Some Improvements on the Way

I was a fool for buying KSP2 on the day it came out. KSP1 feels so much more extravagant, intriguing, and inviting, with a few simple mods (those simple mods replicate all of KSP2's planned features and more). We never needed KSP2 in the first place. HarvesteR said in an interview that KitHack Model Club laid the foundations for a space game he really wants to work on, and I look forward to that.

2 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

I don't get why people are freaking out over lack of communication, I thought that was the norm with ksp2.

It is mainly because this is an unusual situation where the fate of the game is at risk. Naturally, we need communication now more than ever.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Apogee-23 said:

... we need communication now more than ever.

No, we are just the  cash cow to slaughter. The high Lords are not required to talk to the rabble, they already milked us and are now free to do with our money what ever they please.

Edited by Schaufel

4 hours ago, Apogee-23 said:

It is mainly because this is an unusual situation where the fate of the game is at risk. Naturally, we need communication now more than ever.

There's no one left to communicate, dude. It's over.

I just saw a photo of KSP2 colony screenshots from devs, which triggered euphoria due to how huge and amazing it was (more like a city state than a colony, with trade routes and all). Then I loaded up my KPBS colony on minimus, which pales in comparison yet is about as big as KSP1 colonies can get. I know it's very very unlikely, but I really hope they pull another success like the science update. If KSP2 gets all its features, it would truly be incredible.

11 hours ago, 737 said:

I just saw a photo of KSP2 colony screenshots from devs, which triggered euphoria due to how huge and amazing it was (more like a city state than a colony, with trade routes and all). Then I loaded up my KPBS colony on minimus, which pales in comparison yet is about as big as KSP1 colonies can get. I know it's very very unlikely, but I really hope they pull another success like the science update. If KSP2 gets all its features, it would truly be incredible.

It would, let's face it Colonies could, would have changed the fortunes of the game I think as it's such a big departure, in principle, from Kerbal Space Program 1. Most of the feature set in Colonies just can't be replicated in the same way, so it'd be a tragedy if that 'dream' is over.

Posted (edited)

We can’t even get simple stuff fixed like falling through the ground, missing orbital lines, docking ports, overheating in fairings, etc… You guys think these devs can come up with a City builder like design embedded within KSP2 with trade routes and economies? lol. Sure

Edited by Biggen

On 5/19/2024 at 12:55 PM, Biggen said:

We can’t even get simple stuff fixed like falling through the ground, missing orbital lines, docking ports, overheating in fairings, etc… You guys think these devs can come up with a City builder like design embedded within KSP2 with trade routes and economies? lol. Sure

I don't think they can. I'm just sad that they can't.

24 minutes ago, Namethatfollowstherules said:

There in fact was not improvements on the way

They are still doing updates to the code branches, so something is on the way. I have my doubts on the "improvements" part though.

12 hours ago, MechBFP said:

They are still doing updates to the code branches, so something is on the way. I have my doubts on the "improvements" part though.

As has been mentioned many times before, that is likely some of the staff moved to Private Division pushing out previously created changes to Steam.

10 hours ago, Jacke said:

As has been mentioned many times before, that is likely some of the staff moved to Private Division pushing out previously created changes to Steam.

No, IG is still in the office and working, as strange as that situation normally would be. Staff have posted selfies of themselves in the office stil.

4 hours ago, MechBFP said:

No, IG is still in the office and working, as strange as that situation normally would be. Staff have posted selfies of themselves in the office stil.

Where? Post a link to the pics. 

4 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Its on Discord, search for Dakota's posts.

Nope. Dakota hasn't been employed at IG or, as far as I know, at PD for months. I don't care what his LinkedIn says (which says he is OPEN TO WORK). Show me recent photos of the team hard at work. Show me screenshots WITH DATES they were posted and by whom they were posted.

Just now, calabus2 said:

Nope. Dakota hasn't been employed at IG or, as far as I know, at PD for months. I don't care what his LinkedIn says (which says he is OPEN TO WORK). Show me recent photos of the team hard at work. Show me screenshots WITH DATES they were posted and by whom they were posted.

The layoffs aren't technically effective until the 28th of June.  So the staff very well could still be in the office working until then.

1 minute ago, Scarecrow71 said:

The layoffs aren't technically effective until the 28th of June.  So the staff very well could still be in the office working until then.

True, but if someone is going to make a stemement as fact and provide zero evidence of it, then I have no faith in their claim. If the pictures are on some other site then share them here. I shouldn't need to go hunt for them. You made the claim...now provide the evidence to back it up, 

13 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Its on Discord, search for Dakota's posts.

The burden of evidence is on you, and as much as I agree with your stance I can't stand it when people tell someone to use Discord's *************************************************** search engine instead of taking the five seconds to upload the relevant evidence to Imgur and embed it.