Air Bugs

Nate Simpson

19 hours ago, nestor said:

We have been sharing more on the bug fixing side because we have seen a lot of interest in that area but that doesn't mean we are not making progress in other areas.

Quite frankly these so-called "transparent" dev posts are pretty lackluster, just like the previous ones. There's not a lot of extra information, just confirmation that bugs are being worked on (which is great, but I already knew that). I'm sure other people find some value in them but to me it's just extra noise in the noise, I already know you all are working on fixing bugs and doing feature work, that's obvious (and if you're not, well, we'll find that out soon enough) and I so far trust you enough to really not care at all about these weekly fluff pieces.

Actual dev blogs, where people spend time talking about what they are working on, that is useful, that is "transparent", that is enlightening. Those take time, I get it. that's at least a couple hours out of a dev's day, likely more due to shifting gears. I don't expect those that often but I would very much like to see more of that rather than these ... kind of useless "dev posts" here that just get people mad because "transparency" or something.

20 hours ago, nestor said:

I mentioned a few weeks ago that we are trying find a balance between bug fixing, performance improvements, new content and update releasing.

I'm sorry you guys have to keep repeating this, but seems like we players have the brain and memory capacity of a goldfish....

58 minutes ago, regex said:

Actual dev blogs, where people spend time talking about what they are working on, that is useful, that is "transparent", that is enlightening. Those take time, I get it. that's at least a couple hours out of a dev's day, likely more due to shifting gears. I don't expect those that often but I would very much like to see more of that rather than these ... kind of useless "dev posts" here that just get people mad because "transparency" or something.

Well, there are already some, and one more is coming this week.

As you said, some people find value in these dev posts, so what's the problem of keeping them when we have dev diary alongside it?

6 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

And there's a reason they couldn't overlay it on KSP1 which is...what, exactly?

6 hours ago, kdaviper said:

From what I understand, the way the game handles orbits and maneuvers had to be completely rewritten to allow for seamless integration of interstellar and multiplayer. 

Well, KSP is a game about Orbits, and it would probably have been a good idea to re-write the code so the new features of INterstellar (Mods in KSP 1) and multiplayer (Mod in KSP 1) work well. Yes, they could have, maybe,  but when you consider everything else they added, like axial tilt and so forth, more bugs might have arisen than not. Maybe, but quite possibly, as you said earlier, every game has its bugs, and this method, while quicker, may not have been beneficial long term.

On 6/12/2023 at 10:15 AM, Alexoff said:

Where is this transparency? What will science look like? Does anyone work with thermal effects?

Have you seen the letter from the modders?

WOW! That letter was spot on! First time ive seen it! THAT needs to be pinned or something. Bravo @Poodmund and the modding community! 

On 6/12/2023 at 1:06 PM, Wheehaw Kerman said:

Three-four months isn’t a lot of time.  Give the modding community a decade or so, and we might have as many mods.  I say “might”, because I expect that KSP2 1.0 is going to be much more complete and far broader in scope than KSP, and won’t need as much modding.

broader in scope yes. But not need as much modding? Yeah there will ALWAYS be something to mod. Very creative people here and I expect they will come up with all kinds of stuff. Think of it in terms of there will be more stuff in the game therefore more things to tweak and mod and then some! Every aspect of this game will be changed or altered in some way sooner or later!

On 6/12/2023 at 4:31 PM, kanabeach83 said:

ils n'arrivent même pas à faire tourner le jeu convenablement, autant dire que des ajouts de réalisme comme le système thermique risque de prendre des mois, voir des années avant leur implantation.

ne rêvez pa, le jeu est déjà mort. c'est un "early access" tamponné à vie.

Translation:  They can't even run the game properly, so realism additions like the thermal system may take months or even years before they are implemented.

Don't dream, the game is already dead. It is an "early access" stamped for life.

have a little faith my friend. They working on it. Im salty to but I like what ive been reading recently. I think its going in the right direction

34 minutes ago, Redneck said:

broader in scope yes. But not need as much modding? Yeah there will ALWAYS be something to mod. Very creative people here and I expect they will come up with all kinds of stuff. Think of it in terms of there will be more stuff in the game therefore more things to tweak and mod and then some! Every aspect of this game will be changed or altered in some way sooner or later!

have a little faith my friend. They working on it. Im salty to but I like what ive been reading recently. I think its going in the right direction

Agreed that modders are gonna mod :).

