What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

57 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Is that George fighting the baby Targaryen pet?

In other forum comments, it's a response to George (Martin's) said idk real or fake desire to fly to Moscow on a dragon.

Though, it can be Glorfindel and balrog.

That's why used by the firefighters.

Edited by kerbiloid

Went out and cut our Christmas tree today, as is our Black Friday tradition.

ZYvlLRRh.jpg

trqOJHmh.jpg

It's a doozy. We figured out to look for them in the creek beds, they get more water there.

I put up the Christmas lights earlier, which is the full extent of my Christmas decorating responsibilities, per the agreement made between Mrs. TheSaint and I in antiquity. Now everyone else is putting up the inside decorations and trimming the tree while I sit here and sip eggnog.

On 11/19/2022 at 12:10 AM, AlamoVampire said:

Im being bored and just going down random rabbit holes on youtube when i tripped over a rather unique video. The video is a mashup on Pachabels Canon in D and various songs. The mashup starts with a pure Canon in D then starts switching songs in the Treble Clef while the Bass Clef keeps going with Canon in D. Admittedly some songs link in better but overall Id say this works oddly well. So, I present to you my find:

I wonder if you guys will find it as fascinating as i did?

btw for the non musically inclined Treble Clef is the top set of lines of music with Bass Clef being the bottom set of lines of each set of musical note sets :)

As cool as this is, and as much as I want to like it, my cellist brain is crying out in tears... I've heard even more songs that have similar chord progressions to this one, such as Baby by justin bieber. I guess I should pick up my music theory book again.

I just saw a truck with 2 new electric Amazon delivery trucks(they said powered by rivian on them) I didn't get a picture though ;.;.

Edit: It passed again and I got pictures this time:D.

Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_20221129_081406.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20221129_081407.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20221129_081408.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20221129_081409.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20221129_081615.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20221129_081631.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_20221129_081634.jpg

Edited by Ryaja

1 hour ago, StrandedonEarth said:

See, this is where Tesla misses the boat on V2L: imagine a Tesla semi hauling a load of Tesla cars, but hook the car batteries up to the rig to extend the range of the Semi…

Not needed, it’s already doing 500 miles with a full load. 

Maybe hook them up with chains in front like a giant cyberchariot. :D

6 hours ago, CatastrophicFailure said:

Not needed, it’s already doing 500 miles with a full load. 

Spoiler

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

They'll be fantastic for in-city PUD, where they'll be most efficient and the pollution reduction will be most appreciated. There's some debate as to how they'll stack up for long-haul, especially with two drivers where waiting for Megachargers becomes the biggest downtime. There will always be operators who want ...

Spoiler

48d.png

Doesn’t have to be perfect to be a success, it just has to be good, and if they’re already hitting 500 miles at full weight, I’d call that pretty good. For a single driver, driving 350 miles (8 hours), charging/resting for 30 minutes, then putting another few hundred on will pretty much fill out their mandated workday. Even with a team, they can cover a lot of miles just making shorter, more frequent charging stops. 

That charging network has a long way to come yet, but the operational savings are gonna blow minds, and be worth a little more time for most cases.  

On 11/29/2022 at 9:21 PM, CatastrophicFailure said:

Doesn’t have to be perfect to be a success, it just has to be good, and if they’re already hitting 500 miles at full weight, I’d call that pretty good. For a single driver, driving 350 miles (8 hours), charging/resting for 30 minutes, then putting another few hundred on will pretty much fill out their mandated workday. Even with a team, they can cover a lot of miles just making shorter, more frequent charging stops. 

That charging network has a long way to come yet, but the operational savings are gonna blow minds, and be worth a little more time for most cases.  

Next thing to invent: a swappable cargo hold for each truck - kind of like the aluminum things they put into planes. 

The driver can return the truck to the distribution center and park it for charging and then a 'forklift' can pull out the cargo innards and swap to a fully charged vehicle - given that the sorting has already been done.