How to rep "farm".

3 hours ago, dundun93 said:

I need to get 1000 rep. I'll post a craft and give it to anyone who likes it.

Why, is there a prize?

All you're doing is presenting yourself as an attention grabber, and you'll find you'll get the opposite result of the one you want.

1 hour ago, 5thHorseman said:

I thought posts in the Lounge didn't count for forum stats, including rep points.

That's what I thought too...

Well, along with a couple other posts today, there's the first member to make my ignore list. 

(And I reread the rules to make sure that comment wasn't breaking them, while realizing this thread could be violating one of them, but I say that without intending to violate 3.2, just an observation, not a complaint )

6 hours ago, Nuke said:

rep systems are bogus anyway. i get more likes when i make stupid comments than i ever do when i say something well thought out or constructive. 

I could not say it better. Boy, I couldn't.

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Well, along with a couple other posts today, there's the first member to make my ignore list. 

I managed to put two there on my very first thread. You need to have some kind of talent for these things, it appears to me....

Edited by Lisias
need to say? =P

22 hours ago, cubinator said:

Getting a message about why someone appreciates the content you posted, in my experience, is significantly nicer than seeing a number increment by +1.

There. I just gave you +1 :D

10 hours ago, Gargamel said:

(And I reread the rules to make sure that comment wasn't breaking them, while realizing this thread could be violating one of them, but I say that without intending to violate 3.2, just an observation, not a complaint )

Who'd you ignore? Did I make you that mad? :blush:

11 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Who'd you ignore? Did I make you that mad?

A kind of sophism. If yes - how could he read this to answer?
So, the answer is always "no".

P.S.
Btw does the ignoring hide earlier posts?

Edited by kerbiloid

3 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

A kind of sophism. If yes - how could he read this to answer?
So, the answer is always "no". 

Oh, I know... I am really just messing with his mind, as I often do on the forum to folks I consider as cyber-friends.

4 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

P.S.
Btw does the ignoring hide earlier posts?

It should. At least that is how I understand it to work. But I bet @Dman979 will tell us for sure...

There is this cool game called 'real life', if you get the $2 DLC, it comes with a ball.

In this game you can gain alot of reputation by saving someones life and being productive, try it!

Spoiler

Its just a clever joke, not an insult or attack, don't feel offended! Love you all!

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

There is this cool game called 'real life', if you get the $2 DLC, it comes with a ball.

In this game you can gain alot of reputation by saving someones life and being productive, try it!

The ball DLC is totally worth it, take it from me. Also there's this one level that's really hard to get to but extends the story by 100 billion years, I'm trying to do that.

On 6/3/2018 at 1:07 PM, dundun93 said:

I need to get 1000 rep. I'll post a craft and give it to anyone who likes it.

But why do you need 1000 rep? I happen to have more, but I just diddnt pa attention to rep and it was at 1k when I happened to glance at it 1 day. Just be yourself and dont post exclusively to get rep and before you know it, you'll be there.

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

The topic- let's get back to it, please.

Yes let's get back to the best ways to game the system appear like a better person to anybody who doesn't know better.

I say it's sincerity. Once you learn how to fake that, the rest is easy.

Edited by 5thHorseman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.