Kerbal Space Program 2 (not dying and getting a new owner) Hype Train.

AtomicTech

2 hours ago, Lisias said:

I had a life before KSP2, and I will still have a life after it.

I had a life before KSP¹, but I'm afraid I'm going to be found after passing away trying to push yet another release fixing something, or perhaps debugging some other nasty bug I found bitting my cheeks. :sticktongue:

You will survive. We will survive. And, believe me, there are good chances that both of us will play KSP again - perhaps even KSP¹ (a certainty in my case).

I understand your grievance, because I'm also somewhat fed up about this. But not due the Game (any one of them), but by the increasing vitriol, back stabbing and rug pushing that this Community is victim since KSP2 was announced (not saying there weren't any before, just that these ones are the ones that managed to hit me badly).

We lost our ethics. We lost our respect to ourselves. This is what's making me incredibly sad.

However... There's always something good about being sad - it's one of the advanced Stages of healing.

Don't take it too hard, it's just a Stage. You will be fine.

Me too.

Hide contents

KeepWalking.jpg

PREACH!

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Lisias said:

I had a life before KSP2, and I will still have a life after it.

I had a life before KSP¹, but I'm afraid I'm going to be found after passing away trying to push yet another release fixing something, or perhaps debugging some other nasty bug I found bitting my cheeks. :sticktongue:

If the game fails, I'll made my own KSP. It'll be called Uuki Space Venture.

Uukis are a cat-like humanoid race. They build rockets to explore space and see how laser spots on the ground are fun on various celestial bodies. 

Moar meow, moar boosters

Edited by Uuky

Just now, kerbiloid said:

Don't forget to check its code for typos.

Ahah!

that's because my usual tag is Uuki. I couldn't use it on this board. Completely forgot the "y". :)

If there was an expansion of KSP1 I would buy it immediately and don't even need to look at content before buy it, but for KSP2, no thanks...

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Sometimes a monkey squad can more than a division of privates.

Nice play on words. 

my take is in a couple of years ChatGPT will be able to do what this team couldn’t, with some smart prompt engineering. 

now back to topic, how’s the hype train looking like?

3 minutes ago, pmborg said:

If there was an expansion of KSP1 I would buy it immediately and don't even need to look at content before buy it, but for KSP2, no thanks...

I would too. This is why I started this topic to see how many people would do the same:

4 hours ago, Uuky said:

Uukis are a cat-like humanoid race. They build rockets to explore space and see how laser spots on the ground are fun on various celestial bodies. 

Moar meow, moar boosters

If you produce it and meet the delivery dates, I'll buy it.

8 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Sometimes a monkey squad can more than a division of privates.

PREACH BROTHER!!!

5 hours ago, Uuky said:

Moar meow, moar boosters

I'd be down for it :)

16 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

@blackrack is now no longer working for IG and @Dakota might be leaving us soon.

We may not get an "official" word until the quarterly report in 2 weeks, but what more do we really need to see? 

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

@blackrack is now no longer working for IG and @Dakota might be leaving us soon.

Any source on those claims?

Also, probably nobody is going to work for IG because the studio has been disbanded and whoever was working there, unless laid off due to staff reduction, would end up working specifically for PD.

Oh and by the way, there's a place to discuss such things, here

Edited by The Aziz

4 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Also, probably nobody is going to work for IG because the studio has been disbanded and whoever was working there, unless laid off due to staff reduction, would end up working specifically for PD.

@Dakota sent out a tweet ("maybe not working at IG anymore"), and there is a screengrab from a Discord server where @blackrack said that he's looking for new job opportunities.

9 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

j52wozz7v7yc1.jpeg

Then it's not really a surprise. Why? Because as history proves, the employees responsible for community are the first to go. Sure there's a reduction. 

It's 60 days until closure, the people who will be gone can leave their work in best state possible for the remaining ones to pick up.

7 hours ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

my take is in a couple of years ChatGPT will be able to do what this team couldn’t, with some smart prompt engineering.

I highly suspect that AI will not be able to something as complex as make a working near-simulator (which is what KSP is) until the guts get a lot lot better.  As in decades more work.  It's as least as complex as musical jamming.  Which this video points out very well is likely far away for AI too.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jacke said:

I highly suspect that AI will not be able to something as complex as make a working near-simulator (which is what KSP is) until the guts get a lot lot better.  As in decades more work.  It's as least as complex as musical jamming.  Which this video points out very well is likely far away for AI too.

Watch this from 1 year ago 

since then Devin came out and it can do an albeit limited amount of jobs on upwork.

look at Sora video generation AI and then lookup will smith eating spaghetti 1 year ago.

even 1 year can mean a lot of progress  

so I think the progress is much faster than we all expect and we might get there sooner than we expect.

also notice I said compared to this team, which means we ask for the promised gameplay mechanics and instead they give us pictures of clouds and theoretical articles about eclipses. ChatGPT can already pull up a nice theoretical articol about a feature that didn’t yet see the light of day.

Edited by GGG-GoodGuyGreg

1 hour ago, GGG-GoodGuyGreg said:

even 1 year can mean a lot of progress  

so I think the progress is much faster than we all expect and we might get there sooner than we expect.

As covered in that video I posted above, AI may be able to produce some product that passes some Output Tests (somewhat okay songs), especially those with low standards.  But it will be a lot harder to pass Interaction Tests.  As in an AI musician being able to jam with people.  Or even between AI musicians.  That Interaction is much harder.

AI can't handle the complexity of driving a vehicle in a road with other traffic (despite the lies and bafflegab put out by some).  Because it needs to Interact in Complex Changing Environments.  Which AI is currently very bad at.