[APRIL FOOLS] The Empire Strikes Back: KSP2 Adopts Imperial Units

30 minutes ago, Nerdy_Mike said:

I wasn't able to return early due to unforeseen circumstances

Hopefully nothing bad related to the twins (or 'Mom') :mellow:!

I sure know my Christmas was 'anything but Merry' (and was glad for the extra week off that my workplace offered me)

Edited by Flush Foot

• Community Lead
46 minutes ago, Flush Foot said:

Hopefully nothing bad related to the twins (or 'Mom') :mellow:!

I sure know my Christmas was 'anything but Merry' (and was glad for the extra week off that my workplace offered me)

Thank you so much it is getting better so I can turn my attention to the KSP community while I'm working and not worrying off to the side 

9 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

I'm a little late, but I would love to see expanded UOMs for velocity and distances.

Nanometers per femtosecond?

Just now, shdwlrd said:

Sure... if the game was about particle physics. But it's not.

You just said "would like to see other units of measurement", so I was taking a guess at what you were looking for ;p

AU per week?

3 hours ago, Nerdy_Mike said:

Dakota was by himself for the last 5 months as I had twins and I wasn't able to return early due to unforeseen circumstances, but I am back and I'll do my best to be more active here and on other social platforms as well with Dakota. 

Welcome back! Smart of you not to post this on the 1st :D

Family comes first and I'm glad for you that your employers feel that way too, and gave you the time you needed.

7 minutes ago, Flush Foot said:

AU per week?

Huh... Does anyone actually know if the Kerbals have a concept of 'weeks' (or months)?

We know their days are ~6 hours long (ish) and their years are ~426 days long, but is there anything 'between' those?

5 hours ago, Flush Foot said:

Huh... Does anyone actually know if the Kerbals have a concept of 'weeks' (or months)?

We know their days are ~6 hours long (ish) and their years are ~426 days long, but is there anything 'between' those?

No reason to, really. With no tilt and no eccentricity, they shouldn't have seasons like we do.

The only real reason is ease of conversation and thought. March 4th is easier than Day 93, at least for me.

I'd like to think they have Munths and maybe even Minmunths.

Edited by Superfluous J

What does 10.273lbs 9oz actually convey? That is not how the imperial system works. Where'd you guys go to school? Canada? To see what I'm asking about, look at that 4th photo showing the fractions on some other parts.

Okay, true story. I went into Starbucks one time and asked for a Pint-o-Pumpkin-Latte. The young lady looked up at me and said we don't use metric here.

Edited by jclovis3

IIRC the Apollo hardware has been built in metric by some metric pre-damaged guys and then translated to imperial in the cockpits for the other guys flying the whole shebang repeatedly without proper life insurance to the moon and back.

I`d love to see imperial units for the nostalgia.

And the banana for scale in the VAB.

Please do it.

:1437623226_rocket_1f680(3):