Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

4 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

If you look, the forum software requires that all embedded image files end in an extension that indicates its an image file (bmp, jpg, and png are the most common). I have found the easiest way to make sure Imgur does this is to do the old right-click and copy image link from the dropdown menu. The Imgur "get image link" has been borked for a while now.

Still getting '500' errors when googling "KSP Forums" and clicking "Science and Spaceflight".  i.e. Cannot go directly to the subforum.  Must go to regular forum home page, and then to subforums.

"Cannot handle the request"

...Actually... I can't even get there from the main page.  Something up with the forums in general - or just that sub?

39 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

I am aware of no problems. 

Really weird then.  Because it's affecting me for days now.

pjAYjlq.jpg

Edit - I can clearly post here... but I can't get to my preferred sub from either here or outside.  I must have reached my forum limit or something.:/

Anyone know what the: div   p     Is about at the bottom of the box we type in to post? Fwiw im on mobile, ios 16.5.1(c) if that makes any difference

edit: only recently noticed it (last day or two) and the cursor needs to be in the text field for the div p thing to show up. 

Edited by AlamoVampire

8 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

Anyone know what the: div   p     Is about at the bottom of the box we type in to post? Fwiw im on mobile, ios 16.5.1(c) if that makes any difference

edit: only recently noticed it (last day or two) and the cursor needs to be in the text field for the div p thing to show up. 

Yeah, I noticed that too.     Curious myself. 

• Community Manager
14 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I believe this has something to do with the CKEditor (edit box) update that I made recently. It's strange that it only shows up on mobile. But all it's doing is allowing you to select the entire <div> that your comment is contained in, or the individual <p>s.

On 7/17/2023 at 6:56 AM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I'm getting '500' errors (forum can't handle the request) trying to link directly to Science and Spaceflight from a Google search.

1. Search: KSP Forums.
  2. Click "Science & Spaceflight"
  3. fail

This seems like a DNS caching issue. Can you try flushing your DNS cache and see if that helps?

@Dakota from what I can tell is its supposed to be there then, regardless of if its desktop or mobile? Ill also admit ive 0 idea what exactly is meant by 

9 minutes ago, Dakota said:

the entire <div> that your comment is contained in, or the individual <p>s

Other than its something about inputting and quoting text and presume its programming parlance?

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

@Dakota from what I can tell is its supposed to be there then, regardless of if its desktop or mobile? Ill also admit ive 0 idea what exactly is meant by 

Other than its something about inputting and quoting text and presume its programming parlance?

HTML parlance. <div> is just a section of a webpage, in this case your comment, <p> are paragraphs of text.

• 3 weeks later...

@Dakota I think youre the best person to ask as to me you seem to know whats under the hood of the forum so to speak. I just noticed something that made me correct an assumption i had. I had assumed that signatures were hidden to mobile users even when viewing in landscape mode. Then one day while logged in on my iphone i lost my grip on my phone and it fell into my lap. It happened to go landscape. I saw my signature and assumed what ever had previously prevented me from seeing signatures had been fixed or updated. Then after logging out for the night just now or so i thought i was, (i did fully log out) i for some reason turned my phone landscape and noticed signatures were gone. I logged back in being curious and boom signatures in landscape appear again.

So my long rambling build up leads to this question: why can i not see signatures of myself or other users while in “guest” mode but the moment i ascend to “accounted user” (or what ever poetic nom de guerre you like) they reveal themselves like a magic eye poster? Just a curiosity i suppose but a fun chance to learn a new thing too

On 8/8/2023 at 11:38 AM, AlamoVampire said:

@Dakota I think youre the best person to ask as to me you seem to know whats under the hood of the forum so to speak. I just noticed something that made me correct an assumption i had. I had assumed that signatures were hidden to mobile users even when viewing in landscape mode. Then one day while logged in on my iphone i lost my grip on my phone and it fell into my lap. It happened to go landscape. I saw my signature and assumed what ever had previously prevented me from seeing signatures had been fixed or updated. Then after logging out for the night just now or so i thought i was, (i did fully log out) i for some reason turned my phone landscape and noticed signatures were gone. I logged back in being curious and boom signatures in landscape appear again.

So my long rambling build up leads to this question: why can i not see signatures of myself or other users while in “guest” mode but the moment i ascend to “accounted user” (or what ever poetic nom de guerre you like) they reveal themselves like a magic eye poster? Just a curiosity i suppose but a fun chance to learn a new thing too

I don't think you can see signatures while in "guest" mode, even from a computer. When you create an account, they are disabled by default, so you have to enable them in the settings. Or at least, that's how it worked when I joined 1.5 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 9:09 PM, kspbutitscursed said:

What was it like when you first logged on as a moderator.

I was already logged in as a regular user having a PM conversation about designing a TOTM badge with @adsii1970, when I realized that I had some buttons on the screen that I didn't recognize.

I believe the last message I sent as a non-moderator was

I'm not a moderator.

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

I was already logged in as a regular user having a PM conversation about designing a TOTM badge with @adsii1970, when I realized that I had some buttons on the screen that I didn't recognize.

Nah, you were a moderator when I replied. I was like, "oh, crap, another moderator dinging me for a forum violation... Did I do 2.2b again?"

9 hours ago, Dman979 said:

I'm not a moderator....               Yet

LMAO welp that escalated quickly.

7 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Nah, you were a moderator when I replied. I was like, "oh, crap, another moderator dinging me for a forum violation... Did I do 2.2b again?"

The worse thing that i did was spam images of  Zuul on the Calvinball thread. lol