Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

On 6/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, Gargamel said:

"This user has summoned Zuul"

i was just reading through this thread (i'm bored) and came across this post by @Gargamel that almost predicted what would happen in may 2023.

context i was posting pictures of Zuul in the calvinball thread

sorry

Ive had this odd glitch twice now: i go to reply to a thread and hit submit and my post just vanishes. I hit the reload button on the browser and nothing. I go to redo it and the instant i touch the text box my post is sitting in it as if it was a draft. Unknown if mobile only issue (current iOS 17.4.1 on an XR iphone) as ive not seen it on pc as i rarely post from my pc anymore. Anyone else see this?

• 3 weeks later...

At 020005022024CDT or thereabouts i am going to drop the 189,819 letter word in full into the test thread to see what happens. Im curious to see the effect and not knowing whats going to happen i wanted to give about 8 hours advanced warning so that if it does break something those who can fix it are ready. I cant wait to see what happens.

1 hour ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Vanamonde okies. 

but still curious if there are character limitations to posts and if so what is that limit?

There may not be a hard limit but the system would certainly have a lot to work with. It might take a while to load, or never end up loading at all.

1 minute ago, Kimera Industries said:

There may not be a hard limit but the system would certainly have a lot to work with. It might take a while to load, or never end up loading at all.

The weird part is, i originally posted the full word in one thread inside a spoiler but saw no issue on my side. I did strip the whole post and remade it in an edit about 60 seconds later for fear of issues. Its why im curious if spoilers cut the load…

47 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

Where is the line drawn between a "Mission Report" and a "Fan Work" (fanfiction)?

It's not a hard line but the general principle is that if you're just saying what you did it's a mission report but if you're embellishing it as something the kerbals themselves did it's fan work fiction. 

On 4/12/2024 at 1:53 AM, AlamoVampire said:

Ive had this odd glitch twice now: i go to reply to a thread and hit submit and my post just vanishes. I hit the reload button on the browser and nothing. I go to redo it and the instant i touch the text box my post is sitting in it as if it was a draft. Unknown if mobile only issue (current iOS 17.4.1 on an XR iphone) as ive not seen it on pc as i rarely post from my pc anymore. Anyone else see this?

I encounter this on mobile.

Another issue : The draft persists despite having deleted all the relevant text.

If I decide to reword something an erase half of it, tab over to imgur and return..

Occasional the deleted text will return.

4 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Who or what keeps the forums running?

Will the shutdown of the KSP2 project mean the end of the forums?

The parent company pays for the bandwidth. We've been told the forum will continue. And it's still only conjecture that KSP2 will be cancelled, for that matter. We have not heard otherwise. 

On 5/5/2024 at 3:51 AM, LittleBitMore said:

What's the "Default" font for the forum?

From the CSS properties of your post, it seems to be: lato, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, segoe ui, Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, apple color emoji, segoe ui emoji, segoe ui symbol.

The first one available is used, so check for them on your computer.

10 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

From the CSS properties of your post, it seems to be: lato, -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, segoe ui, Roboto, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, apple color emoji, segoe ui emoji, segoe ui symbol.

The first one available is used, so check for them on your computer.

I'm glad someone knows because I had no idea. 

• 2 weeks later...