Release Date on Steam for KSP2 has been changed from the 24th of February to Coming Soon. Should we be concerned or perhaps the release will be earlier?

Anth

The release date was changed from the 24th of February to Coming Soon on the 13th of January 2023 at 8:30:05 UTC

We see Beta on the recent screenshots and videos...Beta is what I would consider Early Access worthy. So bring it on!! (please?)

Concerned, definitely concerned. 

There's no way they would release early, at least imo.

Of course, until there's official announcement, we can't really do much and I wouldn't worry too much. A delay is upsetting, but if they found a bug that will affect the game's launch, better to delay than to launch the game with said bug. 

Just now, The Aziz said:

It seems like something done internally on steam. I've seen at least two more yet-to-be-released products that had the same thing. Store API date removed, date changed to coming soon or TBA or something.

There's really no way to tell if it was Steam or Intercept. SteamDB doesn't give a lot of information. 

15 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

There's really no way to tell if it was Steam or Intercept. SteamDB doesn't give a lot of information. 

https://steamdb.info/app/2004210/history/  https://steamdb.info/app/1249970/history/

check timestamps for all three. Nearly identical. Most likely something was going on under the hood on steam side.

7 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

https://steamdb.info/app/2004210/history/  https://steamdb.info/app/1249970/history/

check timestamps for all three. Nearly identical. Most likely something was going on under the hood on steam side.

Hmmm. It could still be coincidence. Until we get official confirmation, we just don't know. 

2 hours ago, Anth12 said:

The release date was changed from the 24th of February to Coming Soon on the 13th of January 2023 at 8:30:05 UTC

We see Beta on the recent screenshots and videos...Beta is what I would consider Early Access worthy. So bring it on!! (please?)

That  sometimes mean they will start to accept early buys soon. We just need to wait.

20 minutes ago, tstein said:

That  sometimes mean they will start to accept early buys soon. We just need to wait.

No, it has been explicitly stated that KSP 2 will NOT be available for pre-purchase. Everyone has to wait for it to release at 12 PM CST on February 24th. No pre-orders. 

2 hours ago, GoldForest said:

No, it has been explicitly stated that KSP 2 will NOT be available for pre-purchase. Everyone has to wait for it to release at 12 PM CST on February 24th. No pre-orders. 

That is so weird.. usually   money flowing the sooner is better for everyone (specially people that   live in countries were they  cannot by with credit cards and need to do a payment order that takes 4 days to process)

1 minute ago, The Aziz said:

It is flowing sooner, hence the early access. At least in this case you can play as soon as you pay.

But I think you can understand the frustration of people that will have to wait almost an extra week because of that. Specially because of steam localized prices, we that are outside Europe and USA  have no clue how much it will cost yet.

Edited by tstein

1 minute ago, tstein said:

But I think you can understand the frustration of people that will have to wait almost an extra week because of that. Specially because of steam localized prices, we that are outside Europe and USA  have no clue how much it will cost yet.

I've been patiently awaiting KSP 2 for years through several delays, and with each delay I was happy to know another No Man's Sky wouldn't happen. A week isn't long to wait for a game :)

I guess these people can always send some funds to their steam wallet (if it's available) some time prior to release and just use money from there.

And I guess they can find how much any other $50 equivalent game costs on steam, I bet there are plenty, and secure similar amount in the wallet.

4 hours ago, GoldForest said:

I had been trying to find where you got the "noon Austin time" listed in your timer from; figured maybe you just picked an arbitrary time on the 24th. Is there a source that says that's the time of release?

1 hour ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I had been trying to find where you got the "noon Austin time" listed in your timer from; figured maybe you just picked an arbitrary time on the 24th. Is there a source that says that's the time of release?

I'm going off the assumption that it will be noon. Most games do release at 12pm CST/1 PM EST. It's just a mean time. 

Edited by GoldForest
Fixed the time

15 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I'm going off the assumption that it will be noon. Most games do release at 12pm CST/11 AM EST. It's just a mean time. 

You got the time zones mixed up. Eastern is ahead of the Central time zone. So it would be 12pm CST/1pm EST. 

1 hour ago, Ghostii_Space said:

Hey everyone!

This is just a formatting thing, and nothing about the release of KSP2 has changed! We will still be releasing on Feb 24th, 2023. :D 

Woo! I figured there was something going on with some Steam games. Really appreciate the confirmation!