All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The LinkedIn profile has changed status from IG to PD there's links somewhere.
  3. That'd be this: Pretty sure it's currently being maintained by @dangaffa
  4. Source? It's not that I think you are wrong, just that I hadn't heard that information, and Nate is the last person I want to see 'saved' from the layoffs.
  5. hey, could you perhaps help me? im having issues with the volumetric clouds and scatterer in general, and the patch didnt seem to work correctly, could you guide me through the install and the name correction? thx in advance
  6. They plan on using a plasma leading-edge to reduce drag (that's the purple edge on the render) and cite several papers where the general concept was proved in the lab, but admit it's another thing entirely to scale it up. One of the papers they cite is really quite interesting: "Lines of Energy Deposition for Supersonic/Hypersonic Temperature/Drag- Reduction and Vehicle Control" Not only do you gain something like a 40-90% reduction in drag and skin temperature by firing frickin' lasers ahead, it is also possible to use the reduction in drag to control a fixed wing by moving the plasma-induced low-pressure area off-centre. Note this is at normal altitudes. At their proposed altitude for the first stage high-altitude balloon (42 km or so), air-pressure is less than 1/20th of normal or ~5 kPa, almost as low as some neon tubes (3 kPa), and the power requirements to strike a plasma are lower. Bonus: check the infographic for the Airship To Orbit: Mad. But I'm glad they're doing it.
  7. What's the reliability of the engines? You can check by turning on Debug Mode.
  8. Today
  9. No, it's fine, really needs crossposting, lol.
  10. Yesterday
  11. KSP is one of the most influential video games of all time? It's a cultural phenomenon? No it isn't. It's niche and mostly confined to us nerds. Call me when it's brought up in conversations as casually as Half Life, Minecraft, Sonic, Mario, and Pong. He did an okay-ish job and got recognition in nerdy circles but that's not the same as being fundamentally rooted in culture. I can trust him for a relatively small project like Kitbash, but if he tried to do something like KSP 2 I bet he'd announce "No dV indicator!" as some kind of amazing revolutionary feature. So is that the other people who held off on adding dV readouts, fixing said nasty bug, managing the parts list in a competent manner, et cetera? Again, even Intercept identified these problems with HarvesteR's game despite their own issues and I don't feel like I have to cross my fingers for the Rocketwerkz team to avoid the wealth of problems KSP 1 had as they work on their competitor.
  12. True, although I would appreciate it if they could actually treat their customer base as actual customers. One can dream.
  13. I just noticed the parachute naming being N-. Helps with the other Mk things. Thanks!
  14. [MISSION UPDATE] <<This is Long Caster to all units, start clicking!">>
  15. Even if we do hear from them, let's say news are optimistic. They are working hard on future updates. Does it matter at this point? For me, it doesn't anymore. The game may continue, the game may die.
  16. Would it be possible to make this also display on MAS monitors? MAS is needed for some modern IVAs, and forcibly replaces RPM monitors with itself even on older cockpits. This was disappointing to learn.
  17. Well we will live an world of fully reusable heavy lift soon. Not that this technology is pointless but more on staying over an area for long times The drag would be the killer here I say, low trust work in space not in atmosphere.
  18. I personally don't think the game is doomed, but I suspect we may be waiting quite a while before we see any more meaningful updates. Maybe they'll push out a few bug fixes before the end of June, but then there is likely going to be a protracted process of post mortem evaluation by a skeleton crew, to determine what the prospects are for meaningfully improving engine performance with the current code base and also to evaluate how much more work would be required to get the colony content such as it is ready to go. Depending on the answers to those questions, it may not actually take that much more money to get the game to where it can honestly be represented as both working properly and having a meaningful amount of stuff that the original did not. If that is the case, then I expect that's what we'll get, but even setting aside how long that process will take, they will probably want to wait a while for all this brouhaha to dissipate anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up being close to another year at least.
  1. Load more activity