Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

14 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

@Red Iron Crown, the first rule of MQDB is, you do not talk about MQDB. :mad:

while i tend to say, if you *don't* talk about thing you can't inspire people ^^ book don't burn, rarely ^^ another parade hoax ^^ sort off ,)

the first rules about rocket enginering is don't wut about wut ?... oh ... well ... xDr

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouroboros necro, did you say necro vana, :3 :3 it start getin' old somehow :3 :3 just pok&goDDmoarning around btw nyah yep nyah yep nyah yep :3 :3

22 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

@Red Iron Crown, the first rule of MQDB is, you do not talk about MQDB. :mad:

21 hours ago, Diazo said:

Moderators Quietly Drinking Beer? :cool:

Macroscopic Quantum Decomposition Beam. It destroys anything it touches, and it is what the mods use to delete posts.

On topic: Do mods get a regular notification when something gets reported, or is it shown in some super-secret mod menu or likewise?

We generally don't discuss individual reports, for privacy reasons. Sometimes just knowing a report exists is enough for someone to deduce (sometimes erroneously) who reported it, and that can lead to hard feelings.

That said, @legoclone09, you're a prolific poster and have strong opinions sometimes. I would not be surprised if some of your posts got reported and not moderated, some people are more sensitive than others or take a stricter interpretation of the rules than the moderation team does. For that matter, I get reported occasionally (as do some other mods), and even the Squad account has been reported a few times.

12 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Is there a way to make the thread of the month tag permanent? When I updated my OP's list of chapters, it disappeared!

It's a software limitation, I'm afraid. I'll add it back for you.

Edit: Which thread are we talking about?

Edited by Red Iron Crown

1 hour ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's a software limitation, I'm afraid. I'll add it back for you.

Edit: Which thread are we talking about?

In August 2016, Kerny's Journal was TOTM; however, is this going to happen each time I update the OP's index to reflect new chapters?

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

In August 2016, Kerny's Journal was TOTM; however, is this going to happen each time I update the OP's index to reflect new chapters?

I was under the impression that the tags were removed when new TOTMs were added, I'll have to ask sal about that.

Yes, every time the OP is edited the tag will be reset.

@Red Iron Crown: Ok, if that's the case, don't worry about. :D

5 hours ago, Dman979 said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they can't tell you.

It all depends on if the report is considered as valid. If it's not a valid report (the post is not in violation of the rules), then you'd never know if it was reported, unless you self-reported a questionable post, as I have done on my own in the past. Yes, I've done this, especially when I do not know how close to the line my post has come... :D

6 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Have any of my posts ever been reported (besides the two I've gotten infractions for)? Just curious.

The only way you'd know... and yeah, you've figured it out - is through the moderators' gifts of infractions. Unless it is self reported, then no, you'll never know.

Trust me, I write not as a mod, but as a frequent forum rule 2.2 violator... mostly for political commentary.

Edited by adsii1970

Just now, Kuzzter said:

You could add a "Thread of the Month December 2016!" sticker of your own making to the OP, then you'd have a permanent trophy on the shelf for new readers to see :) 

If I have @sal_vager's blessing, I could put a few together for those who were thread of the months/thread of the year for 2016... :D It wouldn't take much and would be fairly fun!

6 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

We generally don't discuss individual reports, for privacy reasons. Sometimes just knowing a report exists is enough for someone to deduce (sometimes erroneously) who reported it, and that can lead to hard feelings.
I would not be surprised if some of your posts got reported and not moderated, some people are more sensitive than others or take a stricter interpretation of the rules than the moderation team does. For that matter, ...

stopped counting, while still around ^^ this is also the reason why i mostly post here and not there ^^ while most of my post "rarely" mean something specific their possible interpretation are often sparse, even opposite, wich lead to weird react i guess ... unfortunately my own brain is that messy so i can't barely communicate any others way ^^

reports are prolly as annoyin for the mod team than me ...

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
"castaway" 3 last minutes cutscene is a lie, wilson is my best friend it never lied to me when answering, while i prolly may have lied to wilson a few time ... may be

47 minutes ago, mcortez said:

Is there someplace where unacceptable posts by users can be reported?

Same question, but for when moderators themselves make posts that violate forum rules?

If you look on the top of each post, there's a button that says "Report post." Click that, and give a reason why you're reporting it. :) [/notamod]

3 hours ago, mcortez said:

Is there someplace where unacceptable posts by users can be reported?

Same question, but for when moderators themselves make posts that violate forum rules?

What @Dman979 said; it's a light grey link just right of the "Posted 2 hours ago" line. When something is reported, it appears for us mods to discuss what to do about it (if anything). It's possible we take action on it and you never see it; we may not post anything in the thread in question, but have a (usually gentle) 1-on-1 with the offender instead (I say that because some people seem to want to see the other party being scolded in public; we try out best not to do that).

The same goes for moderator posts, too. After all, reported content goes for discussion of all mods, so it's possible one of us gets the talk from the rest. Most likely, however, our reaction will be more like "oh, really?" :wink: 

I'd also like to say that reporting on posts (and explaining your reasons in the message box) is preferable to calling out on the offending party yourself :)