So what song is stuck in your head today?

SmileyTRex

On 11/6/2022 at 9:24 PM, AlamoVampire said:

@GDJ because of you friend a barrier i had thought firm in my mind has been broken and now my mind is a haunted juke box. If my minds gonna break, youre coming with me!

Im sure my mind will curse me with more forgotten gems. Ill be sure to share <runs off cackling>

oo new page! 

How dare you insult barbie girl!

I did not watch the launch live. But I watched it later, after the daughter was on the bus heading off to school. And it just happened when this song was playing on my Pandora classical station:

To be honest, watching Artemis I leave the launch pad as this song played literally brought chill-bumps to my skin.

Oh hey, I finally have some time to post here. Some interesting stuff lately...

On 11/17/2022 at 2:37 PM, Just Jim said:

Well, the first time I heard Popcorn was the Crazy Frog version, which I still think is the best for some reason. He just looks so kerbal...

12 hours ago, Lisias said:

"Why so Serious?"

Hot dang,  orchestral music gets the rock concert treatment!

11 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I like Limp Bizkit when they're breaking stuff, and I like The Who. This version just doesn't resonate with me...

4 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Hey, @Just Jim, found this group today. This is by far one of my favorites. It's stuck.

K, wait, interesting..... A bagpipe mixed with metal? I'm flabbergasted... They should have thrown in a hurdy-gurdy while they're at it...

@StrandedonEarth nothing against the who, but in the case of behind blue eyes for me at least they are too off putting. They sound too nasal to me. I think in some cases the cover is superior to the original. To back my claim I give you Simon and Garfunkel Sound of Silence and Disturbed Sound of Silence:

A classic to be sure. But, the lack of energy and raw depth can be felt and the dual vocals just dont hit right. At least to me. Now, Disturbed:

Starts off dead silent and then a rich and haunting piano kick off the music. Then he starts singing. The whole piece is a few beats per minute slower than the original. He is a bit lower in tone (half to maybe an octave lower) which lends to the haunting nature of this version. He puts more feeling and power into it. Just over all a better version that also has one (forget which) of the original artists blessings. But ofc this is all subjective :D

4 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

I think in some cases the cover is superior to the original. To back my claim I give you Simon and Garfunkel Sound of Silence and Disturbed Sound of Silence

I just cannot...

I...

But...

How do you live your life while being so wrong?

The Simon and Garfunkel version evokes a sadness at a lack of connection to humanity.  The Disturbed version screams anger about it.  It's not what the I feel writer was trying to convey.  Both are important reactions, but the remake is almost a complete 180 from the original.

4 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

But ofc this is all subjective

Maybe.  But you're still wrong. :D

Edited by razark

@razark im not really living, just existing. But heres the thing, to me, S&G’s sound of silence is too quick in pace and almost bieber levels of uninspired whiney pop. Whereas Disturbed? Its a melancholy and slow haunted masterpiece. More range of power imho. But again subjective tastes are subjective, so, in essence we are a schrodeningers (sp?) cat of right and wrong where we both are both at the same time :D

Edited by AlamoVampire

On 11/21/2022 at 6:26 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

I like Limp Bizkit when they're breaking stuff, and I like The Who. This version just doesn't resonate with me...

Me, either, course the one in my head is this one (I was there at Shea when this was filmed):