What happened to increased communication?

Posted (edited)

Not a single word from IG or Take2 on this. I guess lack of communication continues to be the norm. Pretty much removes any doubt about their desire to keep the community informed. If the community isn't throwing $$$$ at it they don't care. 

And don't forget. KitHack exists

Edited by calabus2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

Check Intercept discord #announcments

Still at work. Can't talk about it.

That's great. Where is the announcement on a platform they own like this forum as well as their official Reddit sub? What a excrements company. Probably just Nate on Discord chugging beers trying to save his job. 

Edited by calabus2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, calabus2 said:

That's great. Where is the announcement on a platform they own like this forum as well as their official Reddit sub? What a excrements company. Probably just Nate on Discord chugging beers trying to save his job. 

hOd1zW1.png

Whis is it.. complaining about the lack of any comment from the developers of KSP2? 

OR .. Disregard that there is some form of comment and personally attack the character of someone on the Team?

I have made my skepticism about creative direction known, but i try to avoid situations where I try to have it both ways.

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

hOd1zW1.png

Whis is it.. complaining about the lack of any comment from the developers of KSP2? 

OR .. Disregard that there is some form of comment and personally attack the character of someone on the Team?

I have made my skepticism about creative direction known, but i try to avoid situations where I try to have it both ways.

All of the above. If you think for a minute that we have had adequate communication over the last year then you are delusional. The trend continues. That post was made by their social media account...not a dev...not a CM...not a manager.  Just some poor person tasked with putting out more PR BS.

Edited by calabus2

Posted (edited)

Yeah, the tweet is just reflexive corpo-speak, and all it tells us is there exists at least one dev still working on KSP2.  I think it very likely at this point that the team was ambushed by this news, and everyone who would post rumor control is either gone, or struggling to get straight answers front their corporate overlords.  Either way, my sympathies for Dakota.

Edited by Skorj

Posted (edited)

Though i have zero faith the game will ever see completion, i try to avoid being outright dick. That is part of conducting oneself with curtesy.

So i will further point out the dissonance of your commentary...

26 minutes ago, calabus2 said:

VS

6 minutes ago, calabus2 said:

All over the above. If you think for a minute that we have had adequate communication over the last year then you are delusional. The trend continues. That post was made by their social media account...not a dev...not a CM...not a manager.  Just some poor person tasked with putting out more PR BS.

Which is it? Drunk Nate or PR schmuck? Or possibly now a third alternative.

The same exact sentiment could have been conveyed without derogatory personal commentary.
Could have mentioned past EA failures or a crowdsourced money grab.. other instances of misdirection / PR propaganda, the past failure to effectively communicate meaningful content...
All those things would lend legitimacy to your words.

Comments like the first, may elicit a wry chuckle from some, but really doesn't contribute to  any greater dialogue the community is having.

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith

On 4/25/2024 at 7:44 AM, Sirad said:

[...] thats gonna lead nowhere and the project is near to get abandoned or set to 1.0 Quick aaand its done.

I understand the Uproar, and i put the Blame on the Publisher. Some buyers feel like 'we got your money, so F off now' [...]

Now, Thats the Point where i started to hate my own predictions.

15 hours ago, Sirad said:

Now, Thats the Point where i started to hate my own predictions.

I saw the writing on the wall after the first patch. Well that and the complete lack of any meaningful communication. It really is a shame what they have done to the IP. 

This was an interesting read. Lead at Larian saying gamers just want to have open communication & don't want to be "marketed" to.

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/baldur-s-gate/larian-publishing-director-says-marketings-dead-because-players-dont-want-to-be-bamboozled-and-we-learned-that-with-baldurs-gate-3/

I enjoyed it and found the irony a bit poignant.

44 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

This was an interesting read. Lead at Larian saying gamers just want to have open communication & don't want to be "marketed" to.

https://www.gamesradar.com/games/baldur-s-gate/larian-publishing-director-says-marketings-dead-because-players-dont-want-to-be-bamboozled-and-we-learned-that-with-baldurs-gate-3/

I enjoyed it and found the irony a bit poignant.

Larian really did everything right with BG3. They went into EA with a solid foundation and plenty of content. They listened to the community and improved every aspect of the game before release. I truly hope they don't shift into bad guy mode after their success. We've seen it so many times with other studios. 

12 minutes ago, calabus2 said:

Larian really did everything right with BG3. They went into EA with a solid foundation and plenty of content. They listened to the community and improved every aspect of the game before release. I truly hope they don't shift into bad guy mode after their success. We've seen it so many times with other studios. 

All good things comes to and end.

28 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

Wacky theory #721: This is all a clever ploy so we stop asking them to tell us everything every step of the way.

If this is a restructure out or EA where they will just tell us when it’s done… absolutely the best possible path forward. I don’t think EA will go well after this, no way they can win back the confidence that the game won’t be abandoned after this.

The rumor and a clarification the next business day? Maybe. But not after this silence and the god awful corpo speak tweet from the general business account.

On 4/30/2024 at 6:54 PM, Jaypeg said:

I we are currently 14 days beyond the average update time. We will most likely get a big update within the next 2 weeks.

Yeah. Its over

Don't look now, but today is Friday.  And for the last 15ish months, Friday has been the day that news drops.  No, I don't have insider information.  No, I have no clue whether or not anything is ever going to get said.  But I've got hope, and hope is a powerful thing.

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Don't look now, but today is Friday.  And for the last 15ish months, Friday has been the day that news drops.  No, I don't have insider information.  No, I have no clue whether or not anything is ever going to get said.  But I've got hope, and hope is a powerful thing.

Just like all those millions who hope they win the lottery each week? :lol:

16 hours ago, calabus2 said:

Fingers crossed, the idea that marketing is dead is pretty spot on though. Kerbal Space Program is perhaps a one of those games that would benefit most from not taking the approach of marketing. Communication (as a two way thing) is mega important for what is a niche game, I know people don't want to accept that, but it is.

It's the sorta game that needs to be made for its current fanbase first and foremost, and then with them 'on-board' it can start reaching others. But you absolutely don't accomplish that if you alienate your actual fanbase and try videos, and 'branding' instead. I know (personally) no-one who has ever came to Kerbal Space Program, myself excluded, I don't physically know a other player.

Reasons for that can be boiled down to a small statement: "The game is too complicated, it's too hard", that's what every single person I've known who has tried Kerbal Space Program has said, and herein lies the crux of the issue. Gamers, as a whole are getting lazier and lazier, more interested in how fast they can use the triggers than anything else.

Kerbal Space Program is a game pretty much made for the confines of this forum, and maybe a small amount of people outside that would come over.

So, as sad as it is, Kerbal Space Program dies, unceremoniously with Intercept Games and the Call of Duty, FIFA, Grand Theft Auto machine keeps on ticking over and generating millions and millions of sales, vindicating their approach. In the process we lost a genuine 'diamond' amongst coal.

2 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Well, this morning we did learn directly from Dakota and Blackrack that they are looking for other job opportunities, so it seems the internal team likely got news that they are allowed to go public with their employment status and job searches. Seems that we are one step closer to an official announcement about the end of KSP2, though I'm sure there are still plenty of logistics to still work out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.