1 hour ago, Pat20999 said:

Thousands of players in ksp1, in ksp2 less than a hundred… :(

With a very good chance to drop even more, due to lack of content, bugs and summertime. Summertime :cool:!!!

Heads up though. Until science lands, I doubt those numbers will change much, aside from patch time peaks. Still irrelevant metric to me...

2 hours ago, LoSBoL said:

If others find value in the current communications I certainly can't see it as wasted effort, even if it doesn't serve me personally.

I just find it funny that extra specificity and words translates to "more transparency" or is somehow better in quality. It's not like we really learned anything new here that's actionable...

10 minutes ago, cocoscacao said:

Summertime :cool:!!!

In fact, the summer does not greatly reduce the number of players. This can be seen in Dota 2 and other popular games. Young people, on the contrary, have more free time for playing computer games in summer, as they would have to study at other times of the year.

20 minutes ago, regex said:

I just find it funny that extra specificity and words translates to "more transparency" or is somehow better in quality. It's not like we really learned anything new here that's actionable...

We learn informations on how far they are at fixing some bugs and thus when we can expect them to be fixed. Also what solution they use, I find it interesting (and we can question their solution like the first answer from Nate).

Besides, here we have a date, so pretty useful if you ask me.

6 minutes ago, Spicat said:

We learn informations on how far they are at fixing some bugs and thus when we can expect them to be fixed. Also what solution they use, I find it interesting (and we can question their solution like the first answer from Nate).

We have one more dev update before 0.1.3.0, so they'll probably give us a definitive breakdown of exactly what's to come in this patch. Hopefully an update on thermodynamics and Science/other roadmap milestones too, but I'm expecting way too much there. I'll be very surprised if we do get it.

I mean, we know they're working on bugs and features, any specificity is pure hype and marketting. The only thing that really matters is the changelog that comes with the update. This is why I would prefer a monthly, in-depth dive into what someone's doing over just reiterating what might be in the changelog.

55 minutes ago, regex said:

What even could we learn that's actionable? 

4 minutes ago, regex said:

I mean, we know they're working on bugs and features, any specificity is pure hype and marketting. The only thing that really matters is the changelog that comes with the update. This is why I would prefer a monthly, in-depth dive into what someone's doing over just reiterating what might be in the changelog.

Also we should be getting an in depth dev diary this week about bug fixing of drag

Why are we so fixated on player numbers? I don't understand because it doesn't mean anything. Are you guys trying to prove something? 

Noone is playing because probably the hardcore ksp1 players bought the game as well mostly, and compared to that there is nothing to do. We know the gameplay, nothing new to learn, no point playing the toturials more than once. In the sandbox mode, you can easily do that 20-30k dV big ball nuclear rocket, and with that you can literally reach anywhere even with the orbital bug plaguing the interplanetary travel. 

Our only porpuse at this point is to report bugs, which we are doing fine. (At least i haven't encounterd anything new which was not reported at this point, expect for one) I'm just waiting for the new patch to come, so i can finally work on checking the changes, see the new parts. 

Even when science will come, i don't see big changes in player numbers, since science was already part of the ksp1 gameplay. Only colonies, interplanetary and multiplayer will bring new players to the table,  Which are all worked on right now, simultainiously, only we don't see that unfortunatly. 

1 hour ago, 000PainKiller000 said:

Why are we so fixated on player numbers? I don't understand because it doesn't mean anything.

I think we would discuss KSP2 sales or returns with no less interest, but we do not have this information. Both are important for T2, since it is T2 who finances the development of KSP2 (I have doubts that sales of the game paid for its development in 6 years). Perhaps these consequences have already come - there are several new vacancies on the website of the game developer, where applicants are required to be able to work with unreal engine. Apparently some new game development has started, but I doubt that a new game needs only a few developers. Most likely, this is now being done by a part of the team that previously developed KSP2. But there is no clear evidence, maybe I don’t know something.

4 hours ago, cocoscacao said:

With a very good chance to drop even more, due to lack of content, bugs and summertime. Summertime :cool:!!!

Heads up though. Until science lands, I doubt those numbers will change much, aside from patch time peaks. Still irrelevant metric to me...

yea, I'm not playing through steam and so my numbers aren't being picked up for KSP1 or KSP2.  And I'm playing for at lease 15mins to 60mins a day (it is never enough).  I have to say though that KSP2 isn't much, once a week maybe.   I am waiting on science - and modding tools.