What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

Ultimate Steve

@Zozaf Kerman its all good :) i was sure you were tbh but you never know when or where humor will escape notice and trigger a negative response. Id rather have the explanation out there and it not be needed ever rather than it not be there and be needed lol. A safety net for all :) that said, its truly epic that we all can goof around like that and everyone gets to share the laughs and great times. I think that the users and moderators here are a shining example of joy and good will, we should all be very proud!!

Avidemux is da thing!

If select the save format as Mpeg4 AVC (x.264), its Video / Filters / Crop allows to easily crop the video and save it in a custom resolution in best quality, while many others abuse you with fixed resolutions and black spaces.

Also the quality is set just by a spinbox ("20" looks very good for me.)

9 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Odd that it says there are no reviews for me. Are reviews regional?

Possibly, but I just checked reviews and even though it shows mine in the spot where you make it it is not shown under reviews. Strange.

Ok, so, im doing a sector in MSFS2020 from denver and im currently in texas south of Amarillo and ATC calls out for me to change frequencies. I do and report to the next controller my altitude. They reply back: Flight Name (cant give it this time as it would spoil my bonus point question in calvinball) continue to TURKI (turkey) as planned. I look up and my next waypoint following TURKI? DUMPS! So briefly my aircrafts FMC said TURKI DUMPS. Yes im immature. Yes it made me laugh harder than I should have. It was just too funny.

2 hours ago, Shpaget said:

Not today, but actually tomorrow, Croatia adopts the Euro, and also enters the Schengen Area.

It's going to take some time to mentally switch to prices in €.

I don’t know if that’s a good thing… but good luck!

Edited by Zozaf Kerman

13 hours ago, tajwo said:

That's what happens when the app isn't developed by giant megacorporation :)

I actually had Lego respond to my review on the mindstorms app, not update it though. And it wasn't just the copy and paste most companies do so that was cool.

winamp has received its first new update since 2013.

debating whether or not to update. i mean if it aint broke...etc. also concerned that some youngins got ahold it, corrupted it with modern ui standards and plan on turning it into yet another free to play application with ads, etc (i heard nft-audio and that killed it for me). maybe on a nukable installation for testing is in order (perhaps my win11 machine when i inevitably switch it for linux). 

ive been using it since i started using mp3s in the mid 90s pre-napster ftp era. try as i might i cannot think of a piece of software i have used for as long. id considered replacing it with fubar if the software ever stopped working, but it never did. 

Edited by Nuke

I've got business cards now. Found myself caught flat-footed at a public event last month where everyone but me had business cards.

Step 1: summarily disregard hotdesking by pinning my card on the bulkhead.

Step 2: never need them for any actual business purpose for the next few years?

Have a date. Honestly my mind wasn’t totally on her all day, but on how this big new metro station where we interchange the different line is so that big.

30-D30310-48-F1-4-DB9-AF10-53-CD02-FC809

Have to said that the cities with little urban history really have certain advantages in underground transport planning.

Edited by steve9728

Ok so, Im doing a flight from my city to Las Vegas and im descending per ATC and I get vectored from FL280 to FL220. No big deal. I put the target alt into my MCP and hit lvl change and my vnav keeps on chuggin downhill. I look up at my PFD and I do a double take! I think my FMC and autopilot thought my flight was a rollercoaster because instead of a healthy 1200-1800 FPM it was absolutely screaming downhill at 5800FPM!!! I went from FL280 to FL2300 in about 10 seconds or so before the systems corrected the descent speed. I can only imagine the screams and …mess if it was a real flight and not MSFS!!