[1.12] Stockalike Station Parts Redux (June 12, 2022)

Nertea

7 hours ago, Modded Jeb said:

Having an issue with centrifuges and inflatable habitats. It seems like none of them work as intended(as an habitat for kerbals), ive tried transfering crew after launch but it did not work, why is this happening?

You haven't given use much information to go on so we'll have to guess and ask questions.  I'm going to assume, for the moment, this is not a mod installation/compatibility problem.

My first guess:  Confirm that, unless you've launched them expanded, you have deployed them in orbit, by supplying the requisite MaterialKits and providing the necessary crew?  These requirements are noted in the part description.

For future problems, I recommend you read this topic and provide the info suggested in it and include descriptive pictures, as befitting the issue.  These can go a long way, most of the time, to help the community resolve your problem without an extended question and answer process.   Some mod authors won't touch a problem without this info.

• 2 weeks later...

My download of v2.1.10 seems to be missing a texture file. I'm getting the following error:

[LOG 22:38:25.798] Load MU model: StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Rigid/station-5/sspx-dome-cupola-5-1
[ERR 22:38:25.844] Texture 'StationPartsExpansionRedux/Parts/Rigid/station-5/sspx-internal-5-6' not found!

The file is not present and I doubled checked the .MU file, it is referencing that texture.

I also took a look at the github repository and I don't see the file there either. Can anyone point me to a copy of the missing texture?

-K

Hi,

i'm using sspx with kerbalism the RP1 suite on RSS. I've noticed that it seems that the 6,75m habs have an issue that doesn't get logged. When i launch a station with for instance the big 6,75m hab my timewarp gets all f***ed up, the game gets incredibly laggy until it just freezes. If i destroy the station in the tracking station, everything gets back to normal. Is it a known issue? And is my description clear enough?^^

Otherwise this mod is amazing :) thx so much for the crazy work

edit: seems to be related to boil off stuff, if your remove gaz and liquidgaz it s not an issue anymore

Edited by bob_kelso

On 1/31/2023 at 3:02 AM, Brigadier said:

You haven't given use much information to go on so we'll have to guess and ask questions.  I'm going to assume, for the moment, this is not a mod installation/compatibility problem.

My first guess:  Confirm that, unless you've launched them expanded, you have deployed them in orbit, by supplying the requisite MaterialKits and providing the necessary crew?  These requirements are noted in the part description.

For future problems, I recommend you read this topic and provide the info suggested in it and include descriptive pictures, as befitting the issue.  These can go a long way, most of the time, to help the community resolve your problem without an extended question and answer process.   Some mod authors won't touch a problem without this info.

They didnt accept crew even after being deployed, but ive reinstalled the mod and its working fine

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone having trouble with decals on the cargo containers, the issue is a missing ! on lines 12 and 13 of SSPXR-Containers-Switches.cfg. Kudos to @theJesuit for figuring that out—I certainly wouldn't have been able to on my own.

I wrote a ModuleManager patch that fixes it. Save this as a cfg and throw it somewhere in GameData to get decals back.

//fixing error in StationPartsExpansionRedux/Patches/SSPXR-Containers-Switches.cfg
@PART[sspx-cargo-container*,sspx-logistics*]:AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleB9DisableTransform]
    {
        //remove disable-transform if MKS present
        !transform[#ExoticMineralsDecal]:NEEDS[MKS]
        !transform[#RareMetalsDecal]:NEEDS[MKS]

//add disable-transform if MKS not present
        transform:NEEDS[!MKS] = ExoticMineralsDecal
        transform:NEEDS[!MKS] = RareMetalsDecal
    }
}

I also figured out how to add inventories to ModuleB9PartSwitch subtypes, if anyone's interested:

Spoiler
@PART[sspx-cargo-container*,sspx-logistics*]:AFTER[StationPartsExpansionRedux]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleB9DisableTransform]
    {
        //borrowing this decal for inventory containers
        !transform[#CommoditiesDecal]
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleInventoryPart        
        InventorySlots = 24
        packedVolumeLimit = #$../MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]/baseVolume$
    }

@MODULE[ModuleB9PartSwitch]
    {
        //disable inventory on all tank-type sybtypes
        @SUBTYPE,*
        {
            MODULE
            {
                IDENTIFIER
                {
                    name = ModuleInventoryPart        
                }
                moduleActive = false
            }
        }
        //define a new (tankless) subtype for inventroy
        SUBTYPE
        {
            name = CargoInventroy
            title = Inventory
            transform = CommoditiesDecal
            primaryColor = MetallicBlue
            secondaryColor = MetallicBlue
        }
    }
}

Edited by Squire

Docking Port Sr is one option. Konstruction is definitely an option too. I've used both for SSPX. You can just delete the other parts from Konstruction if you want. A third option would be constructing directly in orbit, using Extraplanetary Launchpads / Simple Construction / Sandcastle, Global Construction, Konstruction, or similar. A fourth option is just ignoring physics and launching the whole thing directly from Kerbin - with enough boosters it is possible. 

