Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

6 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Thank you!   And may your rockets fail in a spectacularly kerbal way!

Oh they did, one without even leaving the launchpad!

Question though, where is that mythical dark theme people are talking about? On mobile, that is

1 hour ago, KrakenBait said:

Hi,

I would like to include some illustrating images for bug reports, but don't have an imgur account or the like. (Nor do I want to)
What image size would be acceptable? 

A 1920x1080 png is ~1.7 MB which I guess is a bit too large.

You don't need an imgur account to upload images to their site (unless something has changed). You should be able to upload an image and link to it, but if that's wrong let us know.

1 hour ago, The Aziz said:

Question though, where is that mythical dark theme people are talking about? On mobile, that is

Alternate themes have been temporarily hidden so we can continue working on them without affecting the live version of the forums.

Would be feasible to implement a search criteria so I can build a custom stream filtering content from SubForums I'm not interested in?

Currently, Forum has the following Main Sectins (SubForums):

• General
  • Kerbal Space Program 2
  • Kerbal Space Program 2 Gameplay & Technical Support
  • Kerbal Space Program 2 Mods
  • Community
  • International
  • Kerbal Space Program 1
  • KerbalEDU

I would like to build a Custom Stream where I can flag some of them as "Not Interested". The current flood of "not interesting" posts are overwhelming, I'm facing trouble on following the Activities that I'm really interested in!

Thanks! 

45 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Would be feasible to implement a search criteria so I can build a custom stream filtering content from SubForums I'm not interested in?

Currently, Forum has the following Main Sectins (SubForums):

• General
  • Kerbal Space Program 2
  • Kerbal Space Program 2 Gameplay & Technical Support
  • Kerbal Space Program 2 Mods
  • Community
  • International
  • Kerbal Space Program 1
  • KerbalEDU

I would like to build a Custom Stream where I can flag some of them as "Not Interested". The current flood of "not interesting" posts are overwhelming, I'm facing trouble on following the Activities that I'm really interested in!

Thanks! 

Invisions website had a pretty good tutorial on how to set in-depth filters on the stream.   I wrote up a little tutorial based on it ages ago, I think it’s in the “How to Forum” thread. 

What would be the best way to share a .png file which goes along with a craft file? I know I can share craft files via KerbalX, but the craft files I want to share have custom flags associated with them (for use with Conformal Decals). The custom flags are necessary because they're used to make replicas look authentic.

1 minute ago, septemberWaves said:

What would be the best way to share a .png file which goes along with a craft file? I know I can share craft files via KerbalX, but the craft files I want to share have custom flags associated with them (for use with Conformal Decals). The custom flags are necessary because they're used to make replicas look authentic.

Dropbox?  Probably include the craft file and pngs in one zip there for download ? 

-invoking Cunningham’s law by guessing here-

The forums seem to be having some trouble recently. Several times now, I've tried to open up the forums only to be met with this:

sDrWYRp.png

Each time this happens, it has taken a long time to resolve. I assume the issue is high numbers of active forum users due to the recent release of KSP2. Is there likely to be a fix for this any time soon?

1 minute ago, septemberWaves said:

The forums seem to be having some trouble recently. Several times now, I've tried to open up the forums only to be met with this:

sDrWYRp.png

Each time this happens, it has taken a long time to resolve. I assume the issue is high numbers of active forum users due to the recent release of KSP2. Is there likely to be a fix for this any time soon?

The guys are aware of it and are working on it. Sorry for the nuisance.