Kerbal Space Program 2 (not dying and getting a new owner) Hype Train.

AtomicTech

I'm guessing that there is a massive legal case at the center of all of this, which is why none of the team are at liberty to say what's going on, or what the future is.   At this point, to not even confirm a full closure is a dead giveaway that there's been some sort of proceeding with NDAs in place.   That also means it wasn't just the studio closing due to funding.  This was a legal battle that somehow shut down the studio/project.

The fact that they've not even hinted at new ownership or buyer means it wasn't pertaining to a transfer of ownership or sale of the IP.  I think something unfortunate happened at a very high level and the game's IP and studio were the collatoral damage.

52 minutes ago, Bosun said:

I'm guessing that there is a massive legal case at the center of all of this, which is why none of the team are at liberty to say what's going on, or what the future is.   At this point, to not even confirm a full closure is a dead giveaway that there's been some sort of proceeding with NDAs in place.   That also means it wasn't just the studio closing due to funding.  This was a legal battle that somehow shut down the studio/project.

The fact that they've not even hinted at new ownership or buyer means it wasn't pertaining to a transfer of ownership or sale of the IP.  I think something unfortunate happened at a very high level and the game's IP and studio were the collatoral damage.

Is this due to similiar situations in the past..

Like situations indicative of acquisition mechanics at play? Or when there is some type of malfeasance at play?

I really it thought it had more to do with large projects on this scale. Super secrecy is standard SOP when earning reports approach revenue streams that are on the billions. 

Just curious it seems kind of normal when there's alot of money on the table like IP sales. Closed door negotiations & all.

If buyer approached knows they are approached 10th it tanks any hope of negotiating from a favorable position.

Those still here are looking for insight and info so I was just wondering if you had witnessed other instances where this level of secrecy  was an indication of something greater... and what form that may have taken.

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

3 hours ago, Bosun said:

There's a bunch of necessary paperwork that would have been filed and publicly avaliable, and would have been noticed (just like the WARN act filings that kicked off this whole mess) if that were the case. 

No, this is just corpos being corpos over at T2, screwing over game teams that actually do the work, and the customers. 

1 hour ago, kdaviper said:

Even though the studio is shut down, they still seem to be uploading new dev branches to steam 

As has been explained many times in many places, this is almost certainly one or two people releasing work that was in the pipeline.

KSP 2 is still dead.