KSP2 Hype Train Thread

I'm really liking the look of some of the ships we've seen so far. Certainly seems like we'll be able to make better looking stuff than in KSP1.

Also, people are saying 'less than a week to go', but it isn't, is it? It comes out on the 24th, and even if it come out at midnight, it's still a week and a bit away, right?? Tiny thing, I know, I just feel a bit like I'm losing my mind :D 

1 minute ago, gussi111 said:

Is that dust kicking up at around 1:00 added in?

I was wondering the same thing. It looks like it's only in front of the lander but not behind it so it might just be some flash added for the trailer.

But I'd absolutely love it if the game puffed up dust on landings. Hopefully it will be in the game it seems as doable as the plumes on takeoff.

Unbelievably excited to finally get this!

Edited by SolarAdmiral

LlgwSbd.png

This ship is powered by a nuclear reactor (at the bottom right), which is being kept at a safe distance from the habitat on the opposite side of the truss (and hey, I think that's our first look at the revamped hitchhiker!) We saw it in the VAB a couple times being assembled.

It took me a second to realize what I was looking at, but it was this shot that made me figure it out after I went back and looked closely: it's a replica of Francisdrakex's design for the Hermes spacecraft featured in The Martian:

hermes12.jpg

I love the explosion at 0:44 - in KSP 1 you'd expect a few anticlimactic poofs and one of three similar sounding explosion SFX - repeat for however many parts are going to explode. Even parts that logically shouldn't explode. Seeing a proper cloud emerge is immensely satisfying. And don't get me started on the VAB interface! It's nice to see a parts list that's readable for once. In all my time playing KSP, I haven't seen any mod tackle the parts list and make it any easier to parse. The biggest timesink with my vessels I have built so far has been trying to find parts without any proper categorisation.

1 minute ago, obney kerman said:

LlgwSbd.png

This ship is powered by a nuclear reactor (at the bottom right), which is being kept at a safe distance from the habitat on the opposite side of the truss (and hey, I think that's our first look at the revamped hitchhiker!) We saw it in the VAB a couple times being assembled.

It took me a second to realize what I was looking at, but it was this shot that made me figure it out after I went back and looked closely: it's a replica of Francisdrakex's design for the Hermes spacecraft featured in The Martian:

hermes12.jpg

Nice catch :)

Given how fast it's spinning here, either something went wrong or it's a demonstration of rotation in warp.

2 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

LlgwSbd.png

hermes12.jpg

Agree, look a lot like it, at first I thought it was an new engine as we have something in engines who look a bit like it. 

5 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

LlgwSbd.png

You can see the power generation tab in the vab in a shot where they are building what looks like this craft.

Looks like in addition to this cone generator, there's an even bigger one that looks like a truss, inline, probably also nuclear. Also looks like there might be a solar panel even bigger than the old XL.

Just now, Grandhobbit said:

Pretty sure that I remember hearing some of the solar panels will be procedural, opening up a wide range of possibilities and sizes. 

Radiators are procedural. Not sure if procedural solar panels were confirmed. The last I saw I think they got a "Maybe"

Just now, SolarAdmiral said:

Radiators are procedural. Not sure if procedural solar panels were confirmed. The last I saw I think they got a "Maybe"

Hopefully Nate goes back on "the non-proc solar panels you will get are enough / there's not enough use or possibilities for proc panels" which, frankly, isn't something that sounds like it was put through the dev team before being said.