Patch One is Go

Nate Simpson

Thanks for fixing the "m" key within the VAB.
It was a bit difficult to build "m k2" vessels.
VAB scroll, view, and view movability is also much easier and responsive.

Looking forward to future updates!
Thanks KSP team!

Edited by KerbalServer.com
Went into the VAB.

8 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

Fix for engine thrust being deflected at too high of a value when a part obstructs an engine’s exhaust (the Kraken Drive bug)

Given that this is basically kerbal canon, do you think  you could maybe un-fix this? It's like 30% of youtube videos about this game for the last 10 years ;)

13 minutes ago, MARL_Mk1 said:

What could be causing this?

Moving your wings along the longitudinal axis will change how your wings Pitch Up/Down, no matter what you tell the vehicle to do...

In KSP 1, control surfaces flip direction when the rotation axis of the part changes between ahead of and behind the COM.

That said, you really don't want those wing surfaces to respond to pitch inputs. Since there's not much lever arm that close to the COM, they're not doing much other than acting as airbrakes. I've done enough fighter competitions to know that it will give you slightly better turn performance at the cost of a lot of speed.

1 hour ago, FleshJeb said:

In KSP 1, control surfaces flip direction when the rotation axis of the part changes between ahead of and behind the COM.

That said, you really don't want those wing surfaces to respond to pitch inputs. Since there's not much lever arm that close to the COM, they're not doing much other than acting as airbrakes. I've done enough fighter competitions to know that it will give you slightly better turn performance at the cost of a lot of speed.

I want them to work as I fancy. I like to pitch with them. It's KSP after all. 

Problem is, I can't just invert it, because roll, which works fine, gets inverted too, and completely messes up controls even more...

10 hours ago, Yakez said:

Any timeline on Borderless Window being working feature? Game do not really work with multiple monitor setups... like at all.

You can force many Unity games to do borderless window, also works for KSP2;

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Kerbal_Space_Program_2

The option is there but acts as exclusive fullscreen.[5] Enabled windowed mode and use -popupwindow as a command line argument to switch to borderless windowed.

d88097a3-600f-4f2c-9f4f-bd8501efc1ae.jpg

Edited by LoSBoL

I find this patch very encouraging for the future. The three weeks must have been intensive but the result is there, noticeable. The road will be long but the base will get stronger with your efforts...and the coming additions will be even more stimulating.
Courage to the little hand behind the screens...
And to those who work to make KSP2 a real 2 in the making...

13 hours ago, eddiew said:

Given that this is basically kerbal canon, do you think  you could maybe un-fix this? It's like 30% of youtube videos about this game for the last 10 years ;)

Your comment made me realize something:

21 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

Fix for engine thrust being deflected at too high of a value when a part obstructs an engine’s exhaust (the Kraken Drive bug)

The thrust got deflected backwards (and I'm assuming there was some funky math on how much thrust should be applied based on where the deflecting surface is), does this mean there is functionality for directing thrust by bouncing it off of surfaces of the craft? I can't test it myself, but that opens some interesting possibilities if so. 

Patch one broke my game. One of two things happen:

1) The game fails to load to main menu and a secondary window with the ksp2 logo opens then crashes game.

2) The game gets to main menu but crashes when I attempt to load a campaign file or create a new campaign. Secondary ksp2 window with logo also appears here before the crash. 

Attempts at solution:

I have attempted to verify integrity of files via Steam, uninstalled/reinstalled ksp2, updated steam. None have worked so far. I do not have any mods installed, nor have I altered any files. 

1 hour ago, SeanStenson95 said:

Patch one broke my game. One of two things happen:

1) The game fails to load to main menu and a secondary window with the ksp2 logo opens then crashes game.

2) The game gets to main menu but crashes when I attempt to load a campaign file or create a new campaign. Secondary ksp2 window with logo also appears here before the crash. 

Attempts at solution:

I have attempted to verify integrity of files via Steam, uninstalled/reinstalled ksp2, updated steam. None have worked so far. I do not have any mods installed, nor have I altered any files. 

I had a similar problem, resolved when I a) updated graphics driver and b) deleted all my old save games  (under C drive->users->[your name]->AppData->LocalLow->Intercept Games->Kerbal Space Program 2).

Not sure which of those actually solved it, but suspect it was the second one. Hope that helps!

10 hours ago, Deddly said:

Wow. What CPU/GPU combination?

Hello!

I will post here the detail HW also posted in other posts.

Detailed Hardware: The computer is 1.5 years old with an RTX4080 upgrade.

- TOWER: FRACTAL DESIGN Focus G Black

- POWER: GIGABYTE P850GM 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular (Recommended to use with RTX 4080)

- Motherboard Model: Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER

- RAM: CRUCIAL Ballistix 32GB 2X16GB DDR4 36000MHz CL16 Red (Recommended Model to use with AMD Processor)

- Processor Name: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor AM4BOX

- CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15S Chromax Black

- GRAPHICS CARD: GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4080 GAMING OC 16GB GDDR6X

- WIN DRIVE: Gigabyte ssd aorus 1tb m2 gen4-nvme

- KSP DRIVE: SSD WESTERN DIGITAL SN850 2TB M.2 2280 Black NVMe Gen4 (Word Class M2 SSD)

- 3x Monitor: DELL S2721QS IPS 4ms 27″ 4K UHD 16:9 FreeSync

NOTE: The BIOS settings are very important to allow CPU to boost on single thread application.

The Kerbal Space Program 2 - Settings:

Os87hrt.jpg

The quality of the image is still excellent!

Edited by pmborg

When I changed to Full HD resolution I was puzzled with image being generated in 2 monitors...

This patch is better but still a long road ahead :)

HMMhlZU.png

Worst than that is the mouse, now appears on the screen of right side and only appear in right side... but the images are being generated also on the center monitor

Edited by pmborg

Hey!

Is that normal, that with the following build and game settings, I only get ~30-40 FPS? Also, the GPU is constatnly above 70°C

Gigybyte Aorus Elite v2 -  Ryzen 5600 - RTX 3070 Ti - 16 Gb Ram (3200 Mhz) - M.2 1Tb SSD

AiK4vmr.png

21VwyzN.png

So, is it just mine, or is this normal?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2023 at 7:37 AM, BeakyBuzz said:

So, is it just mine, or is this normal?

Neither. It's not just you and it's not normal, but it's what we've got right now. Keep an eye on your framerate on the title screen as well. Mine jumped up to 550. Had to cap the rate to keep from frying my GPU.

Also, nice rig. Bought a new desktop (mostly for this game), but I still have my Aorus 17x. It's a 12 pound behemoth, but the thing's an animal. And I can't do without a mechanical keyboard now. Once you go clickety-clack, you never go back :D).

• 3 weeks later...