to be restored again unless something fundamental changes at Imgur, in our software, or both. 

Translation: Not SoonTM

On 11/26/2020 at 10:26 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

Linkageless's post is marked as 'hidden'. What does this mean? Is it some kind of setting? Am I meant to see this?

You didn't see anything.

Spoiler

tumblr_npkbsnbRvy1qfr6udo6_500.gifv

On 11/27/2020 at 12:25 AM, Gargamel said:

It appears to have been a very isolated bug with the forum formatting.   All fixed now. 

You see?

Edited by kerbiloid

Why have the mods closed the "spam topics". they had so much beauty and splendor. OOoohhhh i feeel a song coming on.

Short version of  "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" by Andy Williams

Oh, its the most wonderful thing of the forums!

There be much spamming clicking

And Forums will be bursting

So be a good cheer

And open, open, open

the Spam Toooooopics

There be marshmallows for toasting

and Memes for roasting

and so much more spam clicking

there be heartwarming stories and tales of the glories

from spam clickers 

ITS THE MOST WONDERFUL THING

OON  THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So plz open "do not click this". i miss all the Spam and Wham!

On 11/28/2020 at 6:30 PM, Souptime said:

Can mods check through forum messages? like i message dunamaniac "Youre a stinky poo head" and he replies "Oh" would you be able to see that?

Stinky poo head? you a stinky poo head

TIME 4 SUM BACKLASH

y u so mean? i no like u! you are nfuorfjeriunfneslfnuerfvnfsidlfjeuergkhvnfdsilgnvfe rhkgb, bobby, billy, boop!*

Question: What's a question?

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

17 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I know there was at a point where the dislike button was being tested. So I was curious is there any plans to try that again?

No.

The only time the dislike button has appeared in my 3 1/2 years here was an April Fools joke, and clicking on it was no different than clicking the Like button.  It wasn't actually being tested.  This forum will never have a dislike button.

1 minute ago, Geonovast said:

No.

The only time the dislike button has appeared in my 3 1/2 years here was an April Fools joke, and clicking on it was no different than clicking the Like button.  It wasn't actually being tested.  This forum will never have a dislike button.

NOICE

On 11/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Vanamonde said:

Private messages actually are private, with two exceptions necessitated by our need to protect members from vebral abuse and whatnot. If one of the people in the exchange reports it to the moderators, we can read the entire exchange. Also, forum admins could access them without being invited in this way, but I am aware of no occasions where any of us have used that access. 

Also if you have prolems with something on your info and you ask a mod about it, they can send it to the forum devs and they can see as well.

This thread is not particularly abused, but it is one we'd like to reserve for informational purposes rather than entertainment. 

As for the pings, they seem to be issued in batches, so whether or not the tagged person gets one would seem to be a matter of timing. If it's removed before the batch is sent, he/she would not. 

Now guys, I've had to remove some posts for being off-topic, the very thing we were just discussing. Let's move on, please. 

7 hours ago, Misguided Kerbal said:

Can you see how different people rate a topic?

There might be a way, but I don't think so, not like you can see who has "liked" a post.   Thread ratings aren't really a thing on these forums anyways. 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Souptime said:

isnt it a little ironic that no one under 13 is allowed to have an account, yet unsuitable content for children isnt allowed either?

1. It's not against the rules for people under the age of 13 to have an account, it's just against the rules for them to reveal their age.

2. You don't need an account to view the forums.