All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @CobaltWolf are you planning on making custom IVa's for the X-15 cockpits or are you just sticking with the Mk1? If I recall correctly your one of the modders that hates making IVA's(if I recall correctly all modders that hates making IVA's). Anyway I had the Idea of patching in the one IVA from @Well's Blue Steel mod, they go together pretty well i think, just need to figure out how to raise the iva a bit, and having a patch in Bluedog_DB_Extras would be nice for users of both mods if anyone wants it want it. there's even two-seat one for when that part is done. @PART[bluedog_X15_Cockpit] { @INTERNAL { @name = blue_steel_cockpit_s0_interior } } Also can anyone tell me how to reposition the IVA?
  3. Thanks again @ralanboyle and everyone else for the tips. I came up with an improved version of my sea plane:
  4. https://t.me/fotozak/6548 A helicopter refueling while carrying an external load...
  5. IMO, being able to land ANYWHERE on the homeworld safely instead of back at the KSC would've gone against the spirit of this mod's focus on reusable spaceplanes by making these missions little different from the stock game missions, where a traditional rocket design would've likewise sufficed, with a command pod that would've been designed to be jettisoned and land back into the water or on the surface without any form of guidance. It was for these reasons why I opted to modify those missions, plus the interplanetary missions, with objectives to land the command vehicle back at the KSC safe and sound, either as a spaceplane or as a SpaceX-styled tailsitting lander.
  6. Today
  7. <rolls a charisma saving throw> <rolls a nat 1> i have been summoned? I summon @GalaxiesFinestToday as next? 154704262024
  8. Check oit the latest dev update. We're getting 0 dV manuever planning soon.
  9. I haven't played through them multiple times nor do I have plans to. I very rarely replay past games as I almost always have new ones on the backlog that I could play instead. I don't see why replayability is a concern though. Even with what we have now, there's over 100 hours of content finishing the missions they provided if you don't rush it and we know there are plans to continue adding missions. By the time they are done there will be hundreds of hours of content and little reason why I would want to go back and do it all again. It's perfectly fine to me to be "done" with a game in that regard. I think there's plenty more to the game that will make for good entertainment anyway that doesn't require replaying from scratch at least through to the end of EA. There's plenty of time to consider changes if they end up being needed, but I'm not worried.
  10. I just hope, especially before we go Interstellar in v0.4, that a stock 'alarm clock' comes back into the game! I know expect that modders have already corrected that oversight, but I prefer to play pure-vanilla (at least during the dev phase) so it is easier to do reproducible, uncomplicated bug-reporting for the devs.
  11. I love Civilian Population Combined with Free IVA. You can talk Civilians (Tourists) Through your habitat / station area.. out an airlock & EVA. Definitely adds an entire new element to game play. I enjoy it for the novelty sake. Other I have seen use curated mod lists to have full sensor info displayed onto IVA. Some even alloy camera overlay onto certain screens. KSP has so many different mods that even something like IVA can cater to several different playstyles!
  12. Right, that interview is what helped me draw this conclusion. The interviewer actually mentioned that modders can do it and Nate agreed. "Eventually, IF THE MODDERS DON'T GET TO IT, I'd love to revisit commnet." - Nate Simpson. Well, there are already 2 commnet mods and one is making significant strides as a more robust tool than what we had in vanilla KSP1. What incentive would the dev team have to retread a native commnet in several years (after the last milestone update of multiplayer finishes) if the community already has access to one via mods?
  13. I wanted to make a 3d printing thread! Anyways, here's a vid on a 3d-printed board game! Post your printer pics and ideas for others to print!
  14. It’s not. It’s smaller. Saturn V is about 1:110, and SLS is 1:160 I think.
  15. The issue with what happened to me here over the past couple weeks is that it wasn’t an opinionated matter we argued over, it was- 1. The definition of something 2. History of something The first time, the guy had a weird definition of something that sounded like something else, so I looked up the dictionary definition to see if I was right. It didn’t match up and I pointed that out. Then he continually changed his own definition until he accused me of not discussing in good faith. Second time, I made stupid statements about something in history. I honestly did not know I was wrong. In fact, other people in the discussion later politely pointed out the flaws in my statements and I accepted I was incorrect and retracted my statement. But before then, this guy- the same guy as with the definition talk- simply says I’m “making walls of words” and again speaks of me “lacking good faith.” This isn’t public policy or favorite foods we’re talking about. If we can’t correct each other when we’re wrong and accept that we’ve been wrong when it comes to facts, how are we supposed to learn anything? Isn’t that what the internet is supposed to be about? For All Mankind had a clip of Tim Berners-Lee praising the then potential value of the internet in the 80s and he spoke of a “more informed electorate.” Obviously politics is politics and it can get nasty in its own right, but what about technical discussions? Discussions about the humanities? I think I’m getting back to my point I made in my long post about climate change. Everyone has armies of rhetoric and data on their side to defend their arguments, and criticism and differing data is “politicized” or has an ulterior motive. If I or others can’t or don’t want to correct or be corrected on facts when we’re wrong, what’s the point of even being here? Just hop in, see if we fit in the echo chamber, hop out if we don’t and then post tweets and occasional witty jokes from time to time? Isn’t a forum all about discussion? I’ve never expected people to change their opinions when I’m criticizing them. But if there’s a fact they’re talking about that’s incorrect, I have a hard time sitting by and letting them be wrong. I wouldn’t want someone on this forum to let me continually make inaccurate statements, and when I did that in the history discussion, I’m glad I was corrected. Considering most of the people who regularly post in the main section of the forum I visit- the Science & Spaceflight section- are also the same people who have espoused the climate change denial arguments I listed in my climate change post in this thread, perhaps I just need to recognize the people there are not who I thought they were when I joined this forum and read about the better forum movement and rules intended to make it a more positive place. The Lounge is cool though, so I’d still visit here. But I can get space news on Twitter and don’t really have any more technical questions to ask people over there, so if it’s just a place to report the news and make jokes from time to time- discussion, while legal, will lead to arguments if anything beyond supportive comments are made, even if someone is incorrect about something- what am I even doing there? I’m also now thinking about how I don’t even really follow much spaceflight news beyond what’s going on in China. I might as well just head over to Sino Defence Forum (where I’m much more conscious of what kind of people they are and how it’s important not to start arguments).
  16. Well, the scope and scale is certainly impressive, and I imagine it costs about as much too… Lego should put out cheap sooty Falcon 9 kits with all pieces except payload having been previously used …
  17. Anyone know if the SLS is at the same scale as the Saturn V? I'm going to get it either way.
  18. I grew up with the original trilogy. When the Phantom Menace was released, I was super excited and rushed out to see it. I just about walked out in disgust when metaclorians were introduced. As many flaws as the series has, that was by far the stupidest decision. Bringing back Palpatine in The Rise of Skywalker is a close second.
  19. Ban for broken dreams 145704262024
  1. Load more activity