Kerbal Space Program 2 (not dying and getting a new owner) Hype Train.

AtomicTech

Posted (edited)

Guys, wait until Monday. They always post weekly challenges. If they don't then we know something bigger is up if they do than we can at least breath a sigh of relief that someone is still working.

Edited by Ryaja
NEW PAGE!

5 minutes ago, Ryaja said:

Guys, wait until Monday. They always post weekly challenges. If they don't then we know something bigger is up if they do than we can at least breath a sigh of relief that someone is still working.

We already know something big is up.  And we also know that, technically, someone is still working until June 28.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

We already know something big is up.  And we also know that, technically, someone is still working until June 28.

Ya, I meant bigger.

7 minutes ago, Ryaja said:

Ya, I meant bigger.

Can't get much bigger than this. Still, you do have a point. Mostly in how much they want to bother keeping a sense of normalcy or if they really have just left us all high and dry.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ryaja said:

Guys, wait until Monday. They always post weekly challenges.

Monday:
"The weekly challenge. To survive."

The hype train recreation.

Spoiler

Local modders are giving it a second life.

1012648.jpglarge.gallery_10497_3034_5582.jpg.91fcbbE8E91D5A-8D48-4E1A-8FE1-E484304020EE.jpgucAAAgLt32A-960.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRuFAdPV59Hv2wWGeu3nmE1213291_s.jpg

Edited by kerbiloid

11 hours ago, Ryaja said:

Ya, I meant bigger.

10 hours ago, VlonaldKerman said:

Story of my life.

Indeed! When I want to weigh myself, I stand on a <now-deprecated> Richter Scale ...

SZ video not on weekend? The world must be on fire
..it kinda is though

Anyway, yeah, yep, it's pretty much what I've been saying the entire time aaaand most of the people here ain't gonna believe that anyway. It's too sensible.

2 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

SZ video not on weekend? The world must be on fire
..it kinda is though

Anyway, yeah, yep, it's pretty much what I've been saying the entire time aaaand most of the people here ain't gonna believe that anyway. It's too sensible.

Seems like Wednesdays are his "Studio-drama" upload schedule :unsure:

Posted (edited)

I watched @ShadowZone's new video today. And not only was it a very interesting watch, but when he said: "And, yes, I can already hear you typing those comments. Something along the lines of 'copium' 'hopium'...

'shmopium"

That hit a little close to home lol.

Edited by NexusHelium

The fat lady has not officially sung yet, so I maintain a few shreds of hope.

TT knows this title is a very hot PR potato.  Flat-out cancellation would carry a heavy goodwill price ("reputational risk" in corpo speak), though how that compares to the cost of  throwing still more good money after perhaps $20+M invested so far is hard to quantify.   Sales are in the absolute gutter, and the Steam reviews would be near-impossible to swing back into seriously positive territory at this point.  Those are very strong headwinds to overcome on a path to success - potentially impossible to overcome for this specific title/release, so there may be some branding/ownership strategizing going on behind closed doors right now, hence the silence.

Properties with a strong cult following are notoriously hard to kill, even after some serious blunders.  The current release of KSP 2 is actually quite playable, and it would be surprising to the see the axe fall fully at this point with the game fundamentals now in a pretty good state.  I would have expected PD to drop the hammer after the disastrous initial release, not when there is light visible far down the tunnel.

So maybe it's hard to be a passenger on the Hype Train right now, but I'll keep my ticket for the Hope Train firmly in hand.  KSP is a pretty small drop in the Take Two bucket, but it's made it onto the radar in previous earnings calls, so we may have some non-speculation to clutch our pearls over by the 16th.

15 hours ago, Ryaja said:

May 16th, huh?

Well, it's the first indication from anyone of a specific date when we might hear something official. it's even fairly close.

I'd like to think that if it was dead and buried, then at least someone over there would make a tweet before they turn out the lights.

If they're dropping it, then our guys have until the 16th to shop it out to a new studio before it's officially dropped. Presenting the fans with a fait accompli has happened before in this game's development.

We live in hope, but I dread to think how toxic and hate filled the community may become over another week of silence.

13 hours ago, Flush Foot said:

Seems like Wednesdays are his "Studio-drama" upload schedule :unsure:

Not really.

I wanted to get last week's video out as quickly as possible after I got wind of the news. This week I chose to publish it to release one week after the WARN notice became public. Kind of a "why are you still silent after one week of this" statement.

But I also have a "normal" video scheduled for this Friday, sort of a palate cleanser. And unless there is some major development, I want to return to my usual Friday 13:00 UTC schedule (looking at you, Take-Two earnings call on May 16...)

6 hours ago, ShadowZone said:

Not really.

I wanted to get last week's video out as quickly as possible after I got wind of the news. This week I chose to publish it to release one week after the WARN notice became public. Kind of a "why are you still silent after one week of this" statement.

But I also have a "normal" video scheduled for this Friday, sort of a palate cleanser. And unless there is some major development, I want to return to my usual Friday 13:00 UTC schedule (looking at you, Take-Two earnings call on May 16...)

Any chance to get comments from people still working on KSP 2? Or is there some kind of NDA in the air?

7 hours ago, stephensmat said:

May 16th, huh?

Well, it's the first indication from anyone of a specific date when we might hear something official. it's even fairly close.

This...isn't really a secret.  The earnings call for Take Two is on the 16th, and we are all speculating that we may hear something on that call.

9 hours ago, Carraux said:

Any chance to get comments from people still working on KSP 2? Or is there some kind of NDA in the air?

There's likely NDAs involved.  The people who were laid off are still under severance until the end of June.  And they know the least.  Those still working have even more reasons to not speak out of turn.

The first we'll likely hear is information from that earnings call on May 16th, then maybe a bit more just after.  Even afterwards, expect most things to still be as clear as mud.  This, like the change from Star Theory to Intercept Games, will always be somewhat shrouded in uncertainty and lack of details.

On 5/9/2024 at 7:26 AM, Carraux said:

I am 99.8% sure there is an NDA. The developers are basically not allowed to say anything.

On 5/11/2024 at 12:38 PM, Apogee-23 said:

I am 99.8% sure there is an NDA. The developers are basically not allowed to say anything.

Yes; I can confirm from talking with a dev.