[1.12.x] [BG] HabTech2 | Stockalike ISS Parts | 1.0.0 - The Final Update

benjee10

Been a while since I have posted some screen Tax here.   Started another "Alternative" ISS with HABTECH.  

This is a Skylab B derived core.  Hope you like

6bICjUK.jpg

Spoiler

q5KMVxX.jpg

kLDMuoj.jpg

As you can see from the above construction views, I am using rockets to bring payloads up because robotics in stock physics of KSP are stupid.   So mostly flying on BDB Saturn II-INT18s with 5x UA1206,1207 or 1208s depending on payload.    Also flying on CH4 powered Titan V (titan LDC) and small parts on Delta HOSS.

Docking ports include Apollo Probe/drogue, Gemini Nose dock, MOL 1.875m docks (both types) APAS, CADS, and CBM.   The latter is the least used other than the single Gemni nose dock

I am practicing a clean space playthrough so no debris may remain in orbit...  Note the Laprey like Agena attached via THE CLAW to this SAturn II MS-II stage

qHpY1c9.jpg

In this case I was able to recover the Agena... sans the SOT tanks.   The MS-II did burn up.

KH7vowW.jpgFirst crew vehicle arrives... a Big Gemini with repair materials for the broken Radiator array.

YzQUmXI.jpg

Current state above,   The UDM module (a Bigger Zvezda) is docked and the broken main radiator has all but one fin repaired (awaiting resupply to finish repairs)

All in all I am happy with how this station is going. the new BDB CADS ports are a little bigger than the CBM ports of Habtech but give the little extra space (they are thicker) that I need to pull off some parts.

I will end with a picture of a failed launch....    My Habitation section was launched to LKO orbit... but could never attain station keeping with the space station ( a bug in COM or RCS I believe.)   It tumbled every time I tried to do a rendezvous burn.

Again on a Saturn II INT-18:

YBREoHu.jpg

for the discerning eye.  YEs the tug is a stretched with CRE tanks, Vega  The 1960s US one, not the upstart SRM one :D 

Kidding about the "Upstart" comment.   Frustrating how I can type "1960 NASA VEGA" in quotes in a search engine and get lots of links about the 2000s ESA one :D

Edited by Pappystein

On 10/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, MashAndBangers said:

So Benjee, have you had free time and interest to make progress on your mods, or is life still busy?  Do not worry, comrade, I am not impatient, just curious.  I hope  you're doing well!

This question but today?

Hello,

I managed to put the destiny lab into orbit, hook up the S0 Truss and I'm trying to hook up the P1 Truss. I must have made a mistake in the direction of the mooring pieces because the module tries to dock upside down
I use this part to dock the parts
jicr.jpg

Can someone tell me which way these pieces go or show me how to put them the right way ?

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Llinqs

@Llinqs I think I found your problem. It looks like you are using the wrong part. It is either from an older version of Habtech or a different mod. Here is a picture of the part you should be using. 

I hope this fixes your issue :)

uYC6Gt1.png

@davide96 Oh snap :o

What version of KSP are you on? I seem to recall this bug happening in 1.10. Benjee will know more, you may need to provide your logs.

8 hours ago, lemon cup said:

@Llinqs I think I found your problem. It looks like you are using the wrong part. It is either from an older version of Habtech or a different mod. Here is a picture of the part you should be using. 

I hope this fixes your issue :)

uYC6Gt1.png

@davide96 Oh snap :o

What version of KSP are you on? I seem to recall this bug happening in 1.10. Benjee will know more, you may need to provide your logs.

hi, thanks for answering, I have the problem only with solar panels, but I noticed that in your screen you have more parts than me, what mod or mods are you using? habtech or habtech2??

