The Upcoming Movies (and Movie Trailers) MegaThread!

StrandedonEarth

15 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I rewatched Dune last night.  Was the first time the Frau had a chance to see it.  Great movie. 

Now I'm looking forward to seeing 2.

https://youtu.be/_YUzQa_1RCE?feature=shared

I'm rather looking forward to March 1st myself, as that's the currently scheduled release date

18 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I'm rather looking forward to March 1st myself, as that's the currently scheduled release date

with how many times part one  got postponed im not holding my breath. rumors are that they want to do dune messiah as a part 3, so they can finish paul's story. 

On 11/18/2023 at 4:41 PM, Nuke said:

with how many times part one  got postponed im not holding my breath. rumors are that they want to do dune messiah as a part 3, so they can finish paul's story. 

They should not go much beyond - the story gets too weird with Worm-Boy. 

4 hours ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

They should not go much beyond - the story gets too weird with Worm-Boy. 

its such a great book that many say is not adaptable. idk how a movie about worm worshiping amazon women would fail at the box office. even the goons who would adapt it for "modern audiences" would find very little to change about it. 

The Quiet Place 3

Spoiler

All three parts are about the same idea: any sound you make is your enemy.

WHY does every part of the series have "Music Composer" and "OST", instead of choking and gasping???

Or do they hide dynamics in the bush to distract the alien species with music?

• 3 weeks later...

The wife and I just watched Clue (the 1985 movie) on Amazon, because she is going to audition for a community theater musical based on the movie in January. And my takeaway was that I'm nostalgic for the days when Hollywood would throw their A-list screenwriters, producers, directors, and actors, after a comedy. And that I still have a man-crush on Tim Curry. :D

On 12/18/2023 at 8:56 PM, TheSaint said:

The wife and I just watched Clue (the 1985 movie) on Amazon, because she is going to audition for a community theater musical based on the movie in January. And my takeaway was that I'm nostalgic for the days when Hollywood would throw their A-list screenwriters, producers, directors, and actors, after a comedy. And that I still have a man-crush on Tim Curry. :D

i remember that movie, and its myriad of endings. supposidly when you went to see it in the theater you wouldnt know what ending you would get and a different theater would have a different ending. i didnt see it until years later on tv, and they had all the endings edited together in sequence. 

Edited by Nuke

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Whoa, wait, how did this not get noticed, on this of all forums?

Based on the past 27 pages, I think we've all given up going to movies so don't see trailers much anymore :D

Just watched the trailer. Interesting premise. I might Redbox it if it doesn't come on Netflix or Amazon.

Edited by Superfluous J

20 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Whoa, wait, how did this not get noticed, on this of all forums?

Interesting side note: the script is reportedly from 2020, so it's not inspired by recent events.

On 1/10/2024 at 4:02 AM, StrandedonEarth said:

Not a movie, but a mini-series...

You know Benioff and Weiss, the guys who did the last season of Game of Thrones? They're doing this.

If there are any nighttime fight scenes, bring NVGs...

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 10:53 PM, DDE said:

Interesting side note: the script is reportedly from 2020, so it's not inspired by recent events.

You know Benioff and Weiss, the guys who did the last season of Game of Thrones? They're doing this.

If there are any nighttime fight scenes, bring NVGs...

True but way worse is that the strategy for the battle was so idiotic it would you charged for treason. You do not fight outside your fortified position against an superior enemy about to attack you. You use the defenses designed to give you an force multiplier. 
Against in much weaker but more mobile one you might have to try to fool them into an trap because you set yourself in an hopefully fake vulnerable position. 
Yes its tricks you can do if you don't have an castle but an castle works much better. 
It you want your side to loose here let them spread out their defense to far trying to defend all the farms, it would be stupid but noble. 

Without losing the battle, how could they lure the Snowie close to stab him?

It was a trap. I mean, the battle.

Also, as Bran is for sure possessed by the spirit of Benjen Stark, it was just a gameboard reset.

• 2 weeks later...

The BBC documentary series "The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth" looks brilliant. I want to watch it so bad that I even joined a VPN service so I could pretend to be logging onto the BBC website from the UK (they block streaming it outside the UK). Unfortunately, they also now want me to pay for a UK TV license before they'll let me stream it. I don't have one, and I'm not going to pay 160 GBP for one, so I guess I'm out of luck until such time that they make it available some other way... If anyone here manages to watch it,let us know how it is?

• 3 weeks later...

Went to see Dune: Part Two today. Totally worth seeing on the big screen. Although, you can tell they had a hard time squeezing 900 pages into two movies. There were a lot of parts where it was like, "So, this is super important to the plot, but we don't have a lot of time to show it. So, here it is. Now, let's move on." The Director's Cut is going to be like a mini-series.