[1.12.x] Editor Extensions Redux released (with SelectRoot merge. StripSymmetry & NoOffsetLimits)

linuxgurugamer

Just now, Tarheel1999 said:

@Majorjim! I'm not really sure what to say.  Dafni has now made multiple comments about the horizontal and vertical snap not working. I was responding to that and even quoted his comments about H and V not snapping properly. 

Sorry I misunderstood. @Dafni Can you confirm or anyone else for that matter that LOCAL offset mode for a rotated part is broken?

Please everyone, let's calm down.

@Majorjim! you've given some good examples. 

@Tarheel1999, your comment is also interesting about it being already close to centered 

I'll be looking into this when I get home, on a clean install.

All comments are good.  

@Majorjim! I would appreciate a copy of your output_log.txt, if you can get it here in the next few hours.

Thanks

6 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please everyone, let's calm down.

@Majorjim! you've given some good examples. 

@Tarheel1999, your comment is also interesting about it being already close to centered 

I'll be looking into this when I get home, on a clean install.

All comments are good.  

@Majorjim! I would appreciate a copy of your output_log.txt, if you can get it here in the next few hours.

Thanks

I don't know how to do that.. If you have KSP open you can see that it is not working by rotating a part then trying local offset with the move tool. The rotate seems to work fine. Thanks for the help so far.

15 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I would appreciate a copy of your output_log.txt, if you can get it here in the next few hours.

Thanks

never mind I found it. How can I send it though?

3 minutes ago, Nori said:

Anyone else having this issue? The menu is stuck only about halfway up and I can't move it around at all. It seems to be some sort of conflict with another mod as I don't see this issue with only EE installed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ygrzt1osvbhi4q/KSP.log?dl=0

byz6z6l.png

Update, it was a bug

7 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

OK thanks man. If anyone else wants to try it, it would be much appreciated. Cheers all!

Sorry, but I didnt get a chance to go back to KSP yesterday. Maybe tonight? Lets see how the new update behaves.

On 2/11/2016 at 2:54 AM, Rodger said:

I'll have a go, though I'll try it with just stock+EER and see if it even still happens then first.

Edit: Looks like it's just not working at all in 1.2.1, which was just released. The app launcher button doesn't open on mouseover, and the angle snap and symmetry keys don't do anything, though you can click them to cycle through the vanilla options (and I checked the keybindings, they're still set properly).

Hello. I am running last versions of EER and KSP. Namely EER 3.3.6 and KSP 1.2 and I am getting the very same behavior of the quoted user. Is it intended? In the setting menu I don't have any option for the X and C keys.

3 minutes ago, LastStarDust said:

Hello. I am running last versions of EER and KSP. Namely EER 3.3.6 and KSP 1.2 and I am getting the very same behavior of the quoted user. Is it intended? In the setting menu I don't have any option for the X and C keys.

You need to rebind the keys. 

1 hour ago, LastStarDust said:

You are right. In a fresh install of KSP 1.2 with only EER 3.3.6 installed the x and c keys are working flawlessly.

Anyway how do I rebind them? I see no option in the settings ...

Settings in main menu->Input->Game, bottom of left column ->"Editor" section, you will see 2 bindings with "none" key assigned.

Edited by Warro

Can someone do me a favor to trouble shoot an issue I am having? @GusTurbo @Yukon0009 @katateochi @mad rocket scientist? Why doesn't name link work now..?

Can someone with 1.2.1 and EER take a small science part, place it then rotate it with the rotate tool and then select local offset mode? If I am correct the XYZ arrows will be giving incorrect information.

Thanks all! A thousand rep for any reply. :D

Edited by Majorjim!

@Majorjim! changing modes after rotating does not work but I'm not sure this is really an issue as you typically only work in one mode. Also, have you tested whether you can do this is a pure stock install?  This could simply be a stock issue. 

So I am correct that local offset after rotation does not give correct information? Thanks for testing man. I assure you that being able to select local offset after rotation is essential for easy building. :) Testing in a stock install now.

have you tested whether you can do this is a pure stock install?

Ok chaps, this is almost certainly a EER bug as local offset works perfectly in stock. :)

@linuxgurugamer can you also confirm this behavior? :wink:

Edited by Majorjim!

4 minutes ago, Tarheel1999 said:

@linuxgurugamer if you would like log files concerning the offset/rotation issue, I can provide them to you later today. 

No need, I've been able to replicate this problem.

It looks like it's keeping the original placement, so when you go local, it uses that.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

Can someone do me a favor to trouble shoot an issue I am having? @GusTurbo @Yukon0009 @katateochi @mad rocket scientist? Why doesn't name link work now..?

Can someone with 1.2.1 and EER take a small science part, place it then rotate it with the rotate tool and then select local offset mode? If I am correct the XYZ arrows will be giving incorrect information.

Thanks all! A thousand rep for any reply. :D

I might be a bit late to the party now, but I can confirm this. A rotated part gives incorrect translation axes in local mode.

If there was any dispute, I´m glad I missed it.

Thanks to @Majorjim! for bughunting this great mod like a fox, and of course thanks to @linuxgurugamer for creating and maintaining it

New version released: 3.3.7.  Please note that the Fine Adjust is still here

• Added code to toggle no offset limit to settings window
  • Fixed code for toggling the no offset Limit
  • Added automatic updating of AssemblyVersion, from the .version file, displayed in the Settings window
  • Removed extra set of configs for the Reflection offsets
  • Fixed bug with local offset vs absolute offset;  Code was not using the local setting, was always using the absolute setting

As always, report any bugs WITH THE LOG FILE.  If the log file does not indicate the current version of the mod (see below), I will not do anything until the proper log file is provided.

The log file will now contain the version of the mod, to make it easier to debug and identify which version is being used.  

KSP lists all DLLs, and the line will look like this:

EditorExtensionsRedux v3.3.7.0

ModuleManager will report it like this:

EditorExtensionsRedux v3.3.6.0                   SHA256 b8107b47a3eaad2e38d6b9674eca203718400dab7f7fd3ebe5f37c57df5b4edd

Please note that the only way to disable logging is to add the following parameter to the command you use to start the game:

-nolog

If you are not getting a current log, and you are positive you are in the correct directory, then you must check how you are starting the game.