A week in... 10% still playing

JoeSchmuckatelli

6 hours ago, Alexoff said:

I have a feeling that these developers don't work without pressure.

You might have a valid point.   We will never know the politics that are going on between T2 and Dev team.   

2 hours ago, Alexoff said:

It's a joke? In the game, the edge of the hangar door is straight, and the ladder of pixels is a bug in the game.

No, silly. Go look at the door up close. It's modeled on the real VAB door. 

ePHDo3s.png

52 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Pssst... I don't think he owns a copy.

Oh man, imagine making a criticism of a "pixel ladder" when you can't even verify it for yourself in the game...

15 minutes ago, regex said:

Oh man, imagine making a criticism of a "pixel ladder" when you can't even verify it for yourself in the game...

It's like leaving a bad Yelp review of a restaurant when you've never eaten there yourself! ;)

33 minutes ago, regex said:

Not to mention that there is a perfectly neat, anti-aliased line under the same angle right next to it. "I see something that looks like a jagged line, so I'm going to claim it's a rendering artifact, even though it doesn't align to the quantization grid and shows up uniquely on this geometry and nothing else."

12 minutes ago, RocketRockington said:

Love seeing the pro KSP2 crowd pounce when someone makes a mistake doubles down on a mistake, arrogantly dismissing people explaining why they're wrong

Fixed that for you.

24 minutes ago, K^2 said:

Fixed that for you.

Lol you're one to talk about arrogance, I'll defer to your expertise on this.  Btw after that shameful post from asdii and your behaviour, I'm done with these forums.  The game speaks for itself at this point and watching KSP2 RUD only has so much entertainment value.

21 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

No, silly. Go look at the door up close. It's modeled on the real VAB door. 

ePHDo3s.png

Well, I seem to have said something stupid with those gates, since I have never been around. But that doesn't mean I've changed my mind. Let's analyze the graphics at maximum settings on my 3070.

w0ZubsN.jpg
Ladders...

Spoiler

Weird pixelations

gejIur7.jpg

opk56RT.jpg

2y2QtHC.jpg

Unity indie horror

6Cdvk86.jpg

It is not visible in the picture, but these are moving streaks of light

GqQbLLJ.jpg

0Dg3ncz.jpg

Layers of the atmosphere

CoKi8LE.jpg

Weird lights

CGiU9tG.jpg

Well, no Kerbol light for us

2oVYUx1.jpg

Well, I can repeat myself - is it worth expecting breakthroughs from developers with such graphics?

21 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Pssst... I don't think he owns a copy.

Of course I don't own a copy! It's the 21st century, only the publisher owns copies of the game, the players own almost nothing!

17 hours ago, RocketRockington said:

I'm done with these forums.  The game speaks for itself at this point and watching KSP2 RUD only has so much entertainment value.

If your definition of "entertainment value" is arguing with the same people over and over again about the same bloody topic: a game that had a terrible launch and is in development limbo... then brother, you should really find better ways to spend your time

The KSP2 section of these forums is essentially at an impasse. Everything that could have been said has been said... to death. There is nothing new to see here. Usually it is the same people arguing with each other and liking each others posts.  A perpetual war of sorts, except unlike Oceania vs Eurasia, it's just a bunch of people on the internet 

18 minutes ago, Dantheollie said:

Usually it is the same people arguing with each other and liking each others posts.  A perpetual war of sorts, except unlike Oceania vs Eurasia, it's just a bunch of people on the internet 

I think this will eventually end. Or people like me will say - oh, yes, I'm already tired, well, how much time can you spend on this! And we will leave this part of the forum, only the most defenders will remain here. Well, or the developers will suddenly say that it was a prank, that here you have a game with multiplayer, performance and bases, as we promised.

7 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Of course I don't own a copy! It's the 21st century, only the publisher owns copies of the game, the players own almost nothing!

I loled at this because I didn’t see this coming but it’s 100% accurate lmao. Not super interested in arguing about the anti-aliasing in KSP 2 beta but I had to thumbs up the comment for this.

Edit: they also own lots of information about you and your hardware, permanently! Gotta love that EULA.

Edited by VlonaldKerman

8 hours ago, Alexoff said:

Ladders...

Oh, no. The shadow map is not blurred! :0.0: Unacceptable! I'm going to complain to the highest authority! I'm going straight to Carmack with this.

People who don't know anything about rendering trying to hunt for visual artifacts is always funny to me. Tell you what, you won't take the word of anyone here. Why don't you find a rendering community somewhere, get them to comment on the screenshots, and ask them if this is something that's total garbage and the devs wasted years of work for nothing, or if this is totally normal for an alpha build of the game. Let us know how that goes.

What a huge mess this development is. I had high hopes for KSP2, but truth to be told, the entire game development is one BIG mess, seeing how things went and are going. How did it ever came this far? Nate said the game was nearly finished in 2021, yet we get a super basic game, full with bugs and performance issues with no content. 

Man... how are they ever getting up to KSP1 standards or even top that game?  Nah.. I don't think they every will reach that level. This is just a studio  (it actually is) that bought the KSP license, trying to copy KSP1, trying to make it better, yet failing miserably.

