2022 thread of the year

adsii1970

The KSP forum moderator's team presents the
2022 Thread of the Year

IQerBx7.png

In 2022, we saw a lot of great threads nominated for the Thread of the Month. Because of the changes to the Thread of the Month, we've been able to recognize more of you, our forum community, for the many wonderful contributions to our Kerbal Space Program forum community. But as the name of this thread suggests, there can only be one thread of the year. And this year, the thread that has received this honor was started on September 20, 2020. It wasn't until September 2022 and later, in October of that same year it would receive the recognition as Thread of the Month under the Game Support/Game Mod of the month. As a further recognition of the high quality of this mod, without further delay, the moderation team presents the 2022 Thread of the Year:

The mod's author, @Gameslinx, gave us the stunning visuals many of us desired in the game at the time when we were seeing the pre-alpha images of Kerbal Space Program 2 and were becoming frustrated by the news of the various delays in the game's release. But this mod does far more than that. As described by @Gameslinx:

Parallax completely recreates the surfaces of the planets, from the environment all the way down to the terrain detail. It combines a tessellation and displacement terrain shader as well as a completely new scatter system to vastly improve the planet surfaces. Parallax uses GPU instancing for surface objects in order to render massive amounts of geometry at amazing performance.

For those of you who are worried about performance on your older PC, this mod will still be able to give you some stunning visual effects by adjusting the settings. Even if you only play with the stock planets, this mod will make even Kerbin seem like an entirely new world with new adventures awaiting your little green pioneers! If you've never visited the thread, here's a YouTube video shared by @Gameslinx highlighting what this mod can do for your game play:

Thank you, @Gameslinx, for producing such a high quality mod and sharing it with the forum community.

Oh wow! I haven't been on the forums this year up until recently. This has absolutely made my day. Thank you for all the kind words!

There are so many other mods / threads deserving of this title as well. I for one am particularly interested in @blackrack's work on bringing volumetric clouds to the game. Can't wait to see where that goes!

Happy new year :) 

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Oh wow! I haven't been on the forums this year up until recently. This has absolutely made my day. Thank you for all the kind words!

There are so many other mods / threads deserving of this title as well. I for one am particularly interested in @blackrack's work on bringing volumetric clouds to the game. Can't wait to see where that goes!

Happy new year :) 

Congratulations @Gameslinx for bringing KSP to life!

20 hours ago, Vl3d said:

Also I believe 2023's thread for KSP1

There will not be a separate TOTY for KSP1 and KSP2. We are one UNITED community even though there will be two separate titles in the franchise. :)

However, within the TOTM, there will be two subcategories for categories. It's discussed here.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.