Having to eat prevents players from being able to play the game non-stop

The Space Peacock

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel Core I7 10th Gen | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce MX350 | RAM8GB

Issue:
Players who want to play 24/7 can't play due to having to take snack breaks

Steps to Replicate:

1.  Start playing the game
  2. Observe you get hungry after a certain amount of time has passed

Note:
              not eating may cause faintness, fatigue and rapid unscheduled dissasemblies

Cause:
The human digestion system

Recommended Solution:
get rid of hunger.

Image:

Spoiler

LaORqBs.png

iiNzmGb.png

pJhRaqD.png

Video Evidence:

Spoiler

Credit:
Thanks to Danny2462 for pointing this out

Edited by The Space Peacock

Just now, Krzysztof Jaromir said:

Might be its own bug report, but there's a similar issue, but instead of eating, you have to drink

you can also replicate it in the same way, just instead its getting thirsty.

luckily there's a simple workaround for this: hook yourself up to IV fluids

Don't forget the sleep bug

Just now, Krzysztof Jaromir said:

Might be its own bug report, but there's a similar issue, but instead of eating, you have to drink

you can also replicate it in the same way, just instead its getting thirsty.

This is actually a problem with most games, it's a limitation of how the hunger system works, devs can only do so much unfortunately. I've found having a really good setup is the only way around it, by incorporating an IV drip into your gaming rig you can have a  constant feed which sates your hunger while you play. But it's a shame this kind of thing is so innaccessible due to the cost. It also requires you to give up flavour, but I haven't found that to be an issue when the trade-off is playing KSP non-stop. Seems like an easy choice to me.

Tried to look into it more, but reproducibility is screwy - always happens but at varied triggers and intervals. Either dependent on complex state or possibly a firmware issue. What's worse is the digestive system does not seem to have proper API documentation, overall very sloppy implementation tbh

• Community Manager
43 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I think having to go to sleep, or having to go to work, might be related to this bug.

Yeah I'm definitely experiencing having to go to work preventing me from playing the game. Devs pls fix

See this is why KSP 1 will always be better than KSP 2. In KSP 1, they solved this issue early on by implementing no timewarp during burns. Together with ion engines, all the bugs mentioned here were solved. Why can't the KSP 2 devs learn from things that were already fixed a decade ago? :huh:

Solution (as seen at the end of videos before the release of KSP2):

During sleep or work hours, find a long transit between CBs and after completing your burn, turn off your monitor and do not bother with time warp.

During meal hours, play as normal and do not time warp as you orbit around a CB getting in position for your next burn. Just step away long enough to prepare said mean and come back. Eat while watching the game so you can interact when necessary and then resume eating. It's like eating while you watch TV, only better because you get to be  a part of the show.

Bathroom break? Commit to a long burn and go pee. If you feel the burn, grab some water on your way back.

16 hours ago, Deddly said:

See this is why KSP 1 will always be better than KSP 2. In KSP 1, they solved this issue early on by implementing no timewarp during burns. Together with ion engines, all the bugs mentioned here were solved. Why can't the KSP 2 devs learn from things that were already fixed a decade ago? :huh:

In KSP1, you can time warp up to 4x in the physics warp. You just hold right-alt when you tap that first key to begin warp, and every increment or decrement greater than 1x would be in a physics enabled time warp. In KSP2, this is similar to the physics time warp you get while in atmosphere. With KSP1, this kind of time warp enabled slow turning ships to turn more rapidly. You could also change your thrust during a physics enabled time warp. Wish they'd bring that back for KSP2.

Edited by jclovis3
Added text.