[1.2.2] Through The Eyes Of A Kerbal (1st person EVA) continued [1.1.1] (Apr 1, 2017)

Ser

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Enceos said:

@Ser Have you investigated a possibility to enable first person view when sitting in a command seat?

Not yet. I think some time will pass till I'll be able to take a look at this, because of... campaign reasons.

26 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I take it this is running in 1.2.1 as well? :)

Both 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. As soon as I have some spare time I'll update compatibility info on Spacedock => CKAN.

5 minutes ago, Ser said:

Both 1.2.1 and 1.2.2. As soon as I have some spare time I'll update compatibility info on Spacedock => CKAN.

Great! :D I don't use CKAN but I noticed that spacedock was listing this as 1.2.1. I was assuming it would still run though.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

On 2016-12-15 at 1:37 AM, Enceos said:

@Ser Have you investigated a possibility to enable first person view when sitting in a command seat?

On 2016-12-15 at 4:36 AM, Ser said:

Not yet. I think some time will pass till I'll be able to take a look at this, because of... campaign reasons.

With able help from @GFX5000i, @linuxgurugamer has a new version of Take Command out, so craft with just the External Command Seat and no other pod can be designed, launched, and used.  Perhaps they might have some ideas about External Command Seat First Person View ?  Maybe the RPM & IVA experts, @MOARdV, @alexustas, @DeputyLOL ?

Kind of have to give the seat an IVA with a pseudo-INTERNAL that dishes up the view this mod gives, with the seat and its craft added in.

• 2 months later...

A user, @dlrk reported an error on the FMRS thread which he traced to this mod, you can see the problem here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9kg7lq7vz3zuyi5/Kerbal Space Program 03.06.2017 - 22.44.27.01.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qid50jqqc8q22c4/output_log.txt?dl=0

Bug at 5:46

When I'm flying the returning stage, the view gets apparently unfocused (changing view does nothing, nor does to attempting look around with mouse or arrow keys) and rotated 90 degrees

Anybody know what's going on here?

To provide some more specific replication steps:

Launch a two-stage rocket with a crewed pod on the second stage and a first stage capable of a fly-back to KSC and powered landing (it's possible this bug also occurs without having to fly back to KSC, but I didn't test that, so I'm describing what I know triggers the bug). Once in space, stage and switch to the first stage and attempt a fly back to KSC. Once near the ground and/or far from the crewed second stage, you will lose control of the camera, which will be at a 90-degree angle relative to the stage. You can still control the stage. The F3 log shows that the kerbals in the second stage have died.

I looked at the code.  I think the problem may be in FirstPersonEVA.cs, in the 

void resetCamera()

at line 119.

It doesn't check to see if the current vessel is the kerbal, so when a kerbal dies, the camera gets reset.

Probably adding something like the following would help:

if (!FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.isEVA)
	return;

at the beginning of that function would help, or maybe adding it to the code at line 141.  Change the following:

GameEvents.onCrewKilled.Add((v) =>
{
	resetCamera();
});

to:

{

if (FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.isEVA)
	    resetCamera();
});

Edited by linuxgurugamer

27 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I looked at the code.  I think the problem may be in FirstPersonEVA.cs, in the 

void resetCamera()

at line 119.

It doesn't check to see if the current vessel is the kerbal, so when a kerbal dies, the camera gets reset.

Probably adding something like the following would help:

if (!FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.isEVA)
	return;

at the beginning of that function would help, or maybe adding it to the code at line 141.  Change the following:

{
	resetCamera();
});

to:

{

if (FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.isEVA)
	    resetCamera();
});

There's something else going on as well. Even if I hyperedited the crewed portion into a stable orbit, the view still got screwed up and the second stage and the kerbals were shown as dead in F3. So, something is killing the kerbals, I'd guess when the vessel is unloaded

6 minutes ago, dlrk said:

There's something else going on as well. Even if I hyperedited the crewed portion into a stable orbit, the view still got screwed up and the second stage and the kerbals were shown as dead in F3. So, something is killing the kerbals, I'd guess when the vessel is unloaded

If this mod is removed, do the kerbals still die?

I'll check again when I'm at my PC, but IIRC, the F3 log does not show kerbals as being killed (or mention them at all) w/o this mod. Perhaps this mod is keeping the kerbals active in KSP, so that when the vessel is unloaded, the kerbals die?

@dlrk Fix for the cam issue is available on Spacedock. I've tried to hyperedit the kerballed second stage's orbit and hadn't any of kerbals killed. So try this one and feel free to report if you run into any old or new issues.

1 hour ago, Fenixs said:

hi.... i drop the file on gamedata folder... on plugindata folder..but no work..... press "C" key but nothing...i need another mod to work?   pls help me   thx

So you have ThroughTheEyes folder in your Gamedata and it still doesn't work? If so after trying to switch to the first peson upload your KSP.log file somewhere I can get it.

Edited by Ser

now work ¡¡¡   i have duplicate a gamedata folder by error.... work fine   thx     

a question.... the view is very trembling, why?

Edited by Fenixs

13 hours ago, Fenixs said:

a question.... the view is very trembling, why?

It should tremble only when walking/running on a surface, is it so? Initially the camera worked as in usual chase view always looking in certain direction so there wasn't any tremble but that caused a falling (or EVA-ing in space) and rotating kerbal to rotate around a fixed first person camera. To fix that I had to bind the camera to the kerbal's origin for the camera always rotated together with kerbal. As a side effect the camera's angles now change according to body movement when walking/running animation is played. I've tried to fix that somehow but KSP cameras are a little hell to work with, so it's on my yet long TODO list.

Edited by Ser

• 2 weeks later...

Either I am retarded or this mod is full of bugs (Which is fine, I just need a workaround for them). This is a must have mod for me right now, but unfortunately I cannot properly use it. There are couple of bugs that I have noticed. First one, when sight angle ticks (or whatever they are called) are enabled in config file, you can't interact with vessel or right-click on anything, but this bug is fine I can live without angle ticks. Second bug is, when I have force-eva enabled and am preforming eva, if I go to map view and then go back, it like glitches out and I am looking at my kerbal from far behind, locked to his back, but this can be fixed by switching vessels etc (It also happens if you press C for some reason, even though I changed the button to switch first-person view to B) Second bug which makes this unplayable (or maybe it's not a bug and I am a retard) but I cannot seem to switch between kerbals in a ship, while in iva view? Oh and I also can't figure out how to recover a vessel while in iva view (I know this can be done from tracking station, but eh.) Any help would be appreciated a lot!!

On 25.03.2017 at 7:25 AM, adsffm said:

First one, when sight angle ticks (or whatever they are called) are enabled in config file, you can't interact with vessel or right-click on anything, but this bug is fine I can live without angle ticks. Second bug is, when I have force-eva enabled and am preforming eva, if I go to map view and then go back, it like glitches out and I am looking at my kerbal from far behind, locked to his back, but this can be fixed by switching vessels etc (It also happens if you press C for some reason, even though I changed the button to switch first-person view to B) Second bug which makes this unplayable (or maybe it's not a bug and I am a retard) but I cannot seem to switch between kerbals in a ship, while in iva view? Oh and I also can't figure out how to recover a vessel while in iva view (I know this can be done from tracking station, but eh.) Any help would be appreciated a lot!!

Thanks for the bug report. I don't use the forceIVA option so wasn't aware of them. I've reproduced all those issues except for the one when a kerbal on EVA can't interact with parts from 1st person view. I've tried to attach a goo container to a pod and the kerbal successfully activated right click menu and interacted with it if standed close enough, with ticks enabled. So please provide more details and exact reproduction steps.