• 3 weeks later...

So this is a problem I'm having with the large centrifuge parts which I'm trying to fix. I'm trying to dock my shuttle to an Interplanetary Station containing the largest centrifuge part however it always just explodes violently after docking ripping the ship apart and killing everyone. Here is the video. The only compromise I've found if the use the smaller centrifuges but that meaning my ship won't be as cool anymore! If you know any fixes for this please do let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

After updating the mods, I had a problem. The cost of modules from this mod has become simply huge, more than 200 thousand. Only details from this mod. For example, a module with the tag sspx-habitat-1875-2 costs $278300 when installed! A rocket worth 44 thousand became worth 320 thousand. Please tell me what this may be related to and how to fix it? I tried to uninstall and install the mod again and it didn't help.

====

Found the cause of the problem. It is associated with the KerbalismConfig mod. Here and here are errors:

GameData\KerbalismConfig\Support\HabTech2.cfg

name = Upgrade-DestinyRDU
cost = 275300

===
GameData\KerbalismConfig\System\Infirmary.cfg

name = Upgrade-TV
cost = 33500
===
GameData\KerbalismConfig\System\Infirmary.cfg

name = Upgrade-HitchhikerRDU
cost = 275300

===

To solve the problem, I changed "cost" to 0.

Edited by Apophis705

On 11/8/2019 at 2:29 AM, kamikazeamoebe said:

Hi Nertea,

first things first: your mod is awesome and has been one of my favourite mods for quite some time now. Thank you for all your hard work, the elaborated details and the whole new spectrum of possibilities

However one thing i can't understand - why is it, that you have those beautifull (and large scale) cargo containers in different shapes and sizes for inline and surface mounting. But None of them is KIS compatible? Every time there is an update to Kerbal, the first thing i do after installing the mods is cloning the cargo pods and changing their modules to KIS compatibility (each with KIS volume equaling the respective freight volume for the "water" ressource). It's basically cloning the base parts, editing the configs with the following piece of text, done.

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleKISInventory
	maxVolume = <WhichEverSuitsYou>
	externalAccess = true
	internalAccess = true
	slotsX = <somethingsomething>
	slotsY = <somethingelse>
	slotSize = 50
	itemIconResolution = 128
	selfIconResolution = 128
	openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
	closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
	defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
	helmetOnSndPath = KIS/Sounds/helmetOn
	helmetOffSndPath = KIS/Sounds/helmetOff
}

I love those containers for building huge freighters, interplanetary colonization vessels and such since the bigger containers can easily fit a fully working colony (e.g. Planetary Base)

Any chance those KIS cargo containers can be made a stock part in your mod? Would be awesome!!!!

Please keep up your breathtaking work!

Regards, kamikazeamoebe

can you post your config patch for stockalike station parts' cargo parts? so i dont have to spend an hour making one lol?

Hey, i've been testing this mod, in my first try, when i go inside "minerva" control module, this is what I see

image.png

image.png

Camera points to pilgrim module and I see this strange transparency. I'm using freeiva, i can post the log if needed.

5 minutes ago, NaviG said:

Hey, i've been testing this mod, in my first try, when i go inside "minerva" control module, this is what I see

Camera points to pilgrim module and I see this strange transparency. I'm using freeiva, i can post the log if needed.

If you have JSI Advanced Transparent pods installed, this is a known issue - you can remove it.

On 3/3/2023 at 1:45 PM, SpaceFoon said:

How are you guys assembling these in orbit? They are way too big for docking ports!

I was think about using Konstruction but I really don't want an entire mod just for the weldable docking ports... 

Restock+ has a 3.75m docking port, Near Future Launch Vehicles has a 5m docking port. Otherwise, I use adapter parts to scale the stack down to 2.5m and use a Clamp-o-tron Sr.. This is often necessary regardless, because the 2.5m hub is the largest available without making one out of the 3.75m radial attachment points.

Something I'd like to see is metal textures for the 5m station parts here.

Stockalike Station Parts is killing my saves after i load up any craft with a part related to said mod, i downloaded it manually due to ckan taking too long to install it.  

My current mods are:

re-stock

Planetside exploration tech

EVE+scatterer+spectra

Mech-jeb 

Luna multiplayer

BDAm (BD armoury multiplayer) 

and a few other dependencies 

please help

6 hours ago, Ameoba said:

Stockalike Station Parts is killing my saves after i load up any craft with a part related to said mod, i downloaded it manually due to ckan taking too long to install it.  

My current mods are:

re-stock

Planetside exploration tech

EVE+scatterer+spectra

Mech-jeb 

Luna multiplayer

BDAm (BD armoury multiplayer) 

and a few other dependencies 

please help

You’d need to post log files in order for anyone to be able to help.