15 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

@davide96Thats Habtech2 but from github. There are some new/revamped parts. As far as I know the solar panel there is fixed. Look to page 58.

hi I have downloaded from gitub but it's the version  0.2.5 the only one available from 25 Jun 2021, but i don't have the revamped parts

1 hour ago, davide96 said:

hi I have downloaded from gitub but it's the version  0.2.5 the only one available from 25 Jun 2021, but i don't have the revamped parts

I don't think that was fixed, it was still occurring for some ppl. I think not using autostruts helps in some cases.

As I understood it, it might only be solved with the revamp Benjee is working on.

7 minutes ago, chris-kerbal said:

I don't think that was fixed, it was still occurring for some ppl. I think not using autostruts helps in some cases.

As I understood it, it might only be solved with the revamp Benjee is working on.

Is there a way to download the revamped version as a pre-release?

1 minute ago, davide96 said:

And if i want attach the solar panels in space, how can I guide the panels in their position?, with the help of what? There's no canadarm/kerboarm compatible with the version 1.12.2, and I find that htrobotics it's very wobbly 

8 minutes ago, davide96 said:

And if i want attach the solar panels in space, how can I guide the panels in their position?, with the help of what? There's no canadarm/kerboarm compatible with the version 1.12.2, and I find that htrobotics it's very wobbly 

The revamped solar arrays aren't available yet, but you can try out the rest of the in-development parts & revamps by downloading the code on the GitHub page (rather than downloading the release .zip). 

As for attaching parts together in space, that's an exercise left up to the reader ;) 
Best bet is take it veeeery slow with robotics, or use a tug with a grabbing unit. A certain other mod has a vehicle that would work quite nicely...

11 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

The revamped solar arrays aren't available yet, but you can try out the rest of the in-development parts & revamps by downloading the code on the GitHub page (rather than downloading the release .zip). 

As for attaching parts together in space, that's an exercise left up to the reader ;) 
Best bet is take it veeeery slow with robotics, or use a tug with a grabbing unit. A certain other mod has a vehicle that would work quite nicely...

"As for attaching parts together in space, that's an exercise left up to the reader"

I didn't understand that part.

Sorry

9 minutes ago, davide96 said:

"As for attaching parts together in space, that's an exercise left up to the reader"

I didn't understand that part.

Sorry

"that's an exercise left up to the reader" is a common sentence in academic works meaning "there are many ways to solve this, and you will learn more by doing it yourself than if I told you just one way to do it".

This topic isn't really the right place for a tutorial on assembling spacestations; there are discussions in Gameplay Questions and Tutorials on that topic, and you can see a few ways people have done that by reading through Missions Reports.

Good luck!

P.S. Try benjee10's mod that he linked to, it has a nifty utility vehicle which looks good for grabbing station parts and shoving them in position.

Edited by softweir
Afterthought

On 11/24/2021 at 3:28 PM, benjee10 said:

:o And my brain thought the easiest way would be to put it on a hinge in the space shuttle bay and then have a completely lopsided shuttle manoeuvring.... 

On 11/25/2021 at 1:31 PM, chris-kerbal said:

:o And my brain thought the easiest way would be to put it on a hinge in the space shuttle bay and then have a completely lopsided shuttle manoeuvring.... 

I launch all these Parts on Titan V CH4 Rockets (thanks to BDB and Rocket Motor Menagerie)  Can't stand how robits work in KSP be it IR or stock.   And that eliminates shuttles for me.   on big truss pieces I sometimes have a small Mono+GCU+RCS "cap" to go with the Transtage I am using as my positioning tug.  So I literally have a baby "nose guidance" tug and the main tug behind the payload.   Just before docking (I use Mechjeb to autopilot into position but hold off by 50m.  Then I remove the cap and ease the truss on in.     I have done 100% of this ISS in the manor described (including the Russian Segment parts)

YzQUmXI.jpg

Yes that is the never flown UDM approaching the Russian segment in this shot.   I have a blown out radiator that is in the middle of being fixed by the crew onboard (next resupply mission will carry enough repair parts to finish it!)

Oh and yes that IS Skylab forming the core of the station under the trusses!