For the people who still believe in KSP2, I think it's time to wake up. Look how things went the past years, the quotes by Nate and the promises. Doesn't that raise any red flags?

I'm curious how the original team thinks about KSP2 now and how proud they must be on KSP1! :D

Edited by Ferio

15 hours ago, Dantheollie said:

The KSP2 section of these forums is essentially at an impasse. Everything that could have been said has been said... to death. There is nothing new to see here. Usually it is the same people arguing with each other and liking each others posts.

Definitely seems like that lately, especially in the threads that are essentially about the "state of the game." Hopefully we'll start seeing more threads about the content of the game rather than the state with the coming patches.

For me, it's the same with playing the game. I've explored most of the part catalog, built some planes and rovers, sent a vehicle to most celestial bodies. I'll fire up KSP if I'm inspired with some new idea but otherwise, not much to do but wait for a patch to improve stability to enable longer term savegames, more complex missions and bring some new content to explore.

1 minute ago, Lyneira said:

Definitely seems like that lately, especially in the threads that are essentially about the "state of the game." Hopefully we'll start seeing more threads about the content of the game rather than the state with the coming patches.

For me, it's the same with playing the game. I've explored most of the part catalog, built some planes and rovers, sent a vehicle to most celestial bodies. I'll fire up KSP if I'm inspired with some new idea but otherwise, not much to do but wait for a patch to improve stability to enable longer term savegames, more complex missions and bring some new content to explore.

That's the reason why I went back to KSP1, really good mods out there and enjoying it very much. Might check KSP2 back in 6 months to a year or so , for now I don't see the point of playing till we had at least, as you said,  more performance fixes, bug fixes, graphic updates and more content. At the current rate in which they are updating, I think the game might be enjoyable in 2024, but I do wonder if it gets as good or better as KSP1 with mods.

For now I guess I won't checking anything on KSP2 for a long time, hopefully I will be surprised in a couple of months, I still have that hope, but the huge doubts are there.

3 hours ago, Ferio said:

Nate said the game was nearly finished in 2021, yet we get a super basic game, full with bugs and performance issues with no content.

It's even funnier when you realize how little attention this part gets on all the discussion. "bUt It Is A dEcEnt ALphA!" Yeah bro, it wasn't supposed to be, that only changed in october 2022.

On 4/25/2023 at 1:28 PM, cocoscacao said:

All things?

well, all things that need to be patched are problems, right? they should be fixed, not called "features". and yes, that will happen(*cough* kraken drive *cough*).

On 4/25/2023 at 1:54 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

'lack of optimization = small pool of available players

it reminds me of the problems that star citizen had recently with the 3.18 update-there weren't enough playtesters, and they didn't get the data they needed. Except, here, intercept isn"t even gathering data.

In addition, the forums and socials right now are overwhelmingly negative, and i bet that screws with morale.

1 hour ago, PDCWolf said:

It's even funnier when you realize how little attention this part gets on all the discussion. "bUt It Is A dEcEnt ALphA!" Yeah bro, it wasn't supposed to be, that only changed in october 2022.

they should have learned from ksp 1 and built off of it. just because its in alpha and runs better than how ksp 1 ran in alpha isnt a good thing. literally, look at the stuff that small time content creators make in their free time. 

11 hours ago, K^2 said:

Oh, no. The shadow map is not blurred!

If listen to you, it turns out that making games is now almost impossible and difficult. And KSP2 was born by the collective efforts of great professional developers, like Saturn-5. On Unity, Chinese developers somehow created Genshin Impact; on UE, indie developers create incredibly cinematic scenes that are difficult to distinguish from reality. What is done well in KSP2, better than in other games? Tutorials?

3 hours ago, Ferio said:

That's the reason why I went back to KSP1

I saw an interesting opinion that KSP2 turned out to be the best advertisement for KSP1

17 minutes ago, Alexoff said:
12 hours ago, K^2 said:

Oh, no. The shadow map is not blurred!

If listen to you, it turns out that making games is now almost impossible and difficult. And KSP2 was born by the collective efforts of great professional developers, like Saturn-5. On Unity, Chinese developers somehow created Genshin Impact; on UE, indie developers create incredibly cinematic scenes that are difficult to distinguish from reality. What is done well in KSP2, better than in other games? Tutorials?

K2 has experience and has eloquently explained their reasons for what they said. This is incoherent and in addition you mistook a clear piece of geometry in the KSC for a rendering artefact while looking for more reasons to slam KSP 2, which to me demonstrates the lengths you are willing to go to in order to void saying anything nice about it. I know who I am listening to.

Edited by Bej Kerman

8 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

K2 has experience and has eloquently explained their reasons for what they said.

As far as I remember, K2's experience allowed him to predict the release of science a month after the appearance of early access.

10 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

This is incoherent and in addition you mistook a clear piece of geometry in the KSC

I photographed quite a lot of other pictures, but that same photo is apparently a complete indulgence for the developers?

12 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

you are willing to go to in order to void saying anything nice about it

Well, K2 and you, for your part, do not want to say anything bad about the game, we have harmony here.

13 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

I know who I am listening to.

Yes, I know too, every time I wrote about bad FPS in a video from the developers, the same people tried to convince me that this was not true and came up with different excuses.